• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently Trump is Now a Traitor to Fascists

Wandering Monk

I'n online havens for MAGA extremists, including Gab, CloutHub, MeWe, Telegram and far-right message boards such as 8kun, the tone toward Trump is shifting. HuffPost reviewed thousands of messages across these platforms and found that a growing minority of the president’s once-devout backers are now denouncing him and rejecting his recent pleas for peace. Some have called for his arrest or execution, labeling him a “traitor” and a “coward.” Alarmingly, many of those who are irate about Biden’s supposed electoral theft are still plotting to forcibly prevent him from taking office — with or without Trump’s help.

“We don’t follow you,” another Telegram user wrote, addressing Trump, after the president put out his video urging calm and order. “Be quiet and get out of our way.”

HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Trump has shown over and over again that he will throw anyone under the bus, including his staunchest supporters, if they no longer feed his ego. As Michael Cohen testified, he has done prison time for doing Trump's bidding while the latter is Scott free [no pun intended-- OK, maybe a wee bit of one:)].

And yet 74 million voted for this train wreck, so they deserve much of the blame as there were ample warning signs of just how messed up he was and is. We've gone through tragedies before, but this one was 100% self-inflicted.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Love them or hate them, the seditionists embrace a cause bigger than themselves. That they should evolve and evince hatred toward someone exactly the opposite should surprise no one save, perhaps, for the wretched complicit.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I'n online havens for MAGA extremists, including Gab, CloutHub, MeWe, Telegram and far-right message boards such as 8kun, the tone toward Trump is shifting. HuffPost reviewed thousands of messages across these platforms and found that a growing minority of the president’s once-devout backers are now denouncing him and rejecting his recent pleas for peace. Some have called for his arrest or execution, labeling him a “traitor” and a “coward.” Alarmingly, many of those who are irate about Biden’s supposed electoral theft are still plotting to forcibly prevent him from taking office — with or without Trump’s help.

“We don’t follow you,” another Telegram user wrote, addressing Trump, after the president put out his video urging calm and order. “Be quiet and get out of our way.”

That's actually true. They don't follow him, and the love for him has always been conditional based upon what policies he supports. I've tried pointing that out, but people can't seem to accept that presidents aren't always elected based upon their morals and personalities. People don't operate in full honesty. They hide their cards. You can't just assume that because the newspeople claim Trump is a cult leader that its true. He's supported for various reasons in spite of his problems. He's pro-life, pro-this, pro-that, anti-this, anti-that. His connections to racists are played down and not viewed as significant. His twitter blasts are ignored. Its not because he's a beloved cult leader. Its practical.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

You know, they got *something* right, although for completely the wrong reasons.

Trump should be arrested and he *is* a traitor. But, so are those who complain that he sold out.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sew the wind, reap a whirlwind. I just came up with that this morning to express the almost brand new reality only recently revealed to humanity that it's dang stupid to gin up people for fear, hatred, and violence without anticipating you might someday become their target.

Robespierre's pleasant last moments during the French Revolution not withstanding, this is pretty close to being a wholly new thing and has almost never before been seen in human history.

Even a very stable genius like Donald Trump could not possibly have seen it coming.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
In my local dialect of Arabic, we have a saying that goes, "Play with children and you get the middle finger."

Trump leveraged his presidency in large part by appealing to fascists and catering to their prejudice. Now his affiliation with such an impulsive, emotionally driven group is coming back to bite him. I can't say I'm sad for him.