• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any taoists?

willy1590

Hi,can any people who call themselves taoists tell me what excercises you do as a taoist-any feedback would be very helpful?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
We dont have any pure taoist. I think onlu one person list as taoish many here live by much of it though.

Straw Dog

We dont have any pure taoist. I think onlu one person list as taoish many here live by much of it though.

I call myself many different things. As a Taoist, I do a bit of Tai Chi. Mindful breathing and walking out in primal nature are my main practices, although I do those among artificial nature as well.

How do you seek the Tao?

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Taoism is quite influential in my spiritual life, along with many other religions, but I'm probably too unorthodox to be considered by others -- and probably myself -- as a "pure" Taoist. Especially since I'm a panentheist and believe in an afterlife, which often puts me at odds with philosophical Taoists, so I'm more of an observer in this DIR. :)

What do you mean by exercises, though?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
For me its more of a way to view the world. A mind state.

Kalibhakta

Jai Maha Kali Ma!
I am very much a Daoist sympathizer and used to be a Proper Daoist. As a hindu, I do not think anything in Daoism conflicts with my religion is the least.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Though I have been practicing Buddhism for a while, mainly zen, I would almost equally consider myself a Tao practitioner as well. I really dont see any fundamental contradictions between the two practices, so I have no problem with practicing both.

As far as Taoist practices go for me, its mainly the ones that I would practice from a Buddhist perspective as well: doing with no doer, total presence, going with the flow. I say I practice these things, I dont necessarily succeed in them all the time :D

So I guess I would fall under Philosophical Taoist in my perspective. Though, there's actually a school of Taoism that deliberately encompasses aspects of Buddhism and Confucianism.
It's call the Dragon Gate sect.

EDIT: For me, personally, I find that the two practices compliment each other and take up where the other lacks.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I enjoyed reading and learned much from Taoist wisdom and actually adopted the symbolism of Yin/Yang with everyday affairs as an active meditation. Not a practitioner per say but definitely a dabbler.

Last edited: