• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Archbishop's extraordinary letter to Trump

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
What an extraordinary letter, could he be right, Trump is a leader of the forces of light?

Mr. President,
In recent months we have been witnessing the formation of two
opposing sides that I would call Biblical: the children of light and the children
of darkness. The children of light constitute the most conspicuous part of
humanity, while the children of darkness represent an absolute minority. And
yet the former are the object of a sort of discrimination which places them in a
situation of moral inferiority with respect to their adversaries, who often hold
strategic positions in government, in politics, in the economy and in the media.
In an apparently inexplicable way, the good are held hostage by the wicked and
by those who help them either out of self-interest or fearfulness.

read on...

What an extraordinary letter, could he be right, Trump is a leader of the forces of light?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lifesite/Open_Letter_President_Donald_Trump.pdf

Carlo Maria Viganò Titular Archbishop of Ulpiana Former Apostolic Nuncio to the United States of America

Carlo Maria Viganò - Wikipedia

danieldemol

Premium Member

Mr. President,
opposing sides that I would call Biblical: the children of light and the children
yet the former are the object of a sort of discrimination which places them in a
situation of moral inferiority with respect to their adversaries, who often hold
strategic positions in government, in politics, in the economy and in the media.

read on...

Carlo Maria Viganò Titular Archbishop of Ulpiana Former Apostolic Nuncio to the United States of America

Be honest, does this belong in political debates?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
^ Last time I checked, Catholic Archbishops were considered Christian and their opinions on end times prophecy were relevant to religious discussion. But by all means you are free to start a political thread on it...

exchemist

Veteran Member
^ Last time I checked, Catholic Archbishops were considered Christian and their opinions on end times prophecy were relevant to religious discussion. But by all means you are free to start a political thread on it...
But he isn't a current archbishop of the church. He retired in 2016. So these are just the personal (somewhat batty) views of a near-octogenarian ex-bishop.

He's going nuts by the look of it. See the comments in the parallel thread you started on this in Religious News:
Archbishop's extraordinary letter to Trump

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Ok, it appears you don't like the Archbishop or his message much, and that is fine, all is well brother.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Ok, it appears you don't like the Archbishop or his message much, and that is fine, all is well brother.
Correct, I don't.

And nor will most people and, more importantly for the readership of this forum, most Catholics. The notion of Trump, the great liar, philanderer and narcissist, who has devoted his presidency to dividing the country and doing his best to make one half hate the other, as a leader of the forces of light is beyond ridicule. In fact, he seems not far from an incarnation of the Devil.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Bell curve has nothing to do with it, losers lose, winners win, get over it, the goodies ALWAYS best the baddies at the end. :p

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Mr. President,

read on...

I tend to shy away from people who divide things into black and white, good and evil. Life is mostly grey. It's not like it never happens. I mean, I can think of WW2, when evil was fairly numinous. But that is an exception to the rule. Usually when people talk like this, they are blowing smoke.

Trump is not good or evil. He is just an immature, narcissistic, not to bright person that does a lot of damage because of these traits. Hopefully, hopefully, he will be gone come next year.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I tend to shy away from people who divide things into black and white, good and evil. Life is mostly grey. It's not like it never happens. I mean, I can think of WW2, when evil was fairly numinous. But that is an exception to the rule. Usually when people talk like this, they are blowing smoke.

Trump is not good or evil. He is just an immature, narcissistic, not to bright person that does a lot of damage because of these traits. Hopefully, hopefully, he will be gone come next year.
Being a Christian theologian, Archbishop Vigano is quite familiar with the end times prophecy of the Book of Revelation where it describes a spiritual war between light and dark forces that ends in the physical war known as Armageddon, and I believe that is where he is coming from. Iow, he believes God is enacting judgement on the world. If he is correct, then this is just the beginning of events that leads to a global conflagration.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Being a Christian theologian, Archbishop Vigano is quite familiar with the end times prophecy of the Book of Revelation where it describes a spiritual war between light and dark forces that ends in the physical war known as Armageddon, and I believe that is where he is coming from. Iow, he believes God is enacting judgement on the world. If he is correct, then this is just the beginning of events that leads to a global conflagration.
I don't believe we are in end times. Actually I think things have improved a lot since the last century. Think: WW1, WW2, holocaust, atom bomb... Yeah, definitely better.