• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone who hates their life

Spiderman

Veteran Member
23 Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

Isn't that beautiful? Especially the part about hating your life being possibly necessary for salvation. I love it! :D

Any thoughts about that verse?

(It's luke something)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
23 Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

Isn't that beautiful? Especially the part about hating your life being possibly necessary for salvation. I love it! :D

(It's luke something)
It's the Kingdom that Jesus is building.

The way up is down; the way to life is to die; the way to prosper is to give; the way to the top is serve all at the bottom; to way to success is to make others successful.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's a great tragedy to encourage people to hate their life. It hinders social progress as people settle for crap instead of striving to better things for themselves and all of humanity. Some times you have to look and search and find peace with yourself, but life is so beautiful, wonderful, and on its own worthy of being considered a sacred treasure that despite all the odds here we still are with this chance to cherish it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

(It's luke something)
Christianity is certifiably nuts. Bonkers. Loco la cabeza or something like that.

Kenny

Premium Member
It's a great tragedy to encourage people to hate their life.

I don't think that was the application that Jesus meant.

It was more like “The person who loves his life and pampers himself will miss true life! But the one who detaches his life from this world and abandons himself to me, will find true life and enjoy it forever!"

Road Less Traveled

I hate a lot of things about this world that are not ideal, that are incapable of change. That I no longer perceive as beautiful. That have been outgrown. Like an alien and stranger in a silly place. Yet I am personally serene and fully satiated. Yet can see the humor and madness in just about all of it, while participating a little in moderation. I suppose if it’s one life and/or this is the only world... so be it. If it’s not, damn right I’d want to be liberated from here.

Don’t mind those that do though. I know that I once did. Not too bad of a home if have a reasonable or decent lot.

If those verses are referring to an internal world, I was once rock bottom ... very rock bottom and the best advice someone gave me was to hate that life, hate what led me to being rock bottom, hate everything about it and fight it, conquer, and overcome it all. Loss and death to that old life was the greatest ‘blessing’ and liberation ever.

Kenny

Premium Member
My thoughts still apply. This world and life are wonderful and precious. 'Tis a shame to waste this moment we are given.
Your thought and his sayings are not contrary to each other. IMV. It is a shame to waste the moment we are given.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

I was studying and practicing with Tibetan lamas, and one day, during a retreat, Lama Dorje came up to us and said “ I don’t think you understand what we mean when we say ‘renunciation’. We don’t mean giving up sex and drugs, and selling your house to give money to charity. Renunciation is when you are sick of yourself as you are, renunciation feels like nausea”.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I find it depressing and an unhealthy view of the world. World-denying religions make me sick at this point, so it's no surprise I've moved to a religion far from that. I even moved from Greek religion since even that was becoming world-denying and ascetic towards the end of its original development, with groups like Orphism. Germanic religion, like tribal religion in general, is the complete opposite and never became degraded in such a way.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I find it depressing and an unhealthy view of the world. World-denying religions make me sick at this point, so it's no surprise I've moved to a religion far from that. I even moved from Greek religion since even that was becoming world-denying and ascetic towards the end of its original development, with groups like Orphism. Germanic religion, like tribal religion in general, is the complete opposite and never became degraded in such a way.
Those type of regions are the kind that goes against the proverbial grain. It's the reason why religions like Christianity suffer so much with adherants who are always confused as to why they're so anxiety-prone, conflicted, and generally unhappy and hard on themselves when their expectations are continually not met thinking that somehow there are under attack from a contrived nemesis* that doesn't exist without ever realizing its been themselves all along in the denial of who they naturally are and are constantly fighting against their own nature.

Instead of realizing the real reasons why, they continually keep striving for standards that simply cannot be met from characters who literally are unrealistic superheroes.

*Lucifer, the devil, whatever, or whomever the bad guy is.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

(It's luke something)
It's talking about hating an empty, dysfunctional, narcissistic life, a life focused on the false gods of money, sex, and power. Only when we come to hate this life are we ready for transformation. A person who can't admit there is a problem cannot be helped.