• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apologies

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Today, I found a couple of PM conversations buried under the many staff-related PMs in my box. (I recently also had an incident that further contributed to that by flooding my inbox with... well, just a tad over 33,000 PMs.)

Coupled with my frequent lethargy due to certain long-term health issues, sometimes I may be late to respond to PMs. I apologize to anyone I've been slow to respond to; it's nothing personal or due to lack of interest at all. It's either due to lack of enough energy to spend much time online or due to the aforementioned burial of some PM conversations.

I hope you're all doing well! I deeply appreciate the outlet of expression that this forum represents for me, and that includes a lot of personal and great PM conversations I've had with people here.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
To RF: Sometimes I leave old PM conversations, because I didn't see a feature to just delete the message to clear up my inbox. So if anyone PMs me and I don't respond and you wanted me to, you can ask me on my profile or the forum, or create a new PM. Because once I leave an old PM to get it out of the way, I don't think the forum will show me additional messages from it.

As for the OP subject, I hope you get to feeling better soon, Debater Slayer. I'm sure people probably understand. As you can see, I run into problems as well with the responding to PMs thing. And as for you, you probably get a lot more due to your position.

Going back to the first paragraph, I like to have a semi-up to date inbox as keeping conversations from 2019-2020 where I can see them, just reminds me of my old thoughts when I feel I grow and understand more every month - if I didn't focus on self-improvement, I'd be pretty bad off as I was a little incoherent a few years ago after my accident with caffeine. Looking back at things and old messages can be good, but doing it too much can bring a bit of pain, too.

tl;dr RF, if you PM me and I don't respond, I -may- not necessarily be ignoring anyone. I'm probably not. I just sometimes leave old PMs to keep my inbox to about a single page.

Addition notes: Wow, this was a long message about such a simple subject. But I just thought people should know.