• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anyone know the ropes about fashion design patents?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
the title says it all.....but it may help....

As a toolmaker I have some difficulty buying a work pant that suits the need of what I do.
most guys just wear any blue jeans and then make do.

I have taken up the hobby of sewing!
and I am real close to finishing the proto type.

It's easy to make and is real comfy.

but what happens if I choose to produce in quantity?

anybody out there?

Skwim

Veteran Member
"Design patent applications are the least common type of patent application filed with the U.S. Patent Office. However, they can be easier and cheaper than utility patent protection. Below is a summary of the benefits and detriments of design patents:

i. Benefits of Design Patents

Cheaper than utility patent.
Usually faster patent protection at the U.S. Patent Office (normally between 1-2 years).
If the main feature of the new product is the appearance (i.e. ornamental design), then a design patent will protect this main feature.​

ii. Detriments of Design Patents

Design patents do not protect the functional features of an invention (most inventions have functional features).
Design patents can be relatively easy to design around by simply changing the overall appearance of the competing product.
Difficult to protect different variations of product."​
source

Last edited: