• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

apophenia

apophenia

There are more neural connections in one cubic centimetre of your brain than there are stars in our galaxy.

apophenia

Where did you learn that?

A documentary about neuroplasticity. ( "Redesign My Brain with Todd Sampson"). Just to be clear, it is the number of connections, not the number of neurones.

I have also read that the number of possible connections (as opposed to actual connections) in the human brain exceeds the number of atomic nucleii in the known universe. I cannot verify that, or provide a reference :rolleyes:

apophenia

1374945_665378800152625_335048147_n.jpg

apophenia

I should so start one of these kinds of threads myself - maybe when I am a bit more 'established' here. You really got me with that Gary Numan video though.

Yeah, Gary Numan ! Telekon was catharsis-therapy for me bigtime about 30 years ago. He is a great poet.

Established ? ROFLMAO ! We both know you know better than that.:cool:

I would love to see what you throw into a NYK thread. You don't need a plan ... you don't need credentials ... and you can't ever be told that you are derailing a thread which is a repository for your random, or deliberate, musings and inspirations.

I love bjork btw.

I look back over this thread and realise that some days are way more intense than others ... I've gone a bit tame lately. Just giving my liver a little rest :D

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Yeah, Gary Numan ! Telekon was catharsis-therapy for me bigtime about 30 years ago. He is a great poet.

Established ? ROFLMAO ! We both know you know better than that.:cool:

I would love to see what you throw into a NYK thread. You don't need a plan ... you don't need credentials ... and you can't ever be told that you are derailing a thread which is a repository for your random, or deliberate, musings and inspirations.

I love bjork btw.

I look back over this thread and realise that some days are way more intense than others ... I've gone a bit tame lately. Just giving my liver a little rest :D
LOL

I thought you may like bjork and that's why I posted it.

I am still 'testing the water' here on RF and seeing where the boundaries are before I proceed...I don't want to get banned from another forum when I am only trying to be 'friendly' in the only way I know how to be 'friendly'...

Maybe when my Fibro flares up again and I 'self medicate' I shall be inspired to do it. ;)

*Telekon was an amazing album and I shall post my favourite Gary Numan song for you now:

[youtube]skba-rb2Fo0[/youtube]
Gary Numan - I Die: You Die - YouTube

apophenia

I just learned that "I Die You Die" was not on the original release of Telekon. It was on the overseas releases, such as the Australian release ( I still have a vinyl copy !)

This is the song which our version did not include, and which I have now heard for the first time.

[youtube]WPPg29P17_g[/youtube]
Gary Numan - Sleep By Windows - YouTube

This so reminds me of a sheet of red dragons and my minimoog,SH-09 and TB-303 etc. I had almost the first TB-303 sold in Melbourne, because I was working for a music shop (Dynasound) managing their new electronic music department when the Bassline was released. Every Friday night I packed my Datsun 180B station wagon full of synths and sequencers and effects units (Pro Ones, Moogs, Roland computerised mixing desk etc etc) and headed home where I set it all up with dozens of patch cords and invited all my musical friends for berserk 48 hour music sessions. All in the name of education so I was able to demonstrate it all to musos during the week. Fun times.

I bought a Roland CSQ-600, which was an analog sequencer with 600 notes of storage, for $900 ! That was 1981 I think, although it's getting harder to be sure about dates ...

I was a space monkey, LOL

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I just learned that "I Die You Die" was not on the original release of Telekon. It was on the overseas releases, such as the Australian release ( I still have a vinyl copy !)

This is the song which our version did not include, and which I have now heard for the first time.

[youtube]WPPg29P17_g[/youtube]
Gary Numan - Sleep By Windows - YouTube

This so reminds me of a sheet of red dragons and my minimoog,SH-09 and TB-303 etc. I had almost the first TB-303 sold in Melbourne, because I was working for a music shop (Dynasound) managing their new electronic music department when the Bassline was released. Every Friday night I packed my Datsun 180B station wagon full of synths and sequencers and effects units (Pro Ones, Moogs, Roland computerised mixing desk etc etc) and headed home where I set it all up with dozens of patch cords and invited all my musical friends for berserk 48 hour music sessions. All in the name of education so I was able to demonstrate it all to musos during the week. Fun times.

I bought a Roland CSQ-600, which was an analog sequencer with 600 notes of storage, for $900 ! That was 1981 I think, although it's getting harder to be sure about dates ...

I was a space monkey, LOL
While you were doing that, I just purchased my very first computer.

It was a Tandy TRS-80 and I was so addicted to the 'Eliza' program and started researching AI as AI was back in the late '70's and early '80's.

