• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone Around Remember the Old Times on RF?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Just hoping to reconnect with some of the people I came to appreciate during my time here at RF. I imagine many are gone now, but I hold out hope for some.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Wow, haven't seen you around in forever. Wondered what happened to you. How've you been?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Doing ok. I had to leave university for health reasons for a while, but I'm back into my studies now.

My lost years were 2.5-3 years I spent addicted to opiates/opioids (my favourite being intravenous hydromorphone). But those days are over, I conquered my addiction on my own. No rehab (the practices of which I abhor), no pointless and damaging detox, and no methadone or subutex to replace my drug of choice (why shackle myself to a new substance to get away from an old one?).

What I used was my knowledge of other chemicals that assisted the withdrawal phase. I tried many times, but always relapsed. It's been well over a year now though. What finally worked was, believe it or not, poppy seed tea. While it didn't give me a "rush" like injection would, it still killed all the withdrawal symptoms (and not being able to inject it is only a boon anyway).

I'd use a certain mass of poppy seeds (which unfortunately vary in potency so care is required), and then shake them in a container filled with slightly lukewarm water and a little bit of lemon juice. Afterwards, I'd filter it to leave the seeds in the container, and do one more wash of the seeds, filtering again. Then I'd taste for bitterness, as the level of bitter flavouring indicates the potency of that particular brew.

From there, I just drank my tea two to three times a day, and diminished the amount of seeds I used each time slowly, so that I could taper my doses down. Three and a half weeks of that, and I was clean. :cool:

I still use psychoactive chemicals for my own purposes, both spiritual and intellectual, but I'm not addicted to anything else (except, unfortunately, tobacco, which assisted with my symptoms post withdrawal - became a bit of a habit).

Primarily, I use cannabis (for medical reasons amongst others). Other than that, the occasional psychedelic, tryptamines like psilocin/psilocybin being my favourite. They are very spiritual experiences to me, very important for how I've developed (for example, it was a high dose of mushrooms that finally gave me the willpower to quit injecting).

I still write, a lot. I've got three main novels in progress, all of them to be series (likely trilogies). I have always, since I was little more than two, been an avid reader, and I still read voraciously. And I've never stopped studying anything under the sun that piques my interest.

I plan on a career in neuroscience and/or medicine (psychiatry). Things are going fairly well for me now, all things considered.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Druidus! :hugehug:

Glad to see you back. How far back were you wanting to reminisce about on RF? I remember gifts, coins, ribbons, and when frubals were worth more than 1 point. ;)

And very glad to hear you're doing well. That's quite a story!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Hi there. I remember you.

And I also remember ribbons, gifts, high-value frubals and the like.

Sounds like you're doing well. Wish you the best with your studies. I have a hunch that you would make a great therapist or doctor, given your experiences.

Hope you'll stick around.