• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any questions about the Jehovah's witness faith?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The errors in the NT Gospels have occurred very naturally, please. NT Gospels are, as I understand :
  1. not written by innocent Jesus himself, though Jesus was a literate person.
  1. 2. Jesus did not dictate them to any person.
He did not need to. He told his disciples that the holy spirit would teach them and bring back to their minds all the things he taught them. (John 14:26)
  1. 3. The sinful scribes/narrators were not eye-witnesses of the events.
What sinful scribes/narrators? It was God's word...inspired by his spirit and preserved down to this day.
It was foretold that the church would become apostate, teaching things to 'tickle' people's ears, rather than teach the truth. (Acts 20:30; 2 Peter 2:1-3; 1 Timothy 4:1, 3)
  1. 4. The sinful scribes/narrators were habitual exaggerators of the accounts.
This might have happened in later times because of the apostasy that was foretold...but it is God's word and he would not allow tampering. If we cannot count on the Bible as the word of God and protected by him, then all scripture is useless.

Hence, the errors in the NT Gospels.

No errors that I am aware of.....do you want to discuss any specifics?

Please excuse the mangled bullet points....they are a nightmare to quote when you can't get rid of the numbers. :confused:

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
He did not need to. He told his disciples that the holy spirit would teach them and bring back to their minds all the things he taught them. (John 14:26)
What sinful scribes/narrators? It was God's word...inspired by his spirit and preserved down to this day.
It was foretold that the church would become apostate, teaching thing to 'tickle' people's ears, rather than teach the truth. (Acts 20:30; 2 Peter 2:1-3; 1 Timothy 4:1, 3)
This might have happened in later times because of the apostasy that was foretold...but it is God's word and he would not allow tampering. If we cannot count on the Bible as the word of God and protected by him, then all scripture is useless.

No errors that I am aware of.....do you want to discuss any specifics?

Please excuse the mangled bullet points....they are a nightmare to quote when you can't get rid of the numbers. :confused:
Deeje " He did not need to. He told his disciples that the holy spirit would teach them and bring back to their minds all the things he taught them. (John 14:26)"

The first sentence is one's own guesswork only not from Jesus .
The next is the third person narration of the sinful scribe/narrator not from Jesus, please. Right friend, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
For me personally, I look for key words an individual may say which will open the opportunity. Many times when conversing with people you do not know, they will mention church, or God, or a religious topic, which allows me to incorporate a couple of Bible passages into the conversation. Usually it is easy to see their interest.

If I initiate a conversation, usually with someone I have had multiple contacts with but generally do not know them well, I simply ask if they believe in God, most every time that strikes up a conversation.

A pioneer is one who dedicates a large amount of hours in the ministry each month, most of us do not pioneer.

The salvation of an individual is based on their relationship with God, and Jesus gave the assignment to teach all the things he commanded, Mat 28:20, so all Christians become his disciples, and we have the goal of completing that assignment, Mat 24:14. I posted this thread, to reach new ones who are curious about our faith.

Thank you much for you question, I hope that I have helped.

The first step of everlasting life is found at Jn 17:3, which shows we have to come to know God. One of the first things you learn about someone you have a relationship with is their name. Many have heard God's name, but most cannot say it when asked, so to finish today I would like to leave you with a passage where in most Bible versions you can find God's name: (Psalm 83:18) . . .May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth. . .

Thanks again for the opportunity to speak with you
capumetu " If I initiate a conversation, usually with someone I have had multiple contacts with but generally do not know them well, I simply ask if they believe in God, most every time that strikes up a conversation."

One asks a wrong question and misrepresent Jesus, I understand. Jesus is not G-d, as I figure, Jesus only worshiped "God-the-Father" and always prayed to "God-the-Father", please. Like Mary never worshiped Jesus and never prayed to Jesus, please. Please quote from Jesus and or Mary, if I am wrong, here. Right friend, please?

Regards

capumetu

JW's are as wrong as say the Catholics and or Protestants or other denominations that follow the Pauline Christianity instead of the Jesus' good and reasonable teachings, I understand, please. Right friend, please?

