• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any questions about the Jehovah's witness faith?

capumetu

I am one of Jehovah's witnesses, just recently started posting here, am still learning how this site works, so I apologize if I am not quick on the response. I will answer all questions about my faith to the best of my ability, and I monitor this site every morning. Feel free to be honest, I do not get offended.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am one of Jehovah's witnesses, just recently started posting here, am still learning how this site works, so I apologize if I am not quick on the response. I will answer all questions about my faith to the best of my ability, and I monitor this site every morning. Feel free to be honest, I do not get offended.

I wanted to throw in to let the readers know you're asking/answering genuine questions about your faith without means of convincing or proselytizing. Sometimes people jump to conclusions before assessing or asking the intentions of posts before replying. Here's a good forum for question-threads Religions Q&A

I've only ran across JW in person about ten years ago. A nice couple and we understood each other well. Something that bothers me about JW, though, is witnessing or (as I read) pioneering. For you personally, how do you draw the line (or do you) telling one stranger about Jehovah and not other?

Many JW said they don't push their beliefs on others, but it's more so the intentions of convert not whether the other says yes or no. I read about the practice but not quite sure if JW see the immorality of it outside their own intentions overriding others.

ValdresRose

I will answer all questions about my faith to the best of my ability,
Let's suppose, for just 1 day, that you reverse your request: "You will ask all questions about everyone's worldviews to the best of your ability."

In other words, try to come here and learn something instead of coming here to tell us how it's going to be from your point of view. Start by asking how Paul (Saul) got his license to become a missionary.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I sometimes wonder what the faith is of the people who own/run RF, but I am unable to find that out. Its a secret! So, be my consultant: What signs should I look for to determine whether it is owned by someone in your church?

PureX

Veteran Member
Why should anyone care about how you and your fellow JWs have chosen to perceive God and your place in the world?

I'm not trying to be insulting, but your post implies that we would be, and I'm puzzled by that. Why do you assume that we would assume your views on God and existence are worthy of our inquiry. Are our views on such worthy of your inquiry? I am a non-religious (philosophical) taoist/Christian. Are you feeling inspired to know more about this? Should you be?

Anyway, welcome to 'crazy parade'. :)

Heyo

Veteran Member
I do have an unanswered question. I.e. I only got vague or contradicting answers until now. (Actually a set of questions.)
Is there a formal, official policy on education?
If, yes, what is it and/or where can I find it?
Is that universal or different in different regions?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

How important is the WatchTower magazine in relation to the bible?

Does JW organization teach to use scripture citations for all religious christian discussions?

To JW (and from their point of view rather than scripture references), what is god? An entity? A spirit/ghost? A force? Something invisible? A feeling? and how does this differ than other christian denominations?

Does what JW most value on earth at less importance than what they value of their faith?

Is it possible in JW tradition to evangelize christ by letting how they live and what they do draw people to christ without needing a verbal introduction? (Pioneer by example not by speech)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Does it bother you that the vast majority of JW, here and elsewhere, will say you're not actually a JW because your self-admitted disfellowshipped for apostate status?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
How important is the WatchTower magazine in relation to the bible?
Does JW organization teach to use scripture citations for all religious christian discussions?
To JW (and from their point of view rather than scripture references), what is god? An entity? A spirit/ghost? A force? Something invisible? A feeling? and how does this differ than other christian denominations?
Does what JW most value on earth at less importance than what they value of their faith?
Is it possible in JW tradition to evangelize christ by letting how they live and what they do draw people to christ without needing a verbal introduction? (Pioneer by example not by speech)

Research answers can be found at www.jw.org
Like the people of Acts of the Apostles 17:11 who searched or researched the Scriptures 'daily' to see if things were so. They did Not give up.

danieldemol

Premium Member
How do you put up with the false prophecy in the NWT bible?

For example what about Daniel 9:26,
"And after the 62 weeks, Mes·siʹah will be cut off,*+ with nothing for himself.+“And the people of a leader who is coming will destroy the city and the holy place.+ And its end will be by the flood."(NWT)

But wasn't the city of Jerusalem destroyed by fire and not by flood?

capumetu

I wanted to throw in to let the readers know you're asking/answering genuine questions about your faith without means of convincing or proselytizing. Sometimes people jump to conclusions before assessing or asking the intentions of posts before replying. Here's a good forum for question-threads Religions Q&A

I've only ran across JW in person about ten years ago. A nice couple and we understood each other well. Something that bothers me about JW, though, is witnessing or (as I read) pioneering. For you personally, how do you draw the line (or do you) telling one stranger about Jehovah and not other?

Many JW said they don't push their beliefs on others, but it's more so the intentions of convert not whether the other says yes or no. I read about the practice but not quite sure if JW see the immorality of it outside their own intentions overriding others.

For me personally, I look for key words an individual may say which will open the opportunity. Many times when conversing with people you do not know, they will mention church, or God, or a religious topic, which allows me to incorporate a couple of Bible passages into the conversation. Usually it is easy to see their interest.

If I initiate a conversation, usually with someone I have had multiple contacts with but generally do not know them well, I simply ask if they believe in God, most every time that strikes up a conversation.

A pioneer is one who dedicates a large amount of hours in the ministry each month, most of us do not pioneer.

The salvation of an individual is based on their relationship with God, and Jesus gave the assignment to teach all the things he commanded, Mat 28:20, so all Christians become his disciples, and we have the goal of completing that assignment, Mat 24:14. I posted this thread, to reach new ones who are curious about our faith.

