• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AR Woman Nearly Killed By Cop For Obeying Law

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Stopped for speeding, she followed exactly the Arkansas
Driver License Study Guide, yet the cop decided to use
the PIT maneuver to cause her to crash.
Government supports the cop, & approved of his actions.
Be careful out there....bad cops are the majority.

Suave

Simulated character
Stopped for speeding, she followed exactly the Arkansas
Driver License Study Guide, yet the cop decided to use
the PIT maneuver to cause her to crash.
Government supports the cop, & approved of his actions.
Be careful out there....bad cops are the majority.

The following advice might be useful on how to avoid losing control of your vehicle from a pit maneuver attempt:

"Steer away from the corner of your car he is contacting and accelerate.

A pit maneuver essentially shoves the back of a car into a skid.

Accelerating makes the maneuver more difficult because you are taking away some of the push. Of course your vehicle needs the power to be able do this part. If not, a well executed pit will spin you out.

Steering into the skid in the direction your rear is going stops the car’s rear from moving ahead and swapping ends.

Once the contact is broken, the car will start to correct and the rear will swing back in the opposite direction. At this point you need to quickly steer back in the direction the rear is now swinging.

Staying on the gas and steering in the direction the rear is swinging acts to dampen the fishtail. You might have to do this several times to get the car back on course. Whether your vehicle is front wheel drive, rear wheel drive or all wheel drive made some difference in how the car reacts. Rear wheel drive vehicles, particularly trucks which are light in the rear are a bit more tricky. Letting off the gas slightly as the rear swings helps, but too much will cause the rear end to be even lighter. It’s a pretty delicate play of steering and the right amount of gas pedal. Practice helps.

For someone who has practiced skidding a car around in a slick parking lot or driven on slick country roads, this becomes automatic which is what you really need to recover from a pit maneuver.

Personally, I think skid pad training should be mandatory for all drivers before they can get a drivers license. It would save a lot of lives.

https://www.quora.com/If-someone-is...on-your-car-what-s-the-best-way-to-counter-it

Bonus - Here is a video of the police trying to pit a guy who recovers like a boss, three times."

A Vestigial Mote

Just terrible. You can even hear the cop trying to be somewhat patronizing while also steering her opinions toward the idea that what he did was justified... trying to cover his arse, in other words, because upon seeing who he had just flipped over, he knew he had gone completely overboard. What a doofus.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Is a grappler fire resistant? Would some sort of flame thrower like anti-grappler device work to disengage by torching the grappler hold on my vehicle's wheel?

That (the car flame thrower) would be illegal in most, if not all, American jurisdictions.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The youtuber claims his XM42 lite flame thrower to be legal in 48 states, save for our beloved Californians and Marylanders.

Ownership is one thing.
But wielding it from a vehicle....prison time.
Let's hope that cops don't start using flame throwers.
I wouldn't want to be incinerated for going 5 over the PSL.

Suave

Simulated character
Ownership is one thing.
But wielding it from a vehicle....prison time.
Let's hope that cops don't start using flame throwers.
I wouldn't want to be incinerated for going 5 over the PSL.
So then, there's nothing else I could do to stop from being grappled by rogue cops. Oh well, I'd just have to let crooked cops have their way with me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So then, there's nothing else I could do to stop from being grappled by rogue cops. Oh well, I'd just have to let crooked cops have their way with me.

If they're going to detain someone, this looks much
safer than the PIT stop. But I speculate that this
device won't see wide acceptance. Safety of
civilians just isn't worth the cost.

Suave

Simulated character
Not at a monster truck rally!
I'm curious to know if the grappler could hold on to the wheel of a vehicle with a 30 foot flamethrower exhaust. :D

f52cc9dcfa298c6bd69079d2c132c5a8.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm curious to know if the grappler could hold on to the wheel of a vehicle with a 30 foot flamethrower exhaust. :D

f52cc9dcfa298c6bd69079d2c132c5a8.jpg
Another approach would be to use a ship's horn.
I brought one to a museum a couple years ago.
We played with it using just compressed air.
It would rattle internal organs without causing
anything to burst into flame. Loudest thing I
ever heard.
It was considerably larger than this one.
(I needed my forklift to load & unload it.)

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The youtuber claims his XM42 lite flame thrower to be legal in 48 states, save for our beloved Californians and Marylanders.

That is not going to be road legal.
With that said, I also am confident saying I know these grappling devices must be banned due to a severely heightened risk of a severe crash.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I ran across some possibly useful advice....
10 Reasons Why You Should Never Call the Police

If you do call them, be very careful around them.
And record the interaction.
You can't trust them. They often reescalate things, they are often trained we are all potential threats, intimidation is something they are often into, they often expect total obedience, and they often don't even actually know the law. If you're mentally ill, don't call them. If you're a black man, don't call them. If you live on a Native reserve, they already aren't calling them unless it's tribal police. If you're a woman of any color don't call them. If you're trans don't call them. If you're a white male you still can't trust them so you may not want to call them either. Basically, to sum things up, don't trust the police. They do not, afterall, trust you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You can't trust them. They often reescalate things, they are often trained we are all potential threats, intimidation is something they are often into, they often expect total obedience, and they often don't even actually know the law. If you're mentally ill, don't call them. If you're a black man, don't call them. If you live on a Native reserve, they already aren't calling them unless it's tribal police. If you're a woman of any color don't call them. If you're trans don't call them. If you're a white male you still can't trust them so you may not want to call them either. Basically, to sum things up, don't trust the police. They do not, afterall, trust you.
Recording them tends to make them behave better.