Regards

I am not really sure what you are asking sir, Jesus personally selected Paul to be an apostle. His teachings do not contradict Jesus, and are recorded in God's Holy Word from His inspiration.

capumetu

capumetu " If I initiate a conversation, usually with someone I have had multiple contacts with but generally do not know them well, I simply ask if they believe in God, most every time that strikes up a conversation."

One asks a wrong question and misrepresent Jesus, I understand. Jesus is not G-d, as I figure, Jesus only worshiped "God-the-Father" and always prayed to "God-the-Father", please. Like Mary never worshiped Jesus and never prayed to Jesus, please. Please quote from Jesus and or Mary, if I am wrong, here. Right friend, please?

Regards

You are correct sir. Jesus is Jehovah's son. Jesus quoted Deut 6:13 to satan stating: It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and to Him alone render sacred service.

He taught his followers how to pray at Mat 6:9 to pray to his Father just like you said.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I am not really sure what you are asking sir, Jesus personally selected Paul to be an apostle. His teachings do not contradict Jesus, and are recorded in God's Holy Word from His inspiration.
Innocent Jesus never selected sinful Paul, I understand. How does one know that sinful Paul was selected by innocent Jesus, please? Sinful Paul just faked a vision and self-proclaimed himself a disciple of innocent Jesus, otherwise Paul was never in the company of innocent Jesus and had never been taught by innocent Jesus anything ever, please. Right friend, please?
Innocent Jesus never hinted to innocent Mary and other disciples that after him sinful Paul will be his successor, please. Right friend, please?

Regards

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Deeje " He did not need to. He told his disciples that the holy spirit would teach them and bring back to their minds all the things he taught them. (John 14:26)"

In context this scripture is a direct quote from Jesus in answer to a question posed to him by one of his apostles....

“In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not observe my words. The word that you are hearing is not mine, but belongs to the Father who sent me.

25 I have spoken these things to you while I am still with you. 26 But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you. 27 I leave you peace; I give you my peace. I do not give it to you the way that the world gives it. Do not let your hearts be troubled nor let them shrink out of fear. 28 You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am. 29 So now I have told you before it occurs, so that you may believe when it does occur. 30 I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me. 31 But for the world to know that I love the Father, I am doing just as the Father has commanded me to do.”
(John 14:23-31)

John was quoting Jesus’ own words, which he said had come from his Father. We would not ever know what Jesus said if the apostles and other Bible writers had not recorded them. Do you not believe that God is powerful enough to oversee the recording and preservation his word from contamination? I do......
Interpretation is another matter.

The first sentence is one's own guesswork only not from Jesus.

There is no guesswork....the apostle John was a close companion of Jesus throughout his entire ministry. What is recorded is there because God, by his spirit, chose what was to be included in Christian scripture. Those who are not Christians are not in a position to question what is God’s word and what is not.

Are you a Christian? If not, then what is included in Christian scripture is not your scripture...just as what is included in Islamic scripture is not our scripture....and what is included in Hindu writings is not our scripture either. We choose what we accept as scripture for our own reasons, and God allows us to choose because that is how he judges us....our heart’s response to his truth. No ne can come to God and except through Jesus, and no matter ne can come to Jesus without an invitation from the Father. (John 14:6; John 6:44, 65)

The next is the third person narration of the sinful scribe/narrator not from Jesus, please. Right friend, please?

Are you telling me or asking me? I am telling you as a Christian and a student of God’s word, that you are mistaken. The apostle John was inspired by God’s spirit to recall and record what were the most important aspects of his personal experience with Jesus. All of the apostles were, including Paul, who was personally selected by Jesus for a special assignment...to take the Christian message to the gentile nation’s. He was educated and enjoyed the benefits of Roman citizenship, which in that assignment was advantageous.

Who are you to question any of that? Who is Jesus to you? Merely a prophet?...or the son of God who was sent from heaven to redeem mankind? Please....?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
In context this scripture is a direct quote from Jesus in answer to a question posed to him by one of his apostles....