After that, I bought a Commodore 64 and started writing programs for it.

*was I always such a nerd? LOL

I also had a Datsun, but it was a 120Y - you know, the 'perfect put-together'.

I never could play any instrument, but I had a go at a Korg once, but mainly, I just watched Phil Oakey play it. :p

...and this is what happens when all of that comes together in one neat package:

[youtube]aVE8taDWmMc[/youtube]
Electric Dreams - The Duel (DVD rip) - YouTube

We must be of similar age, I am guessing.

Last edited:

apophenia

My first computer was a Rockwell AIM65, which I bought in 1979. I programmed it in machine code, and wrote a simple sequencer program so I could start electronic experimentation with my minimoog. A friend who was studying engineering built me a DAC (digital to analog converter). I could choose linear or logarithmic voltage output. The moog was linear (1 volt per octave), but when my DAC was in logarithmic mode, it was insane. There was no possibility of producing normal scales, so I was instantly in the zone of electronic abstraction ( in more ways than one ;) ).

This is how it looked when I unboxed it. I eventually bought a case for it. This is the same computer which was installed in the first space shuttle. There were no 'idiot friendly' user guides, just a stack of very serious books from Rockwell. I was swimming in it for a while, until I had an amazing experience after dosing myself up on Hydergine, and everything came together.
aim-65-40-right.jpg

AIM-65 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

apophenia

So now the story (with crucial new pic of Hickey in motorcade holding AR15) is that,yes, he was shot by Oswald and a secret service guy - but it was a tragic accident !

How did everyone miss all that evidence at the time ? And since then ? Hidden in plain sight.

Back to the story - I guess they know that people are going to blab on their death beds. They're that old now.

"So what the hell are we gonna say when everyone sees Hickey with the weapon, and all those witnesses on the ground smelling gunpowder, and all these ******* old age-nts spilling ?"

"Well, we could say it was a tragic accident, and the service felt a bond of trust to protect Hickey, because that one terrible mistake just about destroyed him ..."

"Mmm"

apophenia

In Australia it has never been 'normal' to carry weapons ( except perhaps during the initial invasion and neutralising of the indigenous inhabitants).

It is becoming commonplace lately to hear about shootings. This was so unusual 20 years ago that a single gunshot in anger was national news. Over the last 10 years there has been an exponential increase in gun crime. Now there is at least one 'drive-by' every other day.

What is not explicitly reported is who is doing the shooting. There is a very identifiable demographic pulling the triggers - bikies and underworld figures engaged in turf wars over the sale of drugs. Virtually every shooting falls under that category now. And we have a new sub-class - the 'Nike Bikies'. They are the footsoldiers for motorcycle gangs, and don't even ride bikes. And they don't fit the WASP profile of the bikies of the 20th century.

Nevertheless, most Australians don't carry any kind of weapon, or spray, or whatever. Because most Australians are not meth dealers.

So for us, you don't need to carry a weapon to live long, and never have, unless you are engaged in serious crime, or fail to pay someone who is. And even then, until recently most criminals never actually pulled the trigger. The threat was sufficient. Nobody needed to die.

Things have changed. And that change is very specific, but due to new rules regarding the reporting of crimes, certain details are consistently withheld - because they are regarded as 'racial vilification'. Australia has a whole new problem with gun crime now - and if the facts were honestly reported, it is a problem which is arriving here by the boatload. But directly commenting on this is verboten. Nicht richtige, in terms of political richtigheit. Verstehen sie ?

apophenia

Note to self -

1 flat tspn cardamom powder
1 round tspn coriander powder
1 flat tspn black mustard seeds
1/2 flat tspn garam masala
1/2 flat tspn lebanese 5-spice
1/2 flat tspn ground dry rosemary
1 small sprig fresh rosemary
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 tblspn fresh lemon juice
1/2 flat tspn salt

Sautee all the above in 2 tblspn olive oil and 10 grams butter in a pressure cooker (lid off)

Add diced veges - potato, green beans, cabbage ( about two serving bowls full)

Add 1 small can diced tomato

Cook under pressure for 10 minutes

release pressure, add cubed panir (Indian cottage cheese - milk curd ), cook with lid off for 5 more minutes

Serve with a dollop of sour cream (or just cream) and/or butter and an extra squeeze of lemon.

Wow

That's so nice.

Serves one, a few bowls (assuming you have a good appetite)

Modify - with chilli
- with curry powder
- with fresh curry leaves (recommended)
- a small splash of your favorite vinegar and/or red wine

apophenia

oh yeah ... real important - a splash of Worcesterhire sauce (or some anchovies). Add that at the beginning.