• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are babies, "enemies of God" in your faith tradition?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I spoke with a PETA representative who wanted to save kittens. But kittens are carnivores (eat cows). Cows are peaceful herbivores. Doesn't it make more sense to save cows?

I'm trying to recall the last time I saw a kitten eating a cow...

firedragon

Veteran Member

In the above video Stephen Lett (Governing Body member of the Jehovah's Witnesses) claims babies are, "enemies of God".

He immediately clarifies that he loves babies, but it is worth a good laugh seeing the theological clumsiness of one of 8 leaders of approx. 8.7 million people.

Which brings us to the question, are babies enemies of God in your faith tradition?

In my opinion

His words maybe quite offensive sounding, but what he says has been misrepresented as clickbait in my personal opinion. I don't think it's justice. He was obviously referring to the original sin. This guy who comments in the video obviously knows that.

But thanks for sharing. Good to know.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I spoke with a PETA representative who wanted to save kittens. But kittens are carnivores (eat cows). Cows are peaceful herbivores. Doesn't it make more sense to save cows?
Does it have to be a binary choice? (Our cats aren't given beef cat food).

danieldemol

Premium Member
His words maybe quite offensive sounding, but what he says has been misrepresented as clickbait in my personal opinion. I don't think it's justice. He was obviously referring to the original sin. This guy who comments in the video obviously knows that.

That's explained in the clip, nonetheless it is clear that the deduction he makes from original sin doctrine is that babies are "enemies of God", and I dont think most people who believe in original sin doctrine would support his deduction or conclusion.

In my opinion.

firedragon

Veteran Member
That's explained in the clip, nonetheless it is clear that the deduction he makes from original sin doctrine is that babies are "enemies of God",

He is using it as a preaching technique to try and get people to understand this is very important. It's a fishing technique. But the video is clickbait in my personal opinion.

and I dont think most people who believe in original sin doctrine would support his deduction or conclusion.

People may not like the language.

But for curiosities sake, according to you, is that deduction wrong logically? How so?

danieldemol

Premium Member
But for curiosities sake, according to you, is that deduction wrong logically? How so?
Without him laying out his premises i wouldn't know if it is sound, but I suspect that even if the logic is sound the premises are wrong to begin with.

Thus the conclusion appears at best invalid if sound, but maybe non-sequitur.

I dont know because he hasn't laid out his premises.

In my opinion.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
We are born sinners... that's a basic belief in Christianity.
But many traditions believe there's an age of innocence when a child isn't yet capable of understanding thier sinful nature, so they aren't responsible for repenting.
I really think the guy in the video is just referring to the sinful nature and is taken out of context.
But no, I don't believe babies are capable of being enemies of God in a literal sense. Jesus seems to indicate the same when he tells us to become like children, that is, to return to a state of innocence.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Without him laying out his premises i wouldn't know if it is sound, but I suspect that even if the logic is sound the premises are wrong to begin with.

Thus the conclusion appears at best invalid if sound, but maybe non-sequitur.

I dont know because he hasn't laid out his premises.

In my opinion.

Alright. Cheers.

wellwisher

Since this is about original sin, then this comment would imply that original sin is genetic based. It would be innate within human babies, but does not begin to express itself, until babies become children, who are required to buy into adult laws and knowledge of good and evil; eat of that symbolic tree, based on adult induced education. This is analogous to the stages of life, that are innate at birth but unfold as we age, based on our human DNA.

Babies and small children are natural and spontaneous. Adults give them slack and allow them to get way with being a free spirit, since they are harmless and can be delightful. But at about the time of starting school, they begin to acquire insecurities; childhood good and evil, which takes way the inner child of the baby; social herd animal.

In Genesis, after Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they suddenly realized they were naked and try to cover up. The baby and the small child do not understand any shame for walking around naked. They get their diaper changed in public and enjoy the freedom without one.

