• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are do-gooders pushing women where they don't want to go?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, not so much now.
My daughter and two daughters in law all studied hard and two have degrees (radiography and midwifery) and one is a level 4 engineer waiting to take the level 5 (degree) leap, the latter working through in an apprenticeship.

Where women have the strongest income capacity (here) the men are taking the house-partner roles and having part-time jobs.

But in any case, when folks snatch women's working hours total and use it in some form of gender inequality theme, that's pushing the ladies.

And just you wait, question even the slightest part of any gender movement and the extremists, riding hard on the impetus and momentum of current culture, will be screaming for blood. It's just a modern form of Taboo.....

Anyway, you always wanted to see me gobbled up, so hang around..... :p
By "the trades", I refer to carpenter, electrician, plumber, etc.
We rarely see women in those jobs.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I'm Australian actually.
Cool...... :)

I don't know. Just seems like an inevitable outcome when women are allowed to actually pursue their careers, hence the hike in economy affecting everyone in different ways.
Our economy is in a massive shakedown, mostly because of IT.
Jobs which a lot of women have held are dissipating very quickly. On-Line banking, ATMs, Self-Tills, Retail Staff, Micro-processed telephone exchanges, etc etc...... but they are expanding out into any part of commerce, industry, travel, services, retail, healthcare etc now.
But our government is keen to get more women working longer hours, and our government can be very devious in its methods, so I'm taking the subject matter of the thread title with caution, as you can see.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Which reminds me how some men are looked down upon for being a stay at home dad for a few years

Oh yes.......!
If our countries want to equalise the hours works and pay received by everybody, then our cultures and social circles have got to wake up to occupations such as house-husband etc.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
By "the trades", I refer to carpenter, electrician, plumber, etc.
We rarely see women in those jobs.
True..........
But I did see a woman up a telegraph pole recently. A much better sight than some other telephone engineers around here. :)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Cool...... :)

Our economy is in a massive shakedown, mostly because of IT.
Jobs which a lot of women have held are dissipating very quickly. On-Line banking, ATMs, Self-Tills, Retail Staff, Micro-processed telephone exchanges, etc etc...... but they are expanding out into any part of commerce, industry, travel, services, retail, healthcare etc now.
But our government is keen to get more women working longer hours, and our government can be very devious in its methods, so I'm taking the subject matter of the thread title with caution, as you can see.
Governments will do that. Retirement is being pushed back, though to be fair life expectancy is longer as well. Everyone is being pushed to work longer and there are even courses on how to work smarter these days. I don't know if I'd call this the acts of "do gooders" though. Just a changing society which not everyone will be comfortable with, women or men. But we will have to adapt regardless. That includes a changing job market. Journalism for example now teaches print media, online communication and web design as part of its degrees. In part due to more internet presence in its consumer base.