• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apatheism

I have been more and more interested in this term lately. I feel it sometimes describes me in some scenarios.
I am sort of at the point where I find that whether there is a god, or isn't, it's irrelevant to me. Any god that may exist certainly doesn't appear to concern itself with humanity. In most cases, I really don't know, don't believe and don't care. I have no interest in religion, or being religious. I'm okay with people believing as they wish, whether I consider it silly or not. Believe in a god? cool. Don't believe in one? Also cool. Where I take issue is when these beliefs or lack of beliefs start to impact your conduct and behavior towards others. I guess in this notion, I am in agreement with secularism.

The endless debate between believers and non-believers to me is basically a waste of time, since no conclusion will prove, or disprove the existence or non-existence of any god, higher power or anything altogether supernatural, regardless of what I may or may not personally believe.

I was speaking to someone recently and they actually said, "it is possible to be an agnostic, atheist and apatheist." Yeah, I'm not gonna say all that, though. Lol. Talk about a mouthful. Apatheist itself, if you prefer that, would be a lot simpler.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was speaking to someone recently and they actually said, "it is possible to be an agnostic, atheist and apatheist." Yeah, I'm not gonna say all that, though. Lol. Talk about a mouthful. Apatheist itself, if you prefer that, would be a lot simpler.

Perhaps, it could be abbreviated to "Triple A" or something like that. Agnostic, Atheist, Apatheist - The Triple A's.

I still prefer apatheist. And also, evidently apatheist can be open. I think the majority are "atheist." But it is really meant in general as just an attitude towards god and religious beliefs.

"I don't know if god exists, and I don't care."