• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are African Immigrants a Problem in Australia?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Living in the states the only thing I can rely on are reports from different sources of news for my window to that part of the world since I don't know anyone personally that lives there to give first hand accounts of what is really going on. This article sounds very similar to what has been happening in some countries in Europe for quite a while as far as the denials by authorities as to the truth of the matter but the problem in certain countries seems to be self destructive PC logic gone insane.
.African gangs in Melbourne are a problem, police admit, as Victorian Government defends strategy - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
According to that very article, Australian born people are a much higher problem to personal safety in that state. Then again, Melbourne does have a bit of a rep for being even more rambunctious than the rest of us.
I'm going to assume there's more to it than "immigrants equals bad."
The authorities are always a bit useless though.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The article seems to suggest that African immigrants are committing crimes at a disproportionately higher rate than native born Australians.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Living in the states the only thing I can rely on are reports from different sources of news for my window to that part of the world since I don't know anyone personally that lives there to give first hand accounts of what is really going on. This article sounds very similar to what has been happening in some countries in Europe for quite a while as far as the denials by authorities as to the truth of the matter but the problem in certain countries seems to be self destructive PC logic gone insane.
.African gangs in Melbourne are a problem, police admit, as Victorian Government defends strategy - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
There are plenty of African people living in Sydney, and I haven’t heard of any particular problems with them here.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I read in the Australian news that Irish and English immigrants commit crimes at higher rates than the African immigrants.

Curious George

Veteran Member
...similar to what has been happening in some countries in Europe for quite a while as far as the denials by authorities as to the truth of the matter...

So the people who have the information about crime rates, the authorities, are lying about those crime rates--and they are doing it because of those evil PC people. What information do you have that is indicative of this?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmmm...I missed this one, and I'm Melbourne born and bred.
My take, sure, some African immigrants are problems. This can happen when you get dispossessed foreign people, exarcerbated when they have come violent situations, and further by not having language skills on arrival. Australians are not used to/great at dealing with non-primary language speakers if I compared us to Europe, for example.

Aussie newspapers are pretty agenda driven, though. Don't forget where Rubert Murdoch comes from.

The nature of the crimes also makes it stand out to some degree, with a large proportion of the criminals being underage. Basically, we have one well known African gang here, their activities has moved on from targeting other African gangs to being more expansive to the general community, and it's getting more than it's share of notice.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
So the people who have the information about crime rates, the authorities, are lying about those crime rates--and they are doing it because of those evil PC people. What information do you have that is indicative of this?

According to the article in the OP they were and then admitted it was a problem because they had to.
Here are a couple of examples of PC logic gone insane:

Woman 'gang-raped in refugee camp ordered to stay SILENT by activists' | World | News | Express.co.uk

Germany's Migrant Rape Crisis Spirals out of Control
From the article:
"On July 3, a 24-year-old woman raped by three migrants in Mannheim in January admitted that she lied about the identity of the rapists. Selin Gören, a Turkish-German woman, initially said that her attackers were German nationals, when in fact they were Muslim migrants.
In an interview with Der Spiegel, Gören, the spokeswoman of Germany's left-wing youth movement, Solid, said she lied because she was afraid of fueling racism against migrants. She also posted a letter on Facebook to a fictional refugee:

"I am really sorry that your sexist and line-crossing treatment of me could help fuel aggressive racism. I am going to scream... I will not stand by and watch, and it can happen that racists and concerned citizens name you as the problem. You are not the problem. You are usually a wonderful human being who deserves as much as any other to be safe and free."

Curious George

Veteran Member
According to the article in the OP they were and then admitted it was a problem because they had to.
Here are a couple of examples of PC logic gone insane:

Woman 'gang-raped in refugee camp ordered to stay SILENT by activists' | World | News | Express.co.uk

Germany's Migrant Rape Crisis Spirals out of Control
From the article:
"On July 3, a 24-year-old woman raped by three migrants in Mannheim in January admitted that she lied about the identity of the rapists. Selin Gören, a Turkish-German woman, initially said that her attackers were German nationals, when in fact they were Muslim migrants.
In an interview with Der Spiegel, Gören, the spokeswoman of Germany's left-wing youth movement, Solid, said she lied because she was afraid of fueling racism against migrants. She also posted a letter on Facebook to a fictional refugee:

"I am really sorry that your sexist and line-crossing treatment of me could help fuel aggressive racism. I am going to scream... I will not stand by and watch, and it can happen that racists and concerned citizens name you as the problem. You are not the problem. You are usually a wonderful human being who deserves as much as any other to be safe and free."
So you do not have information of authorities lying because of PC peoples. You have one instance where peers and potentially supervisors pressured a woman to stay silent and another where the woman chose to stay silent out of fear of what the anti PC peoples would do.

Both of these cases show something awful, but it is not authorities lying.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hmmm...I missed this one, and I'm Melbourne born and bred.
My take, sure, some African immigrants are problems. This can happen when you get dispossessed foreign people, exarcerbated when they have come violent situations, and further by not having language skills on arrival. Australians are not used to/great at dealing with non-primary language speakers if I compared us to Europe, for example.

Aussie newspapers are pretty agenda driven, though. Don't forget where Rubert Murdoch comes from.

The nature of the crimes also makes it stand out to some degree, with a large proportion of the criminals being underage. Basically, we have one well known African gang here, their activities has moved on from targeting other African gangs to being more expansive to the general community, and it's getting more than it's share of notice.
Aren't all you white folk there descended from
criminals given the boot from Great Britain?
Not just British....but the worst of the British!

