• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apple Iphone apps

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
For years and years I got a Nokia mobile phone. Started with the 5110. And became fanboy.

Well, you really have to *insert inappropriate word* it up real bad if a fanboy flips over to an "opponent".
Well, Nokia did and I flipped over to my rival; Apple. (also microsoftfanboy, so OUCH!!)
So now I am a iphone-owner now, together with 50% of the people I personally know :facepalm:

I was always a hardwaremaniak, making sure that my mobile phone is a highend model. The iphone is not! (well, definatelly not the best) Apple is not particularly proud of their hardware and actually never was. Their focus is on style, simplicity and community. And it appears that this is actually what a mobile device needs, rather than perfect hardware what you'd rather have in a full computer.

There were suddenly many functions missing on my phone compared to my already older Nokia. And this is where the appstore jumped in. A few hours later and I couldn't find one more function that I used to have and lost with my iphone. I don't need a highend OS (In where symbian is failing big time latelly), with many functions, I need a moneydiggin appstore filled with additions.
This turned my phone into a real portable computer. I hardly even call anymore. :p

So this thread will be me telling about the apps I think are great!

Last edited:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Connectivity

I noticed quite some apps related to connectivity. As your mobile phone is specially there for you to connect, this is where I start. Because I am impressed so far.

Dropbox (Free)
Dropbox is a small app that lets you transfer data from your pc to your mobile device (Or to other pc's)
So far I tried this with pictures and it is working great. At my home I can drop them in my box (that has 2 Gb available for the free account) and anywhere in the world I can have acces to my files using dropbox.
Works great on both WIFI and 3G. This is just tranfser, so do not expect to stream music that way.
A server needs to run on your PC for this and you need to create a free account at dropbox (Money gives you more storage)

Audiogalaxy (Free)
Some people might remember the name. Audiogalaxy used to be a P2P application to get (mostly illigal) music from back in the days when everybody noticed Kazaa was failing on us (..Ehr, them).
They were shut down and now returned with a different kind of service. Audiogalaxy is an app to stream your music with from your pc. It works like a normal player and is actually pretty fast. I had about 1 to 2 seconds buffering between songs, but that's it. That was on 3G! And 1 to 2 seconds is almost the same as on standaard cd's so..
Again, a server runs on your PC and an account is needed.

AirVideo (€2,39)
Airvideo does that with movies what Audiogalaxy does with music. I noticed no lag so far in the WIFI network but haven't really checkeed this on 3G. Stay tuned for more information.

Last edited:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
LogMeIn (€23.99)
Now this is one of my most expensive apps and to be honest, when I bought this one I didn't even know what I would be doing with it. I was merelly surfing the internet to find out what was the best connectivityapp for the iphone and this name popped up the most.
Now I already knew all about LogMeIn because of the PC and to have its powers on a phone just sounded like heaven to me. And I still didn't know what to do with it.
Let me start with explaining what the program does. It connects through internet (Either WIFI or 3G, both work) to your computer and takes over the system. You are using your iphone, but you are surfing your computer. This means that you can be at your work and still be on your PC at the same time.

In the mean while I discovered a few handy things I can do with it and I expect to find many more. Specially the combination with dropbox is nice. I can acces my pc, drop files in the dropbox and take them out everywhere I want (Or mail them if you do not have dropbox)
That way I always carry all my files with me. Instead of a storage of 16Gb, I have more than 2TB!

When on WIFI it works perfectly even though I have a 1920x1200 resolution. On 3G the app automatically (Or manually) lowers the amount of colors (Or resolution if you prefer)

Last edited:

Kreditor

LogMeIn is a good one! But there is one problem, my friend from woxapp.com analyzed it and they found some security issues inside. Like the app is sending some data to the app owners, or something like that.. so I decided not to use it. Be careful...