• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

are Christians correct?

syo

is resurrection correct? is our ego so important that it will be resurrected and live forever?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
is resurrection correct? is our ego so important that it will be resurrected and live forever?

It's true that many interpret scripture that way. It gets to who we really are. And I do agree with your question/statement about the ego not being important in the greater scheme of things. To me, who we really are is far far more than the personal ego.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
is our ego so important that it will be resurrected and live forever?

I think you nailed it there. In defense of people who seek some means or another to believe their egos are immortal, however, it does seem to me quite natural to do so -- that is, the ego seems to have evolved in part to function as a mechanism of self defense. It would be strange if such a mechanism didn't prompt people to at least psychologically avoid death by denying that the ego dies.

syo

It's true that many interpret scripture that way. It gets to who we really are. And I do agree with your question/statement about the ego not being important in the greater scheme of things. To me, who we really are is far far more than the personal ego.
I agree 100%

WalterTrull

Godfella
I think of myself as a Christian, although non-denominational. Many would say I'm not. I've heard an awful lot about resurrection. Not too many theories agree. It seems to me that ego is what separates us. We likely pass when it gets too unwieldy. Try again? Maybe. Mornings are new beginnings, nice.

Earthling

David Henson

Our ego? Important? I don't think the question fits well with the concept of a Biblical resurrection. We aren't resurrected because we think any part of us is important, it's the meek who inherit the earth once the resurrection has come to pass.

Earthling

David Henson
I think of myself as a Christian, although non-denominational. Many would say I'm not. I've heard an awful lot about resurrection. Not too many theories agree. It seems to me that ego is what separates us. We likely pass when it gets too unwieldy. Try again? Maybe. Mornings are new beginnings, nice.

What exactly is Christ saving us from? Our egos?

Reactions: Neb

syo

Is it your understanding that only Christianity posits resurrection?
christians speak about resurrection and I know this for sure. well, what kind of resurrection is debateable. as for other religions I have no clue. perhaps yes?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
christians speak about resurrection and I know this for sure. well, what kind of resurrection is debateable. as for other religions I have no clue. perhaps yes?

In Scripture I find there are two (2) resurrections mentioned:
There are some who have a first or earlier resurrection as per Revelation 20:6
They are chosen by God to govern with Jesus in Heaven - Revelation 5:9-10; 2:10
Those who died before Jesus died can have a healthy physical resurrection back to live life on Earth.
That is why Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit (Not Heaven) but inherit the Earth -Psalms 37:9-11.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What exactly is Christ saving us from? Our egos?
I find Scripture teaches us besides Jesus saving us from our sins and death, that we can be ' saved /delivered / rescued ' alive through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14.
So, Jesus saves at the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Thus, Jesus is saving such people of goodwill from being destroyed forever and with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Enemy death will be No more on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

David T

Premium Member
Funny how the story captures that stupid tendency and denies it as valid at the sametime!! Rather remarkable in that.

David T

Premium Member
I find Scripture teaches us besides Jesus saving us from our sins and death, that we can be ' saved /delivered / rescued ' alive through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14.
So, Jesus saves at the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Thus, Jesus is saving such people of goodwill from being destroyed forever and with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Enemy death will be No more on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah :25:8
Oh a revelations word adder.
What part is not clear here?

Rev 18:19-22
If anyone adds anything to them,B)" style="font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; vertical-align: top;"> God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.C)" style="font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; vertical-align: top;"> 19 And if anyone takes words awayD)" style="font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; vertical-align: top;"> from this scroll of prophecy,E)" style="font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; vertical-align: top;"> God will take away from that person any share in the tree of lifeF)" style="font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; vertical-align: top;"> and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

I have a modern revelations book its called novus libre. Or jungs red vook. Sheeeesh this stuff is so simple its stupid simple.

jung_redbook.png

Please start interpreting this already if you insist on the bible as Fantasy.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I find resurrection is correct. Resurrection as being restored back to life.
That does Not mean as the word ' afterlife ' implies being more alive at death than before death.
Rather, as Acts of the Apostles 24:15 using the ' future tense ' says that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....
For those who will have a physical resurrection back to live life on Earth they can gain everlasting life on Earth as originally offered to Adam before he broke God's Law.

Since under Christ's 1,000-year reign over Earth we will be free from sin's leanings toward wrongdoing, then our ' ego ' will Not be important. As far as Ego - see Philippians 2:3 because it lets us know to do nothing out of contentiousness, or out of egotism, but with humility considering others to be superior to you. - Galatians 5:26.