• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone worried about coronavirus?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
For anyone who's interested:

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't mind me, just spreading sunshine around:

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

Actually, that's a significant slow down in new cases; only 500 or so since the last tally (as opposed to the usual 1000+)

Mortality rate hasn't slowed down though.

amorphous_constellation

why are there so many cases compared to a recovered condition.. how long does the thing last. My hunch is that is doesn't seem that bad, think I'd rather get that than influenza, which I think I had a couple years ago, which was like a two week fever / lung issue

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
why are there so many cases compared to a recovered condition..

It looks like the rate of recovered is moving along about twice as fast as the rate of new infections.

how long does the thing last.

That's a good question. I haven't been able to find out anything definite.

My hunch is that is doesn't seem that bad, think I'd rather get that than influenza, which I think I had a couple years ago, which was like a two week fever / lung issue

The mortality rate for COVID-19 is between 10 and 20 times as high as that of the flu. The real problem with this new virus, and the one the experts are concerned over, is how contagious it is, and the fact that so little is known about it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mrs Revolt wanted me to go hiking in Portugal with her.
I can't....the coronavirus, you know.
Thank Cthulhu for that virus!