Thank you much for you question, I hope that I have helped.

The first step of everlasting life is found at Jn 17:3, which shows we have to come to know God. One of the first things you learn about someone you have a relationship with is their name. Many have heard God's name, but most cannot say it when asked, so to finish today I would like to leave you with a passage where in most Bible versions you can find God's name: (Psalm 83:18) . . .May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth. . .

Thanks again for the opportunity to speak with you

capumetu

Let's suppose, for just 1 day, that you reverse your request: "You will ask all questions about everyone's worldviews to the best of your ability."

In other words, try to come here and learn something instead of coming here to tell us how it's going to be from your point of view. Start by asking how Paul (Saul) got his license to become a missionary.

He is one of the most interesting for sure sir. Paul was a highly educated, zealous person of God. He was a Pharisee as well as a Roman citizen. He was a stickler for the Law, and persecuted the new found faith of Christianity. Obviously he had a sincere heart, and truly wanted to serve God in the way He desired, therefore Jesus personally selected him to be an apostle to the nations. He selection is recorded for us in the Bible at Acts 9:1-22

Thanks for the question sir.

capumetu

I sometimes wonder what the faith is of the people who own/run RF, but I am unable to find that out. Its a secret! So, be my consultant: What signs should I look for to determine whether it is owned by someone in your church?

I do not know either sir, but I am very sure they are not Jehovah's witnesses.

capumetu

Why should anyone care about how you and your fellow JWs have chosen to perceive God and your place in the world?

I'm not trying to be insulting, but your post implies that we would be, and I'm puzzled by that. Why do you assume that we would assume your views on God and existence are worthy of our inquiry. Are our views on such worthy of your inquiry? I am a non-religious (philosophical) taoist/Christian. Are you feeling inspired to know more about this? Should you be?

Anyway, welcome to 'crazy parade'. :)

Why did you respond? No offense taken sir, but many hear things about our faith, but I want to offer to anyone who might be curious the opportunity to hear our actual beliefs rather than gossip.

capumetu

I do have an unanswered question. I.e. I only got vague or contradicting answers until now. (Actually a set of questions.)
Is there a formal, official policy on education?
If, yes, what is it and/or where can I find it?
Is that universal or different in different regions?

Hi Heyo, no sir, but we are adamant on Biblical education Isa 2:2,3; Mat 28:19,20, as well as application.

We do not promote secular education beyond the necessary, however we do urge those in school to do their best. Sometimes a higher education is promoted if it can be used in Jehovah's service, such as attorneys or doctors, or construction engineers.

We have a website JW.org, which is a bit difficult to navigate, but keywords in search may help to find policies on subjects. We are not affiliated with other faiths, so I would not be able to give input on how they feel about secular education.

I hope I have been of help to you sir, thanks much for your sincere question.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
For me personally, I look for key words an individual may say which will open the opportunity. Many times when conversing with people you do not know, they will mention church, or God, or a religious topic, which allows me to incorporate a couple of Bible passages into the conversation. Usually it is easy to see their interest.

If I initiate a conversation, usually with someone I have had multiple contacts with but generally do not know them well, I simply ask if they believe in God, most every time that strikes up a conversation.

A pioneer is one who dedicates a large amount of hours in the ministry each month, most of us do not pioneer.

The salvation of an individual is based on their relationship with God, and Jesus gave the assignment to teach all the things he commanded, Mat 28:20, so all Christians become his disciples, and we have the goal of completing that assignment, Mat 24:14. I posted this thread, to reach new ones who are curious about our faith.

Thank you much for you question, I hope that I have helped.

The first step of everlasting life is found at Jn 17:3, which shows we have to come to know God. One of the first things you learn about someone you have a relationship with is their name. Many have heard God's name, but most cannot say it when asked, so to finish today I would like to leave you with a passage where in most Bible versions you can find God's name: (Psalm 83:18) . . .May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth. . .

Thanks again for the opportunity to speak with you

I was thinking when I enter a conversation with someone about god, I usually don't expect verses (unless I'm in a study session or so have you). What it does is assume that if someone believes in god they have the same line of reasoning as you and other people do. On RF it may exchange into a debate because walking in the door when someone opens the opportunity also invites huge disagreements since majority of people aren't Jehovah's Witnesses. There's a backlash especially when either party are not interested in the other person's point of view or faith even. How would you respectfully learn and approach someone who believes in a non-christian god? How would you approach and learn from a Catholic? How would you approach someone who is gay?

These questions can draw the line with strangers between someone who is genuinely interested in what you (JW) have to say and the verse quoting is like throwing "arrows" to hit a goal. Instead, it's easier to learn from the other person "without" means to pioneer. It also helps to set the bible aside to talk in your own words.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hi Heyo, no sir, but we are adamant on Biblical education Isa 2:2,3; Mat 28:19,20, as well as application.

We do not promote secular education beyond the necessary, however we do urge those in school to do their best. Sometimes a higher education is promoted if it can be used in Jehovah's service, such as attorneys or doctors, or construction engineers.

We have a website JW.org, which is a bit difficult to navigate, but keywords in search may help to find policies on subjects. We are not affiliated with other faiths, so I would not be able to give input on how they feel about secular education.

I hope I have been of help to you sir, thanks much for your sincere question.
Thank you for your sincere answer.
When the question arises from within a debate, people are in "fight or flight" mode and clear answers are difficult to get.