• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone knows where to find the solutions to this book?

Kerr

Hi all.

I study astronomy and last term we had this course in physics. Specifically, it was an introduction course to mechanics (Newtons laws and all that). I managed to fail the final test in the course and in about 22 days we have a new one. Anyway, there is a slight problem... the book for the course contains quite a lot of problems to solve, but very few solutions. They apparently thought it was a good idea to not give the right answer, or even a hint leading to the right answer, to more then half of the problems. The book is called "An introduction to mechanics", and its by Daniel Kleppner and Robert Kolenkow. Also, I have the second edition. Does anyone know where I can find the answers for the problems? Or even better, solutions (so if I get stuck I can take a look and know what I am doing wrong)?

Really do not want to fail the next test. Happen to have a hard time with this course for some reason and this detail only makes it worse.

Take care,
Kerr.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Anyway, there is a slight problem... the book for the course contains quite a lot of problems to solve, but very few solutions. They apparently thought it was a good idea to not give the right answer, or even a hint leading to the right answer, to more then half of the problems.
This is a common practice in physics. It means the tutor can assign the unanswered problems as homework. You could maybe email your course co-ordinator or your tutor for the solutions. Failing that there are at least half a dozen people here who can help with Newtonian mechanics.

Kerr

This is a common practice in physics. It means the tutor can assign the unanswered problems as homework. You could maybe email your course co-ordinator or your tutor for the solutions. Failing that there are at least half a dozen people here who can help with Newtonian mechanics.
Ok, I might think of that in the future. Managed to pass the exam so it's not that relevant now (I guess you looked at the month rather then the year, I posted this in 2014).

Yerda

Veteran Member
Ok, I might think of that in the future. Managed to pass the exam so it's not that relevant now (I guess you looked at the month rather then the year, I posted this in 2014).
Did that. Oops. Glad to hear you passed though.