• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Highly Intelligent People Inherently Cruel?

Cooky

Veteran Member
The "Evil Mastermind" makes a good villain in a story but most people realize that that is not realistic. Also, even if they don't realize it, most people know about 3 Mensa level intelligent people personally and they are rarely cunning and cruel.

Most people, even most highly intelligent people, value kindness higher than intelligence.

Indeed. I want to make sure everyone realizes it. But I'm an optimist. ;)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You're stuck in character (playing the part of the "highly intelligent"). This is much larger than that. Try to break through and enlighten your mind, please.
Remember: I am not the one who took broad, sweeping attacks at everyone in an entire demograph.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Remember: I am not the one who took broad, sweeping attacks at everyone in an entire demograph.

You just don't get it. I thought you were highly intelligent? But then again, "even idiots, who couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag, claim to be highly intelligent"... As you say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious George

Veteran Member
I've met people who are highly intelligent, and often they place the intelligence of people on a hightened level, as if the value of higher intelligence is what matters more than most other things in regards to people...

Sometimes, they will even admit that they don't like wasting their time speaking to or listening to those they deem less intelligent than them...

Other times, I fear what would happen if the world were filled with highly intelligent people.

...What is your opinion of those who write-off the less intelligent? Is it justifiable in your opinion? Why do they do it..?
Are highly intelligent people inherently cruel? Yes.

What is my opinion of those who write-off the less intelligent? That is a choice they are allowed to make.

Why do they do it? Forthe same reason all people write off someone or other: they believe the benefit outweighs the loss.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Rape is cruel. So is the incarceration that hopefully results for the rapist. Cruelty begets cruelty.
This is odd. It seems that you're arguing in favor of cruelty,
knowing that it begets more cruelty. Is that so?
But it doesn't address my question about how you'd feel if you
were subject to cruelty (intolerance) for your choices & actions.

PureX

Veteran Member
This is odd. It seems that you're arguing in favor of cruelty,
knowing that it begets more cruelty. Is that so?
Life involves cruelty.
But it doesn't address my question about how you'd feel if you
were subject to cruelty (intolerance) for your choices & actions.
Because it's an irrelevant question. I wouldn't perceive someone telling me I'm being willfully ignorant to the point of endangering or harming others, 'cruelty'.