• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anything positive to say about Trump?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
His policy position on trade has sparked a real debate about what to do about an unskilled working class that doesn't make as much money, and sees little opportunity. No one knows what to do, but at least we're taking about it.

He's interested in rebuilding infrastrure. . . It's expensive but necessary. Many Pubs suddenly want to now, which is good for everyone.

The DACA debacle shows us that we need better immigration reform laws. The best way to get better conditions is to create legal paths to citizenship, and not rely on executive protections. A very good point.
Those issues are nothing new. Many people on both sides have been screaming we need those things for awhile now. All Trump really managed to do was get Hillary to change her position of the TPT, **** all over immigrants, and be yet another politician who gives not one damn about our crumbling, failing, and woefully obsolete infrastructure.
Stock market historically high (over 23,000)
Unemployment figures lowest in 20 years
The same complaints are around that were in Obama was in office: The bulk of the economic gains have went straight to the top while everybody else is working more hours for less pay and benefits, or having to work multiple jobs because there has been so much growth in unskilled/minimum wage labor.
No new wars and ISIS on the run
He has issued military action, and his brinkmanship is bringing us dangerously close to war. His "fury and destruction" threats, it's like he has no regard for the fact it will cost lives, including American. He's going at North Korea like he goes after someone on Twitter, and we must never accept such behavior from a president. We should also never accept a president who issues military orders and policies over Twitter (the military doesn't because it's not the official way to do it).
First Lady and First Daughter very easy on the eyes (not a pant suit in any closet)
That's not even a point except to support Trump's "piece of *** at your side" claim. They are human beings who make decisions and do things and have personal characteristics and personalities. Men aren't the only ones who should be judged by them.

Jumi

The end of the Syrian control by ISIS was well under way long before Trump took the oath, and it was the coalition largely put together by Obama and Hillary that spelled doom for ISIS.
I disagree a lot with Obama admin choices in Syria. I don't think it would have been over as soon as this for Syrian people if Hillary was elected. They would have prioritized getting Assad out of power as Obama did.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And George Bush had the plan for killing Bin Laden well underway before Barry took over. So what?
Actually Bush didn't since they didn't even know where Ob-L was.

Secondly, it was Obama, not Trump, that put together the coalition that eventually toppled ISIS, so there simply is no logical way one can credit Trump for this.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Actually Bush didn't since they didn't even know where Ob-L was.

Secondly, it was Obama, not Trump, that put together the coalition that eventually toppled ISIS, so there simply is no logical way one can credit Trump for this.

They had a good idea and plans were definitely afoot.

metis

I disagree a lot with Obama admin choices in Syria. I don't think it would have been over as soon as this for Syrian people if Hillary was elected.
Too hard to say one way or the other, but my point is that the handwriting was on the wall dealing with ISIS's demise in Syria and Iraq long before Trump took over.

They would have prioritized getting Assad out of power as Obama did.
That was a terrible conundrum we were caught in because we were caught in a Catch-22. If we eliminated Assad's regime, then ISIS would have been helped, and vice-versa.

metis

They had a good idea and plans were definitely afoot.
Can't you see that this is illogical? Yes, we know that Bush was looking forward with the hope of killing or capturing Ob-L, but it is impossible to make any serious plans if we haven't a clue where the guy is. On top of that, it was Bush's mismanagement whereas he sent our troops to Iraq instead of going after Ob-L in eastern Afghanistan. IOW, he blew it!

Jumi

Too hard to say one way or the other, but my point is that the handwriting was on the wall dealing with ISIS's demise in Syria and Iraq long before Trump took over.
They hesitated as long as they could for the bad of the people there. It was known they would fail, but the longer it lasted the worse it would be for the middle-east and for the world. You see how much it helped European nationalist, right? Right now we are having a new rise of that in every country. This too is a legacy that will come from hesitant actions of the previous administration. If ISIS lasted longer, who knows how much they would have strengthened them. Besides that China and Iran probably benefited from this more than anyone.

That was a terrible conundrum we were caught in because we were caught in a Catch-22. If we eliminated Assad's regime, then ISIS would have been helped, and vice-versa.
Yes, that's why Trump like Assad was better in this situation.

Jedster

So it's becoming increasingly obvious that this presidency is a disaster. Does anyone have anything positive to say about him? I like some of the cartoons I see... The way the media reacts to him is amusing at times. I find his verbal battles with Kim Jong to be funny. Meaning, he is entertaining at least.

If you can muster it, leave a positive comment about the president :p

His hair is more tidy than Boris Johnson's, or is it?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So it's becoming increasingly obvious that this presidency is a disaster. Does anyone have anything positive to say about him? I like some of the cartoons I see... The way the media reacts to him is amusing at times. I find his verbal battles with Kim Jong to be funny. Meaning, he is entertaining at least.

If you can muster it, leave a positive comment about the president :p
He won't require a costume to frighten people out of their wits this Halloween. In fact White House should be relabeled as house of horrors with Trump as the chief ghoul haunting it. :D

metis

They hesitated as long as they could for the bad of the people there. It was known they would fail, but the longer it lasted the worse it would be for the middle-east and for the world. You see how much it helped European nationalist, right?
But what the point is is that Obama and the west was caught in a Catch-22, which is undoubtedly one reason why Obama waited to form a coalition. And this makes sense since we don't live there, so any attempt at a long-term solution had to involve local countries.

Now, compare that to Cowboy Bush, who went in with "shock & awe", destabilized the region and weakened Iraq (1/3 of the population displaced or killed), thus leading up to an ISIS takeover over part of Iraq that then spread into Syria. On top of that, the Bush administration had no clue what to do after the Baath regime was ousted.

We should all learn by now that any chance of a successful outcome must include a coalition of local countries to help out.

Yes, that's why Trump like Assad was better in this situation.
But it's Assad who also was and is a mass murderer who used chemical weapons even against civilian populations, killing tens of thousands of mostly civilians, much like his father did. Helping him would be like doing "Satan's work" for him (I don't believe in Satan, btw-- just an analogy).

And what would be the outcome of that? Do you honestly think it would help stabilize the region? Do you think the Israelis and the Lebanese would somehow be helped by us propping up and further arming Assad?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I would like America to decrease the world's reliance upon us, so that is something Trump's administration is helping with. I want some glimmer of hope that we can stop being the biggest nuclear target on Earth. Our allies have been forced to change their expectations, and it opens the future possibility that we can start shrinking back down from being the biggest boy on the block. Maybe we can hope that nuclear arsenals will start shrinking again. I'd like for us to be more cosmopolitan, teach our young students other languages and more history, more like Sweden in that respect. There are a lot of things that are on hold because we are stuck being the biggest and most influential country, so I view this period of shrinking international influence as a positive in the long run.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
It appears he is well on his way for 2020 re-election but then that means even more whining and crying from the left so it's a mixed bag.

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
The stock market is roaring. And anyone is better than Obama or Clinton. If we condemned presidents because of their personal vices etc or because we didn't like perceived un-vetted' NSNBC typpe hysterical garbage most of our most loved presidents would not make the cut. Those beloved prezs include; Kennedy, Lincoln, Roosevelt, I can go on....

: {>