Stanyon

WWMRD?
So you do not have information of authorities lying because of PC peoples. You have one instance where peers and potentially supervisors pressured a woman to stay silent and another where the woman chose to stay silent out of fear of what the anti PC peoples would do.
Both of these cases show something awful, but it is not authorities lying.

Denials by authorities I.E. politicians and police and under reporting or ignoring fact pretty much falls into the category of being disingenuine (lying by omission to serve an agenda ) of course what I posted is but a few instances but I am not going to spam this board with numerous links to news articles as there are many many more to see. I fully encourage you or anyone else interested to research this more in depth if interested because you will reap more benefit by finding and assessing it for yourself.
Now a funny story about confirmation bias: I went out this morning to start my car wearing a t-shirt and I saw my breath, my nostrils got that freezing sense when I breathed in and when the wind blew it felt like it cut right through you "damn it's cold" I thought to myself, when I went inside I looked at the thermometre and it said 5 degrees.... bias confirmed! sometimes it's just is what it is.

From the C.I.A. factbook:
:The World Factbook — Central Intelligence Agency
English 25.9%, Australian 25.4%, Irish 7.5%, Scottish 6.4%, Italian 3.3%, German 3.2%, Chinese 3.1%, Indian 1.4%, Greek 1.4%, Dutch 1.2%, other 15.8% (includes Australian aboriginal .5%), unspecified 5.4%
note: data represent self-identified ancestry, over a third of respondents reported two ancestries (2011 est.)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Well, depends. If you're trying to have a laugh, then sure. We're the worst of them, sent to a desert, and now they spend their cash coming here on holidays and saying 'Ooooh, I like whatcha done with the place, innitt?', or some such.

In truth, we're much more diverse. My background is partly Brit, and I'm only 3rd gen Aussie. Harder to assimilate (even if you want to) when you're a black African. We had an influx of Vietnamese refugees post war in the 70s and 80s, and there was similar trouble to this.

That passed and I guess this will too. If you're white and speak English it becomes much easier. Two of my best mates are American and Swedish, and both found it very easy to assimilate where they wanted to, and not suffer as much of the broad brush stereotyping I suspect African youth are right now.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Living in the states the only thing I can rely on are reports from different sources of news for my window to that part of the world since I don't know anyone personally that lives there to give first hand accounts of what is really going on.

So one article is sufficient to start a thread? You made the same comment about trumps "sh*******" comment, so now because you don't know African migrants in Australia.

5bf.jpg
How about asking the aboriginals what they think about the former British colonizers...wait..they're dead, perhaps we can ask their descendants what the aboriginals think about them.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
So one article is sufficient to start a thread? You made the same comment about trumps "sh*******" comment, so now because you don't know African migrants in Australia.

5bf.jpg
How about asking the aboriginals what they think about the former British colonizers...wait..they're dead, perhaps we can ask their descendants what the aboriginals think about them.
your post shows why mass immigration of people with very different values can have very deleterious effects on a nation and it's peoples. The same thing happened to the Native Americans and we all know the racist, misogynistic tribalists who had their own versions of Lebensraum and were typically at war with each other much of the time, I imagine it was much the same with the Aboriginies. The fact is that they were conquered by a larger, stronger, and more advanced tribe, the Europeans. Learning the lessons of history, would it not be wise to take steps to not allow brutal tribes to infiltrate and destroy ones nation?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Denials by authorities I.E. politicians and police and under reporting or ignoring fact pretty much falls into the category of being disingenuine (lying by omission to serve an agenda ) of course what I posted is but a few instances but I am not going to spam this board with numerous links to news articles as there are many many more to see. I fully encourage you or anyone else interested to research this more in depth if interested because you will reap more benefit by finding and assessing it for yourself.
Now a funny story about confirmation bias: I went out this morning to start my car wearing a t-shirt and I saw my breath, my nostrils got that freezing sense when I breathed in and when the wind blew it felt like it cut right through you "damn it's cold" I thought to myself, when I went inside I looked at the thermometre and it said 5 degrees.... bias confirmed! sometimes it's just is what it is.

From the C.I.A. factbook:
:The World Factbook — Central Intelligence Agency
English 25.9%, Australian 25.4%, Irish 7.5%, Scottish 6.4%, Italian 3.3%, German 3.2%, Chinese 3.1%, Indian 1.4%, Greek 1.4%, Dutch 1.2%, other 15.8% (includes Australian aboriginal .5%), unspecified 5.4%
note: data represent self-identified ancestry, over a third of respondents reported two ancestries (2011 est.)
Again, I am just looking for information that the authorities lied, not instances of people who are not police or government lying.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
The article seems to suggest that African immigrants are committing crimes at a disproportionately higher rate than native born Australians.
It also suggests that people living there are statstically more likely to be victimised by crimes committed by Australian born peeps than those living in actual African countries (like Sudan etc.)
I don't know if it's a threat so much as hoodlooms reacting to social factors negatively at a higher rate for a host of nuanced reasons.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
your post shows why mass immigration of people with very different values can have very deleterious effects on a nation and it's peoples. The same thing happened to the Native Americans and we all know the racist, misogynistic tribalists who had their own versions of Lebensraum and were typically at war with each other much of the time, I imagine it was much the same with the Aboriginies. The fact is that they were conquered by a larger, stronger, and more advanced tribe, the Europeans. Learning the lessons of history, would it not be wise to take steps to not allow brutal tribes to infiltrate and destroy ones nation?

Here you are with your high IQ answering questions you should already know.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
@Stanyon you need to ask why opiates/meth are being abused more and more by the Caucasian-American community and why criminality from that epidemic is increasing.....