• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Quakers?

lombas

Society of Brethren
Why did you left and joined the LDS, if I may ask?

I've heard about a lot of Quakers leaving and a lot of people from non-Quaker families joining - I personally think it's a good thing, shows that people can make up their own mind and choose the religion or faith they want to.

Aqualung

Tasty
Why did you left and joined the LDS, if I may ask?
I like religious debate, and I had the good fortune of debating religion with a Mormon. Mormons can answer all the questions, after all, :D so that made me want to look into the church more. Taking the advice of the Book of Mormon, I read it and prayed about it, and then joined.

I've heard about a lot of Quakers leaving and a lot of people from non-Quaker families joining - I personally think it's a good thing, shows that people can make up their own mind and choose the religion or faith they want to.
My family joined the Quaker church from the Lutheran tradition. (Actually, it went Lutheran -> Baptist -> JW -> Quaker)

lombas

Society of Brethren
I like religious debate, and I had the good fortune of debating religion with a Mormon. Mormons can answer all the questions, after all, :D so that made me want to look into the church more. Taking the advice of the Book of Mormon, I read it and prayed about it, and then joined.

I'm glad you found something you feel comfortable about.

My family joined the Quaker church from the Lutheran tradition. (Actually, it went Lutheran -> Baptist -> JW -> Quaker)

Beautiful. Quite the journey.

:)