“In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not observe my words. The word that you are hearing is not mine, but belongs to the Father who sent me.

25 I have spoken these things to you while I am still with you. 26 But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you. 27 I leave you peace; I give you my peace. I do not give it to you the way that the world gives it. Do not let your hearts be troubled nor let them shrink out of fear. 28 You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am. 29 So now I have told you before it occurs, so that you may believe when it does occur. 30 I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me. 31 But for the world to know that I love the Father, I am doing just as the Father has commanded me to do.”
(John 14:23-31)

John was quoting Jesus’ own words, which he said had come from his Father. We would not ever know what Jesus said if the apostles and other Bible writers had not recorded them. Do you not believe that God is powerful enough to oversee the recording and preservation his word from contamination? I do......
Interpretation is another matter.

There is no guesswork....the apostle John was a close companion of Jesus throughout his entire ministry. What is recorded is there because God, by his spirit, chose what was to be included in Christian scripture. Those who are not Christians are not in a position to question what is God’s word and what is not.

Are you a Christian? If not, then what is included in Christian scripture is not your scripture...just as what is included in Islamic scripture is not our scripture....and what is included in Hindu writings is not our scripture either. We choose what we accept as scripture for our own reasons, and God allows us to choose because that is how he judges us....our heart’s response to his truth. No ne can come to God and except through Jesus, and no matter ne can come to Jesus without an invitation from the Father. (John 14:6; John 6:44, 65)

Are you telling me or asking me? I am telling you as a Christian and a student of God’s word, that you are mistaken. The apostle John was inspired by God’s spirit to recall and record what were the most important aspects of his personal experience with Jesus. All of the apostles were, including Paul, who was personally selected by Jesus for a special assignment...to take the Christian message to the gentile nation’s. He was educated and enjoyed the benefits of Roman citizenship, which in that assignment was advantageous.

Who are you to question any of that? Who is Jesus to you? Merely a prophet?...or the son of God who was sent from heaven to redeem mankind? Please....?
I understand, it (John) is a third person anonymous document/narration only named after sinful John for credulity, neither written by innocent Jesus nor dictated to sinful John by innocent Jesus, please.
If it was written by innocent Jesus or dictated to sinful John, then please quote from innocent Jesus in this connection , please. Right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I understand, it (John) is a third person anonymous document/narration only named after sinful John for credulity, neither written by innocent Jesus nor dictated to sinful John by innocent Jesus, please.
If it was written by innocent Jesus or dictated to sinful John, then please quote from innocent Jesus in this connection , please. Right, please?

I already quoted Jesus.

"In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not observe my words. The word that you are hearing is not mine, but belongs to the Father who sent me."

What is the point of your argument? I have no idea where you got your information about "(John) is a third person anonymous document/narration only named after sinful John for credulity, neither written by innocent Jesus nor dictated to sinful John by innocent Jesus.".....but it not true.

If you are not a Christian then what you believe about John does not concern me at all. People say a lot of things that are simply not true. You can believe whatever you wish...

capumetu

Innocent Jesus never selected sinful Paul, I understand. How does one know that sinful Paul was selected by innocent Jesus, please? Sinful Paul just faked a vision and self-proclaimed himself a disciple of innocent Jesus, otherwise Paul was never in the company of innocent Jesus and had never been taught by innocent Jesus anything ever, please. Right friend, please?
Innocent Jesus never hinted to innocent Mary and other disciples that after him sinful Paul will be his successor, please. Right friend, please?

Regards

Sure:
(Acts 9:3-6) . . .as he was traveling and getting near Damascus, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him, 4 and he fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him: “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” 5 He asked: “Who are you, Lord?” He said: “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6 But get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.. . .15 But the Lord said to him: “Go! because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel. 16 For I will show him plainly how many things he must suffer for my name.”

