• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Buddhist and Hindu Scriptures Inaccurate?

Muffled

Jesus in me
To state that something is inaccurate without ever studying them is quite the leap of faith, lol.

I believe accuracy is a sliding scale. If one were looking for 100% accuracy the proliferation of translations would seem to mean that none of them are perfectly accurate.

Skywalker

I believe what I am saying is that a path can make sense but it may not take you where you want to go and it may not be good for you.

The Bible says in Proverbs 14:12, "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

Skywalker

How you repeatedly manage to miss the point is beyond me, so I'm done trying.

The term Trinity isn't mentioned in the scriptures but Godhead is. When you read the Bible over and over again, you notice things that you didn't notice before.

Colossians 2:9

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Last edited:

Skywalker

I don't believe in sin. Christ (if he existed) is irrelevant to me.
But you're free to differ, but I hate to be the bringer of the bad news that there happen to be other religions besides Christianity on this planet. Not sure if you knew that.

Christianity is a relationship with God, not a religion. Religion is manmade. It's not about putting God first and having a relationship with God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The term Trinity isn't mentioned in the scriptures but Godhead is. When you read the Bible over and over again, you notice things that you didn't notice before.

Colossians 2:9

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

I believe one needs to examine the word godhead. To me that simply means God's intelligence. Spatially you can't fit infinite space into a body.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Christianity is a relationship with God, not a religion. Religion is manmade. It's not about putting God first and having a relationship with God.

I believe the religious aspects are the commands that Jesus gave us such as "do this in remembrance of Me."

Skywalker

I believe one needs to examine the word godhead. To me that simply means God's intelligence. Spatially you can't fit infinite space into a body.

The Godhead refers to the Trinity. The term Trinity is not mentioned in the Bible but the term Godhead is. THE GODHEAD

Colossians 2:9, “For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”

Skeptics of the Word of God often like to point out that the word “Trinity” is not found in the Scriptures; however, the Word “Godhead” most certainly is. We find the “Godhead” mentioned in Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20, and Colossians 2:9. Colossians 2:9 states it all so well... “For in Him [Christ] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.” Literally, the Godhead came to this earth incarnate in the man Christ Jesus. Jesus was 100% man, and 100% God. Jesus did not give up His deity when He came to the earth. According to Hebrews 5:8, Jesus humbled Himself to the Father in Heaven, even being obedient unto death (the crucifixion). The Doctrine Of God The Father (Dr. Jeff Owens)

Skywalker

In Hinduism there is a concept called soul age. Over many many lifetimes, the soul is emanated from God, and slowly returns to God, as molecule of water would evaporate from the ocean, only to be returned to the ocean. When the soul is young, it's also stupid (from anava). Just as children make mistakes because they're young in a particular lifetime, the young soul makes mistakes. Just this morning I witnessed a young soul cursing about his experience of having a store open at 7:02 instead of 7:00. His poor body had an accelerated heart rate. You could say the guy was mad. He was right in the mood to start a confrontation. I was in the exact same situation and I had no anger whatsoever, totally able to accept that situation. So in terms of soul age, one could say I was an older soul, at that moment.

So what you call sin, I call immaturity of the soul. Does the university professor go about yelling and accusing the child in kindergarten of sinning? I think not.

Again, I don't believe in sin, and Christianity is irrelevant to me. Please stop your preaching. You have the right to differ.

Kids don't understand the concept of sin and are covered by the blood of Christ. Do babies or infants go to heaven or hell when they die? | carm.org

By way of background, we have to remember that everyone is guilty before God because of the sin we inherited from Adam (Rom. 5:12; cf. 1 Cor. 15:21-22). In fact, there is not a single righteous person (Rom. 3:10-11). We have all sinned (Rom. 3:23). Therefore, everyone is guilty before the holy, righteous God no matter how young or how old. Furthermore, belief is a necessary requirement for salvation (John 3:18-19; Acts 16:31).

While the Bible does not explicitly say where young children go when they die in infancy, it seems to imply that they go to heaven.

First, there is no verse in Scripture that states that those unbelievers will go to hell because they were not old enough to believe. Since God is just, it would appear that He would allow these infants to go to heaven.

Second, perhaps the only passage in Scripture that explicitly speaks about where babies go who die in infancy is 2 Samuel 12. In the context of this passage, David committed adultery with Bathsheba. The prophet Nathan boldly confronts David about his adultery and tells him that the child that Bathsheba has conceived will die. As a result of the confrontation, David confesses his sin, puts on sackcloth and ashes, fasts, and mourns the fact that he will lose his child. When David receives news that the child has died, he quits mourning and fasting and changes his clothing. The prophet Nathan comes to David and asks him why he quit mourning the loss of his son.

David replies, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.’ But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me (2 Sam. 12:22-23).” The text seems to imply that the child went to heaven since David says, “I will go to him, but he will not return to me” and elsewhere Scripture indicates that David went to heaven (Ps. 16:10-11; Heb. 11:32-33).

Third, Scripture may allude to an age of accountability in Isaiah 7:15 which speaks of a child who “will eat curds and honey at the time he knows enough to refuse evil and choose good.” If a child dies before this “time,” it would seem that he or she would go to heaven.

It is difficult to be dogmatic about this issue, but we can rest in the fact that God is holy, righteous, and just. Therefore, whatever God chooses to do with infants will be best for them.

Skywalker

IMO, it's far better to start posting such sentences with "I believe...".

The Bible doesn't explicitly say that David's baby went to heaven but it implies there was a good chance. https://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-f006.html

1. In one of the darkest moments of the Psalmist's life, the death of his son, David makes a proclamation which many feel reveals the eternal state of an infant. 2 Sam. 12:23 states,

“But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.”

Was David teaching that he would be reunited with his son in Heaven, or that death was inevitable for all human life? Most biblical scholars believe that the context of this verse indicates that David was probably acknowledging the inevitability of death, and, thus, this verse adds little to our understanding of the eternal state of infants. If one chooses to believe, however, that David was hopeful of spending eternity with his son, we must ask if his hope is an explicit declaration of biblical truth.

Even if David had, in a time of great grief, expressed hope of being with his deceased child, this should not be viewed as a theological promise for the salvation of infants. David, although a man after God's heart, was not infallible, and many of the things he said were not in accord with truth.

For example, read any of David's imprecatory Psalms7, 35, 55, 58, 59, 69, 79, 109, 137, 139. Although the Bible faithfully records David's feeling and his call to God to bring righteous judgment, few would argue that these words represent the consistent promise of God's judgment toward sinners.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Godhead refers to the Trinity. The term Trinity is not mentioned in the Bible but the term Godhead is. THE GODHEAD

I don't believe there is any scripture supporting that definition. In the verse where it is used it is only referring to Jesus directly. One would think godhead has something to do with God and that does represent the Trinity but the addition of head to the word leads to confusion.