The shame of naked is learned as an older child and this begins to influence them along with a range of adult taught social needs and insecurities. This bible example seems to confirm the theory of a generic transition from the innocence of the baby. Good and evil is acquired knowledge. The ancients were quite smart and noticed the metamorphic change from innocence to original sin, that was innate in all children at birth, but becomes expressed though cultural eduction.

If you are fortunate to have a child who is still natural and about to start school, watch for the change. It has to do with education being 2-D; good and evil. This induces a shift in the ego from the creative right brain of the baby, to the differential left brain of the adult. This causes the ego to develop in a more willful cultural way. To become as children again, is about a migration back to right brain, where its 3-D nature begins to integrate us, instead of differentiate and divide us. Unless we become children again; right brain, we cannot enter the kingdom of nature and God; paradise.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Since this is about original sin, then this comment would imply that original sin is genetic based. It would be innate within human babies, but does not begin to express itself, until babies become children, who are required to buy into adult laws and knowledge of good and evil; eat of that symbolic tree, based on adult induced education. This is analogous to the stages of life, that are innate at birth but unfold as we age, based on our human DNA.

Babies and small children are natural and spontaneous. Adults give them slack and allow them to get way with being a free spirit, since they are harmless and can be delightful. But at about the time of starting school, they begin to acquire insecurities; childhood good and evil, which takes way the inner child of the baby; social herd animal.

In Genesis, after Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they suddenly realized they were naked and try to cover up. The baby and the small child do not understand any shame for walking around naked. They get their diaper changed in public and enjoy the freedom without one.

The shame of naked is learned as an older child and this begins to influence them along with a range of adult taught social needs and insecurities. This bible example seems to confirm the theory of a generic transition from the innocence of the baby. Good and evil is acquired knowledge. The ancients were quite smart and noticed the metamorphic change from innocence to original sin, that was innate in all children at birth, but becomes expressed though cultural eduction.

If you are fortunate to have a child who is still natural and about to start school, watch for the change. It has to do with education being 2-D; good and evil. This induces a shift in the ego from the creative right brain of the baby, to the differential left brain of the adult. This causes the ego to develop in a more willful cultural way. To become as children again, is about a migration back to right brain, where its 3-D nature begins to integrate us, instead of differentiate and divide us. Unless we become children again; right brain, we cannot enter the kingdom of nature and God; paradise.

Thanks for the explanation wellwisher but it's not relevant to me. I don't adhere to the doctrine. I am against it.

I was only speaking about this preacher in the video.

Peace.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I've seen telltale break down both Greg Locke and Jehovah's witnesses who both were saying babies were enemies of God and stuff

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

In the above video Stephen Lett (Governing Body member of the Jehovah's Witnesses) claims babies are, "enemies of God".

He immediately clarifies that he loves babies, but it is worth a good laugh seeing the theological clumsiness of one of 8 leaders of approx. 8.7 million people.

Which brings us to the question, are babies enemies of God in your faith tradition?

In my opinion
No, in our faith we don't kill our babies as they are the blessings of God for us. If we thought they were enemies of God, we would support abortion.

Which brings another question, do we think that babies are our enemies to our prosperity, comfort and convenience that we eliminate them?

Brian2

Veteran Member
This is another Christian belief I never really could wrap my head around, and no member of the clergy could offer a logical explanation as to why. Can any Christians here explain to me how a newborn baby is a "sinner?"

A new born baby is not a sinner but grows into a sinner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so I guess that means that the potential to do evil is there from the start, just as in Adam and Eve.
Is it nature or nurture.
For Adam and Eve it was not nurture but they could have refused to do evil, but for us, and everyone since Adam and Eve I would say that nurture is part of the problem. And of course Adam and Eve only had one thing they were told not to do and could not handle it, they were not ready to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. We now have a knowledge of good and evil and so get bombarded all the time with things that are potentially good to do or wrong to do. How is it possible for us to do good all the time?

74x12

In my opinion
At least he doesn't support killing them like abortionists do.