• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Catholics Christians?

Ranting

And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death Is the catholic church and the Vatican and the pope >> Thyatira<< >> Mystery Babylon?!?! I think so , not by my thoughts but the sword of GodJesus! So as it say they will not be Raptured with the true church {BrideOf Christ } But will have to go through Jacobs Troubles!>> So Catholics are not Christian !

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death Is the catholic church and the Vatican and the pope >> Thyatira<< >> Mystery Babylon?!?! I think so , not by my thoughts but the sword of GodJesus! So as it say they will not be Raptured with the true church {BrideOf Christ } But will have to go through Jacobs Troubles!>> So Catholics are not Christian !
That is really, really stupid and not even biblical. I'm not saying you are stupid, but that argument is just stupid.

Ranting

Why is it stupid?? MMM Not even Biblical>>MMM >> I believe that the church Thyatira in the bible Is the catholic Church!>> The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John. So as I read is future !!! Enjoy

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Yes.

Ranting

Matthew 7:21-23 21"Not everyone who says to me, 'LORD, LORD,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'LORD, LORD, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well considering the Catholic church is the oldest surviving institution in Christianity, it's pretty much a given they are Christians given its foundational history with all modern-day denominations having Catholic roots.

Ranting

I will post a new thread why so many catholic priests and bishops are homosexual!!>> its may open some eyes if you have eyes and ears to hear! and as the sword of GodJesus says and I read The Catholic Church is Mystery Babylon and will be going into Jacobs troubles Less the true Church! Enjoy

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
800px-ChristianityBranches.svg.png

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Are you calling the Catholic Church, the ‘Mystery Babylon’? You mean the Harlot?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Why is it stupid?? MMM Not even Biblical>>MMM >> I believe that the church Thyatira in the bible Is the catholic Church!
The word 'Catholic' means 'Universal' and refers to the extension of the house of faith to gentiles. The church in Thyatira mentioned in Revelation is just one of many catholic churches.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John
Its a quote from Revelation, and somehow this gives the OP a badge to declare who is or isn't Christian?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well considering the Catholic church is the oldest surviving institution in Christianity, it's pretty much a given they are Christians given its foundational history with all modern-day denominations having Catholic roots.

Pretty much. If Catholics aren't Christians, then none of their offshoots could be considered Christian either.

David1967

Premium Member
Being a Christian has to do with the individuals belief concerning Christ. Not the name on the church. I believe that there are Catholic christians, Baptist christians, Mormon Christians, Jehovah's witnesses Christians. Etc. And so on. Its not for me to tell someone who believes in Christ perhaps differently than me that they are not a real Christian. My personal thoughts of course.

Ellen Brown

Who are we to judge others? God is the only Judge. You assume much.