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Let me ask you this.
If the Jews are looking for a kingdom, is it a JW kingdom?
I see ‘Kingdom Hall of JW’ on many of the JW buildings.
Is the NWT error free?
I appreciate your patience. I have not had the pleasure of engaging with a JW. I think I am the only person in which a JW refused to come into my home after I invited them... true story... lol.
“All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭8:8-9‬ ‭KJV

I would think one would want to ask a Jewish person about their looking for a kingdom.
Years ago one young Jewish man told me he was Not looking for any Messiah to come, thus to me No connection to a kingdom.
Daniel 2:44 of course is found in the old Hebrew Scriptures, but that kingdom of God is what Jesus emphasized - Luke 4:43; Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
A house of worship is Not a church because the church is the congregation itself and Not a building.
Because of Matthew 24:14 being about God's kingdom is a main reason why the building is called a Kingdom Hall.
Have you ever considered that God's kingdom is a real government _________
A real government in the hands of Christ Jesus for a coming thousand years over Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26
- www.jw.org

capumetu

Yes sir it does, our translators tried their best to be as accurate as possible, but unfortunately at this time we are all still imperfect, limited in our abilities. Translationists are not inspired sir, only the original writings were inspired of God.

As an opinion I believe it is the most accurate version available. If you prefer not to use it, I would recommend the American Standard version, followed by the King James Version. Using multiple versions can help in understanding as well. Any of those versions will be able to help you to know God and obey the gospel of Jesus.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes sir it does, our translators tried their best to be as accurate as possible, but unfortunately at this time we are all still imperfect, limited in our abilities. Translationists are not inspired sir, only the original writings were inspired of God.

As an opinion I believe it is the most accurate version available. If you prefer not to use it, I would recommend the American Standard version, followed by the King James Version. Using multiple versions can help in understanding as well. Any of those versions will be able to help you to know God and obey the gospel of Jesus.
I figure, innocent Jesus spoke his words in his mother tongue Aramaic, does Christianity have those original with them, please. I understand, they have none, please. Right friend, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I figure, innocent Jesus spoke his words in his mother tongue Aramaic, does Christianity have those original with them, please. I understand, they have none, please. Right friend, please?

Regards

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I figure, innocent Jesus spoke his words in his mother tongue Aramaic, does Christianity have those original with them, please. I understand, they have none, please. Right friend, please? Regards

We do have the the old Hebrew cross-reference corresponding parallel verses and passages in which to compare.
Or, as 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says that 'ALL Scripture is inspired by God' , thus God is the Author, Not Jesus.
So, when Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " It is written....." Jesus meant already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures (OT)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
capumetu said:

Regards
Do the Christianity have the four Gospels in Aramaic from which they have the present translations, please. I understand that they don't have, please?
Right friend, please?

Regards

capumetu

Regards

Regards
It is quite possible that Jesus spoke Aramaic, there is a lot of debate on which language he spoke. As far as Jehovah's witnesses know, no part of the original writings exist. The Bible that existed in Jesus' day was the Greek Septuagint, and actually some pieces of copies dating to his time period still exist.

capumetu

capumetu said:

Do the Christianity have the four Gospels in Aramaic from which they have the present translations, please. I understand that they don't have, please?
Right friend, please?

Regards
As far as I know sir, we have no writings in Aramaic, however my research shows nearly 1 million people still speak some form of it. Logically they would have to be bi-lingual to be functional in today's society. One thing is for certain, Jehovah will see to it they are reached with His word Mat 24:14

Love God

I would think one would want to ask a Jewish person about their looking for a kingdom.
Years ago one young Jewish man told me he was Not looking for any Messiah to come, thus to me No connection to a kingdom.
Daniel 2:44 of course is found in the old Hebrew Scriptures, but that kingdom of God is what Jesus emphasized - Luke 4:43; Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
A house of worship is Not a church because the church is the congregation itself and Not a building.
Because of Matthew 24:14 being about God's kingdom is a main reason why the building is called a Kingdom Hall.
Have you ever considered that God's kingdom is a real government _________
A real government in the hands of Christ Jesus for a coming thousand years over Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26
- www.jw.org

The Jews missed the first coming of the messiah.
That much is clear.

I do want to know if the NWT contains errors?

If the NWT contains errors, how do you know? What knowledge or standard do you have to judge what is error and what is not?