• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody play Rimworld?

Erebus

Rimworld is coming out with the Biotech expansion in a few days and I honestly feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

For those who aren't aware of it, Rimworld is a colony management game where you try to help a handful of people survive on an alien planet. There are quite a few ways you can go about achieving that, ranging from the benign to the downright malevolent. No matter what you do though, you're guaranteed to have some funny stories by the end of it.

My personal favourite encounter was somebody desperately pleading for shelter at my colony... because they were being chased by a swarm of man-hunting guinea pigs. I took them in and prepared for the attack. It wasn't long before the wheeking horde descended on my colony.

Even though I had assault rifles and sandbag entrenchments, some of the guinea pigs made it into my ranks. They incapacitated one colonist and inflicted multiple injuries on two others before they were finally stopped. I was able to get them medical treatment but three people were doomed to live with the knowledge they were almost killed by guinea pigs.

So anybody play it? Got any stories to share?

(Just remember that RF is PG-13 and Rimworld... is Rimworld. Pick which stories you decide to share carefully)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I bought it off steam a few weeks ago but have only played it twice and didn't get through the tutorial. Most likely not the games fault, I'm just sick of computer games in general.

Erebus

I bought it off steam a few weeks ago but have only played it twice and didn't get through the tutorial. Most likely not the games fault, I'm just sick of computer games in general.

It's certainly not a game that will click for everybody. It it does click though, it really sends you down one hell of a rabbit hole.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm definitely intrigued by the game. Seen my favorite YTer Robbaz play it. Seems a blast.

Right now I'm having fun with Battle Brothers and Mount and Blade.

Erebus

I'm definitely intrigued by the game. Seen my favorite YTer Robbaz play it. Seems a blast.

Right now I'm having fun with Battle Brothers and Mount and Blade.

Love mount and blade. I haven't played Battle brothers but I've added it to my wishlist. Looks like something I'd enjoy.

Erebus

I have the base version, but I'm not any good, yet. I'm still figuring out basics like how to capture.

There's definitely a learning curve involved. Capturing raiders has a lot of uses but for starting out, it's probably best to only do it if you want new recruits. Any bedroom can work as a makeshift prison if you assign the bed to prisoners only, though I find it's worth giving them steel doors in case of escape attempts. It can also be useful for your warden to carry a club or mace just to be safe.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Love mount and blade. I haven't played Battle brothers but I've added it to my wishlist. Looks like something I'd enjoy.

I have Rimworld. I play Battle Brothers (which is great), and was looking for something with more emergent story play, hence Rimworld. I've played just enough to know it would suck me in if I play it long enough, but I haven't played enough for everything to feel natural yet.
Just playing base.

Erebus

I have Rimworld. I play Battle Brothers (which is great), and was looking for something with more emergent story play, hence Rimworld. I've played just enough to know it would suck me in if I play it long enough, but I haven't played enough for everything to feel natural yet.
Just playing base.

It definitely has a way of drawing me in. Once you have a handle on how things work, you can pretty drastically change how the game plays if you're so inclined. I know some people enjoy playing as nomads who never settle in one spot for long for example.

I also enjoy browsing the subreddit along with the <naughty word for poo> Rimworld Says rubreddit for a laugh. The announcement that the expansion would add babies resulted in one person asking if it would be possible to fire them out of a mortar.