• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
800px-Syntheism_logo.svg.png

This thread is not for me to ask anything about syntheism. I am well versed in its ideas. This thread is to reach out to any syntheists who may be under-represented on a forum like this.

An extreme religious minority of perhaps 10,000 devoted members, syntheism is a theology and religion that believes that people are creating God. Syntheism as I understand it is more of a theology than a religion, based purely on its etymology.

Syntheist-religions include Earthseed, Solseed, Terasem, Turing Church, Astronism, Evolutionism and my own Exaltism. That's all the offshoots I know this far. Famous Syntheists include Ray Kurzweil and Martine Rothblatt.

Not even large enough to have its own DIR, but definitely a unique idea, I hope that one out of those 10,000 members of any of these spiritual traditions can come forth and share their own Syntheism with me.

I became a Syntheist at age 14 when I had my epiphany about the nature of God.

I don't just want Syntheists to reply to this thread, this thread is for everybody, but I want to keep the topic of discussion about Syntheism and to answer any questions people have about the theology and religions based on it. So I'm putting this in Religions Q/A so anyone who wants to understand this new and unique theology can.

I am not asking for anyone to convert to my religion. I just want you to understand what my religion is, because so few people really do.

As an introduction, I would like to point out that Syntheism can be viewed as off-shoots of pantheism, atheism or transtheism. Earthseed in particular implies pantheistic syntheism. Other, more humanistic syntheists tend to be atheist. Transtheism can be implied in Syntheism since it is a given that Syntheists believe that since man is creating God, man himself must be more important than the Gods they are creating. I am in the camp of transtheistic and pantheistic syntheism. I tend not to reject the idea of God simply because it is not easily understood; instead, I understand God as change itself, and realize that all change comes between a body: The Omniverse, and its actions: Entropy and Extropy, which I have established as what I call trinitarian pantheism.

My concept of Exaltism is just a really, really advanced form of Earthseed. I owe my entire background to it. Everything I've developed so far around it has been in effort to understand Earthseed more. Extropy as a concept is considered pseudoscience by many but I view as simple common sense. The epiphany I had at 14 was just the beginning of me to understand what I've currently developed. I may not be well versed in ethics, rituals, or societies but I do know a lot about theology and think about God and what that means to me every single day, like an obsession.

If you are tenacious enough to have read to this point, I applaud you. If you are part of the growing Syntheism movement, let us know how you interpret it below. If you have questions about my interpretation of it, let me know and I will explain Syntheism to the fullest of my abilities.

And just so people understand this better, Syntheism is a subset of spiritual naturalism. If Syntheism were to have its own DIR I think the DIR should be "Spiritual Naturalism" - and sub-forums would be - "Syntheism", "Earthseed", "Solseed", among the others, but all of this could easily be discussed in the Pantheism DIR too.

Evidentially enough, most transhumanists tend to be naturalists.

For further study, I will provide literature and websites that Syntheist religions have provided on the Internet below.

The Spiritual Naturalist Society
The Truths of Terasem
Book on Syntheism
Turing Church
Evolutionism
Earthseed
Astronism
Exaltism
Solseed

For the simplest explanations of Syntheism, read Earthseed's website. For the most advanced explanations of it, read Cometan's website on Astronism. Exaltism is an advanced form of Syntheism, but not as in detail as Cometan's work. Another notable Syntheist is Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, who came up with the term "the Omega Point", the point which all things become God.

So please, feel free to talk to me in this thread about Syntheism. