• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone like Baseball?

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Do you watch Major League Baseball?

Who's your team?

How many games do you go to (Major or Minor League) per year?

Is Baseball boring to you?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Me! I love the Giants (hometown pride!) and the Yankees. I haven't been to a game in a long time but I like to watch it on TV.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I played as a kid. The Jays game is on right now on other side of room. I like the Jays, adored the Expos, and hate the Yankees. Happy for Cubbies. Only been to one game about 30 years ago at the Big O in Montreal. Versus Mets. Galaraga hit an inside the park home run while I was buying a pennant for my son.

I wouldn't have learned to read if Dad hadn't bought me Sports Illustrated, and various baseball books. Every Saturday afternoon with Peewee Reese and Dizzy Dean, lol.

RedDragon94

I played as a kid. The Jays game is on right now on other side of room. I like the Jays, adored the Expos, and hate the Yankees. Happy for Cubbies. Only been to one game about 30 years ago at the Big O in Montreal. Versus Mets. Galaraga hit an inside the park home run while I was buying a pennant for my son.

I wouldn't have learned to read if Dad hadn't bought me Sports Illustrated, and various baseball books. Every Saturday afternoon with Peewee Reese and Dizzy Dean, lol.
My Dad watched baseball and we used to pass the baseball around when I was a kid.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
My Dad watched baseball and we used to pass the baseball around when I was a kid.
It's a weird addiction. I remember specifics. Dad had 3 bent fingers from it, and a story to go with each one. He was a catcher, and I guess he stuck his throwing hand in there too close at times. Two fingers were from bats, and one from a ball.

RedDragon94

It's a weird addiction. I remember specifics. Dad had 3 bent fingers from it, and a story to go with each one. He was a catcher, and I guess he stuck his throwing hand in there too close at times. Two fingers were from bats, and one from a ball.
Ouch. I've never really played on like a team or anything, I just watch.

james bond

I'm down. Played semi-pro and some college ball. Now, I watch a few games and usually play fantasy MLB (except for this season and maybe nevermore due to boss putting her foot down).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do you watch Major League Baseball?

Who's your team?

How many games do you go to (Major or Minor League) per year?

Is Baseball boring to you?
The New York Yankees were a big deal back in the day. Ever since the baseball strike the whole sport has just spiraled to where most people today say meh. It's okay. It's never really rebounded back to the way it used to be.

The worst part is I love sports video games as well with fantasy teams and such. We have basketball hockey and football but I haven't seen too many releases on baseball in quite a while. Definitely no releases from the Triple-A Publishers since Triple Play from EA Sports. It was a great way to wind down in the evening for me.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I watch Cubs and Cards (grew up in a community midway between them, and you pretty much had to be for one or the other...but Cubs are the ones I followed first (despite the influence of the 66-68 Cards)), and occasionally other games. My interest has waxed and waned over the years...since The Headache and disability came around, it's one of the few things I can stand to watch on TV. Going to a game is a risky thing, as crowds and noise (and heat and humidity) tend to make headache and etc., worse.

Don't see how anyone but the Red Sox are going to win it all this year, but there have been a number of times in recent years when the best record gets taken out before the pennants...