• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are babies atheist?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I've said this earlier in the thread but arguing that babies are atheist is as silly as arguing that sandwiches are atheist. Not because both don't fall under the term as used 'implicit atheism,' it does, but because the motive for the argument is disingenuous. As a tally argument it's a childish argument from popularity (if you could even call it that. Really it's about as impactful as saying there are more not-fans of the Beatles because insects aren't Beatles fans.) I'm not an atheist for the same reason babies and bathtubs are. I don't laud atheism that is simply as a result of lack of conceptual thinking. My atheism is as different from babies and bullfrogs as it is different to theism. And I don't make a naturalistic fallacy which claims atheism is more natural than theism because it ignores that theism arises just as naturally as atheism (albeit for reasons I don't agree with.)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Not apathy, no. Can you explain where you even got that from?

It is, however, a semantical argument about who is technically included under atheism by definition.
You seem to have a compulsive need to change the meaning of the term "atheism" to better suit your beliefs.

God doesn't care if babies are technically atheists or not. I don't care whether babies are technically atheists. They are merely included in the definition of the term "atheism".

there you go

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I don't laud atheism that is simply as a result of lack of conceptual thinking. My atheism is as different from babies and bullfrogs as it is different to theism.
In what way is it different?

I don't know about you, but my position on the vast majority of humanity's gods is the same as that of a baby: utter ignorance.

Yes, I reject some gods, but even most theists do that.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
there are two levels of ignorance

they who are not informed are ignorant
they who choose to ignore are profoundly ignorant....and without cure