1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else here UFC fans?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Father Heathen, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Father Heathen

Father Heathen Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +20,391
    Just curious. It's about the only sport I have an interest in.

2. Watchmen

Watchmen Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +983
    I have some buddies who are. I'll watch it if we're hanging out. They were excited about UFC 98 last Friday, but there were weddings and other things going on so we didn't connect to watch it together.

3. Father Heathen

Ratings:
    +20,391
    But that's not until May 23rd. Also, the Spike channel airs past events and even a reality show US vs UK, which has young, amateur fighters from both nations who are competing against each other, but also have to live in the same house together.

#3 Father Heathen, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  4. Watchmen

Watchmen Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +983
    My bad. I think I meant UFC 97??? That was April 17th, right???

5. 47Wasps

47Wasps Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I know guys that do,but I'm not interested in it myself.

6. Don Penguinoini

Ratings:
    +729
    Religion:
    Hindu Atheist
    I like the UK vs US. I hope we destroy you and put that ego back in the sewer :D

7. Father Heathen

Ratings:
    +20,391
    I hate to admit it, but team US does have a bunch of cocky, immature, snot-nosed punks and it makes it hard to root for them.

8. Don Penguinoini

Ratings:
    +729
    Religion:
    Hindu Atheist
    It's because the US is the home of UFC, they think that they are top dogs... For your own betterment, a defeat would be great.

9. Father Heathen

Ratings:
    +20,391
    Anyone here catch any of the UFC 100 last saturday? I loved it when Henderson KOed the cocky, **** talking Bisbing.

10. SoliDeoGloria

SoliDeoGloria Active Member

Ratings:
    +65
    A lot of people gave Brock Lesnar a hard time and called him a bad example as if all the "fight promoting" smack talking wasn't bad sportsmanship. I actually didn't have a single problem with the way Brock acted and think it is just a natural humanistic biproduct of the sport and the way the UFC promotes their fights on top of most of the fighters and fan base attitude towards him because he was in the WWE. About the only fighter I have seen giving him any decent reapect is Randy Cotoure. What did they really expext? Henderson's dive punch scared me more than Brock's attitude. For a second there, I thought Bisbing was going to need to be taken to a hospital by an ambulance or something.

So, does anybody think ole Dana White will be able to get a Fedor vs. Brock fight in the near future? It's quite the talk over the internet: Search
    I hope it happens. I think it would be an excellant fight. Almost like Rocky 4 lol.

How does anybody think Kimbo Slice is going to do in the next "Ultimate Fighter"?

Sincerely,
    SoliDeoGloria

11. Father Heathen

Ratings:
    +20,391
    I disliked MIr's attitude more so than I did Brock's, and Dana White made him apologize to the press during the post show conference for his behavior.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Azakel

Azakel Liebe ist für alle da

Ratings:
    +507
    That's just this year. In the past they've had just people from the U.S. being trained by different Coaches(UFC Champs.)
    But I am a fan, really the only sport I'll watch.

13. SoliDeoGloria

SoliDeoGloria Active Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Couldn't agree more lol. I laughed at Brock's apology with a Bud Light right next to him. Personally, I don't even think he should've had to do it. I'm sure the ONLY reason Dana made him was because of the sponsor comment. On top of that all Mir did was play the fans and lie about his strategy during the fight. Mir wanted a replay of their first match and Brock just simply wasn't going to allow that to happen and knew how to get that done and "pull the horse shoe out of his.........", nevermind, you know the rest lol.

Sincerely,
    SoliDeoGloria

14. Jeremy Mason

Jeremy Mason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +496
    UFC is great! I studied material arts and wrestled for two years in junior high. I learned so much about other people and myself through these experiences.

15. Father Heathen

Ratings:
    +20,391
    Which ones? It seems that Brazilian Jujitsu and Muay Thai Kick Boxing are most prominent in MMA.

16. Jeremy Mason

Jeremy Mason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +496
    Fung Mung Soo. It's an art that utilizes Taekwondo, Karate and Aikido with Kung Fu influences.

True, true.

17. Don Penguinoini

Ratings:
    +729
    Religion:
    Hindu Atheist
    Cannot wait for Machida vs. Shogun....

If only they allowed stomping, Shogun might have something. But, let's face it, what we want to see is Machida vs. A.Silva. But they are both Black House buddies, they will not fight.

Anyone gonna watch Fedor vs. Brett Rogers?

18. Don Penguinoini

Ratings:
    +729
    Religion:
    Hindu Atheist
    WOW!

I am unbelieavably upset after after 104. Shogun put in a fantastic performance and got robbed of his LHW title. Wow.

19. enchanted_one1975

enchanted_one1975 Resident Lycanthrope

Ratings:
    +2,044
    My fiance is. I personally can't stand sports. I swear she is more male than I am. :yes:

20. Just_me_Mike

Just_me_Mike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +468
    I agree with you, but I have to say Shogun's corner should not have encouraged him to relax. They should not have been telling Shogun he had all the rounds. I wish Shogun or Machida would have pressed more than they did. Good fight overall, because they can both strike, but clearly Shogun whipped his ***.