• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone want to do a private group debate? I'll set it up.

Alceste

Vagabond
Sure, I'm in. I'd be interested in understanding your reasons for saying legal prostitution does not generally result in better management of the associated risks.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Yo. I want to do one of these new private debate forms.

I need people.

I was thinking, a debate about whether a prior or a posteriori knowledge is more useful...

I guess I really encountered this problem in debates about prostitution.

In short.. I am against prostitution. And there I couple I disagree with because it comes down to a particular issue.

They argue that prostitution should be legal because people should have the freedom to do what they will because freedom is cause of the presupposition, I'm thinking.

I think that prostitution should be illegal because of the actual affects it has on society.

So there is a little divide here... the former being about what should be the case pre-what-ever-happens-in-the-world... and the latter being about what should be the case based on what ever happens in the world. Or at least, how I understand. And it causes a difference in opinion in light of the facts.

So I was wondering... is anyone game.. I'm thinking 4-8 people? You can post on here or PM me. I'm making the thread ultimately, so I reserve the right to accept ya (at least for the thread I'm making) or deny ya (at least for the thread I'm making) as I understand it.

Let's go!

Might be able to set this up here: Invitation Only Debates - Religious Education Forum

dust1n

Zindīq

Well, yeah, that's what I anticipated. I saw your post in the announcement forum and thought, "Oh, I never seen that before." And then I investigated it and saw one has yet to be made. So I wasn't quite sure on the rules, but I figured it would be easiest to make this thread, kinda find people who want in on the topic, get a good list, and then make the thread... which I will list all the names one when I make it btw, people!... but it is taking me awhile, because I'm slowly typing up a good intro / OP / etc. to get it started fresh and crisp.

dust1n

Zindīq
Indeed.. everyone hold your horses. I will make the thread and have the invites sent in the next couple of days.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, yeah, that's what I anticipated. I saw your post in the announcement forum and thought, "Oh, I never seen that before." And then I investigated it and saw one has yet to be made. So I wasn't quite sure on the rules, but I figured it would be easiest to make this thread, kinda find people who want in on the topic, get a good list, and then make the thread... which I will list all the names one when I make it btw, people!... but it is taking me awhile, because I'm slowly typing up a good intro / OP / etc. to get it started fresh and crisp.

My bad. I was supposed to make a sticky for that forum but never got around to it. I'll put it back on my to-do list. :p

dust1n

Zindīq
My bad. I was supposed to make a sticky for that forum but never got around to it. I'll put it back on my to-do list. :p

Well, if I remember right, I think in the announcement, it said I could do invitations and then either make the thread with the names in the OP, or take the names and PM to a mod as they come.

Is there a specific space where a thread like this should go, perhaps, the private debate discussion thread? :D I didn't think of that until just now.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, if I remember right, I think in the announcement, it said I could do invitations and then either make the thread with the names in the OP, or take the names and PM to a mod as they come.

Is there a specific space where a thread like this should go, perhaps, the private debate discussion thread? :D I didn't think of that until just now.

Actually, that's not a bad idea.

People seem interested in this thread and moving it there might help call attention to those forums (I'm guessing most people don't realize they exist yet).

I'll leave it up to you though: to move or not to move.

dust1n

Zindīq
Actually, that's not a bad idea.

People seem interested in this thread and moving it there might help call attention to those forums (I'm guessing most people don't realize they exist yet).

I'll leave it up to you though: to move or not to move.

I'm fine with that.

dust1n

Zindīq
Thanks. Playboy keeps bugging me to do a spread on my Mod Posts but they haven't been able to meet my price.

(and anyway, nobodies putting staples in my posts. Nobody).

That's a shame. It could have quirky dates on the calender such as Nov 31, "Aftermath of Thankgiving At Quagmire's House."

Shermana

Heretic
Is there a big difference between openly advertising on the street and giving it up after a date in exchange for dinner and a movie?