• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Hindus safe in Pakistan/Bangladesh?

ronki23

I used to read that the Hindu population in Bangladesh is decreasing and there have been a lot of Hindu murders in Bangladesh. I also read the majority of raped women are Hindu. But the only information I found now is that Hindus have had up to 40% of their land confiscated

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I used to read that the Hindu population in Bangladesh is decreasing and there have been a lot of Hindu murders in Bangladesh. I also read the majority of raped women are Hindu. But the only information I found now is that Hindus have had up to 40% of their land confiscated

It wouldn't be at all surprising if this was true. Members of a certain religion aren't at all tolerant of anyone (especially those they perceive to be polytheists) once they achieve societal majority.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
In Bangladesh they have nationwide Saraswati Puja and Dhaka University has a large statue of her. They revere Durga highly too

In Bangladesh Hindus and other non-Muslims (as well as members of minority Muslim sects like Sufis) are being murdered at an alarming rate while the government does jack **** to stop it.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems like every other day another Hindu is being murdered in Bangladesh. Beheadings are weirdly common there. I wish they could get safe passage into India.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hindus are not safe in any of the two countries. The difference is that in Bangladesh, the government tries to do something about it while in Pakistan the government does not care. Hindus make 1.6% of population in Pakistan and perhaps 10% in Bangladesh. So there is a difference.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Hindus are not safe in any of the two countries. The difference is that in Bangladesh, the government tries to do something about it while in Pakistan the government does not care. Hindus make 1.6% of population in Pakistan and perhaps 10% in Bangladesh. So there is a difference.

What does the Bangladesh government try to do to help the situation?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
They have captured the killers of priests and most probably the culprits will get death or life imprisonment. Sheikh Hasina may not be in full control of things but she does care for Hindus and does not want Bangladesh to become something like Pakistan. Her father, Sheikh Mujib built Bangladesh in opposition to Pakistan with India's help and was secular. Bangladesh was like Baluchistan today, a neglected part of Pakistan, the power was/is with the Punjabis.

ronki23

Wikipedia used to have a lot about Hindu persecution in Bangladesh but now not so much. There was a graphic link showing Hindu murders in Bangladesh and there was an infamous photo about Muslims finding the first Hindu they could and murdering him in the Mosque

ronki23

Recently there has been riots because there was a photo posted of social media where the Qu'ran was placed at the feet of Durga Mata's statue.

India's CAA is literally a lifesaver for Bangladeshi Hindus as well as Afghani and Pakistani minorities

JIMMY12345

Yes definitely historically. Now unsure how widespread now.

West Pakistan mercilessly massacred both Muslims and Hindu's in very large numbers. This when then East Bangladesh agitated for independence. Life in Bangladesh is hard hard hard with widespread poverty. They peer over the border fence to India. Its an artificial barrier. The fence spans what is like family with close tribal links on both sides. India is booming and prosperous. India's problem is how to keep people out. Both religious groups get treated badly if they do manage the difficult task of crossing the different borders of different neighbouring countries. Murders and rapes continue. Muslims easily bear the brunt this time.
Source: Tim Marshall: Prisoners and The Power of Geography. If interested buy both. Also cancel all social engagements. They make for riveting reads.