• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anything positive to say about Trump?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So it's becoming increasingly obvious that this presidency is a disaster. Does anyone have anything positive to say about him? I like some of the cartoons I see... The way the media reacts to him is amusing at times. I find his verbal battles with Kim Jong to be funny. Meaning, he is entertaining at least.

If you can muster it, leave a positive comment about the president :p

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
He's bringing a lot of our vices to the forefront for debate and discussion even if he is usually on the wrong side. For to long silence was used to hide the negative side of the US. Maybe we will continue after his Presidency and make some actual progress.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
He's bringing a lot of our vices to the forefront for debate and discussion even if he is usually on the wrong side. For to long silence was used to hide the negative side of the US. Maybe we will continue after his Presidency and make some actual progress.
Basically this. He's brought boiling issues to the front instead of pretending they aren't there.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
So it's becoming increasingly obvious that this presidency is a disaster. Does anyone have anything positive to say about him? I like some of the cartoons I see... The way the media reacts to him is amusing at times. I find his verbal battles with Kim Jong to be funny. Meaning, he is entertaining at least.

His temper tantrums and inability to let stuff go, as any adult should, is entertaining at times.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Basically this. He's brought boiling issues to the front instead of pretending they aren't there.
I've heard this a lot. Do you mean that he is an effective "troll", in that he makes outlandish claims so that people will start talking about a specific issue?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I think Trump should serve as an object lesson to the people that the president is not the be all and end all of the country.

Sure, some of this is amusing, as is the overall political discourse which has gone on in this country.

I don't really think Trump's presidency is a disaster - at least not at this point. It could lead to that, although some might argue that America was heading towards disaster even before Trump became a candidate.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
His policy position on trade has sparked a real debate about what to do about an unskilled working class that doesn't make as much money, and sees little opportunity. No one knows what to do, but at least we're taking about it.

He's interested in rebuilding infrastrure. . . It's expensive but necessary. Many Pubs suddenly want to now, which is good for everyone.

The DACA debacle shows us that we need better immigration reform laws. The best way to get better conditions is to create legal paths to citizenship, and not rely on executive protections. A very good point.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
He's interested in rebuilding infrastrure. . .
If he had started out his presidency by pushing for this, I think he would have won over even some who voted against him. Instead, he opened the can of worms with healthcare reform and now he's into tax reform, both of which are like walking through quicksand.