• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any questions?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Posing myself theological riddles like the problem of evil (just for fun, as such are irrelevant to my own beliefs). More relvantly, looking for flaws in my own logic, and requesting assistance in this via debate (though I haven't had much luck there :(). Also, just talking about my theology to others, who often come up with questions I hadn't considered.
That's pretty cool. :)

:confused: The only reference I've heard to 11 dimensions is Urantia, and I have no idea why you'd attribute that to me. :confused:
Ahh, I meant those dimensions in physics and maths (and string theory?), the type that scientists talk about - (2D, 3D, that sort) like, there being several dimensions because of gravity and all that, if that has any effect on your theology, sorry for any confusion. :)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
That's pretty cool. :)
Thank you. I enjoy it.

Ahh, I meant those dimensions in physics and maths (and string theory?), the type that scientists talk about - (2D, 3D, that sort) like, there being several dimensions because of gravity and all that, if that has any effect on your theology, sorry for any confusion. :)
Ah. I haven't studied physics as much as I would like, so I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about. :(

However, once I get around to it, all new knowledge will be taken into account, and may well result in changes to my theology.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Ah. I haven't studied physics as much as I would like, so I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about. :(

However, once I get around to it, all new knowledge will be taken into account, and may well result in changes to my theology.

No worries, it was quite new to me to hear about the dimensions, I was just watching a lecture on superstring theory some time ago, so I thought I would ask you (the majority of physics, maths, etc is gibberish to me :D) but when/if you do get round to studying it, let me know your findings. :)

I'd also like to ask about your opinion on what a Christian would consider a "demon" to be - do you believe they would be malevolent sidhe? And, do you believe that sidhe can physically/spiritually/psychologically affect people or the planet, and can anything affect the One in any way?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'd also like to ask about your opinion on what a Christian would consider a "demon" to be - do you believe they would be malevolent sidhe?
Yep.

And, do you believe that sidhe can physically/spiritually/psychologically affect people or the planet,
Yes. Few still have the resources to have a physical affect, but are nonetheless quite potent psychically.

and can anything affect the One in any way?
Everything affects the One.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Thank you. I enjoy it.

Basically, there were superstring theories that involved 10 dimensions, but they were incomplete. Once an 11th dimension was added, the problems with the theories disappeared and they became one new theory, the M theory. I've heard it described that the 11th dimension was like standing above everything else and looking at it so that it was all unified.

Sorry, just had to throw that in there. I've watched so many shows on this on the Science Channel, I had to comment.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey Storm,
I'm just going to jump in here. I've only read your initial post and I am curious about where you derive your beliefs (Im not familiar with the terms you use). I am curious of you because I thought that only my Hindu sampradaya fit into a panentheistic perspective. I have never heard of any other group whose idea fit the definition, unless it is an individual person who has read the definition and felt drawn to it.
I am sure you have explained it elsewhere but could you do me the honour of telling me about the development of your panentheistic belief?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Hey Storm,
I'm just going to jump in here. I've only read your initial post and I am curious about where you derive your beliefs (Im not familiar with the terms you use). I am curious of you because I thought that only my Hindu sampradaya fit into a panentheistic perspective. I have never heard of any other group whose idea fit the definition, unless it is an individual person who has read the definition and felt drawn to it.
I am sure you have explained it elsewhere but could you do me the honour of telling me about the development of your panentheistic belief?
Sure. When I was quite young, I had an intense and transformative theophany. I've been trying to understand it ever since, and this is my current best guess. My influences are many and varied, but I think the conclusions are fairly unique.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Hey Storm, do you believe that humans' can be reincarnated onto other planets, and vice-versa, or do you believe we are bound to the planet we are on? :)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Hey Storm, do you believe that humans' can be reincarnated onto other planets, and vice-versa, or do you believe we are bound to the planet we are on? :)
I don't see any reason to say that either possibility is more likely. In the time it took to type the first sentence, I came up with arguments for both. :D

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
From another thread:
So basically, we Humans are little stems from this big Cosmos and the bridges that keep us together are the Matter, Rhys and Arn, right?
Close. The elements are just that: the building blocks of our reality.

Therefore we possess a counscious that is infinte, or atleast lasts aslong as the cosmos lasts, and recorded everything from it's birth?
Yes, but it also evolves. Like matter, it coalesces into ever more complex forms, eventually individuating into us, among other beings.

Aquitaine

another thread:

Close. The elements are just that: the building blocks of our reality.

Yes, but it also evolves. Like matter, it coalesces into ever more complex forms, eventually individuating into us, among other beings.

Hi Storm, I guess I'll continue to questions on this thread, since I didn't wanna derail the other :)

Okay, so, if we're all "drinking" form the same Universal Rhys, except we just "drink" different segments of it that make us unique, along with our sensory experiences etc, then wouldn't we in effect actually be clones of each other, in the sense that we're like all children from the same Mother (all Humans from the same Rhys), except we all just think we have different Mothers (we all have different segments of the same Rhys)?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Hi Storm, I guess I'll continue to questions on this thread, since I didn't wanna derail the other :)

Okay, so, if we're all "drinking" form the same Universal Rhys, except we just "drink" different segments of it that make us unique, along with our sensory experiences etc, then wouldn't we in effect actually be clones of each other, in the sense that we're like all children from the same Mother (all Humans from the same Rhys), except we all just think we have different Mothers (we all have different segments of the same Rhys)?
Not really. Sharing the same matter doesn't make us clones, nor does the single common ancestor of this world's biological life. It's all about unique paths of development.

Aquitaine

Not really. Sharing the same matter doesn't make us clones, nor does the single common ancestor of this world's biological life. It's all about unique paths of development.

Yeah but this ain't matter, this is Rhys, which is our conscience, right?

So we're all sharing the same, much larger personality, although we just "take" different segments of it?

So deep down, Humanity/all life is just one universal being/personality, that is dividing itself into inferior, and more specific life forms with different sensory organs, in order to get a more "comprehensive" experience of reality, right?

**Uh-oh, my brain is starting to melt**
**WARNING, SYSTEM FAILURE IMMINENT**

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Yeah but this ain't matter, this is Rhys, which is our conscience, right?
Rhys is the divine seed of consciousness, yes, and the totality is the mind of God. However, it's not the entire mortal personality. Also, once it individuates, it becomes unique. It has its own experiences and conclusions. Add the unique qualities of the seeming to that, and we're all highly individual.

So we're all sharing the same, much larger personality, although we just "take" different segments of it?
It would be more accurate to describe us as unique aspects of the same personality.

So deep down, Humanity/all life is just one universal being/personality, that is dividing itself into inferior, and more specific life forms with different sensory organs, in order to get a more "comprehensive" experience of reality, right?
"Inferior" subjective, and not a judgment I make. But the gist is accurate.

**Uh-oh, my brain is starting to melt**
**WARNING, SYSTEM FAILURE IMMINENT**

LOL.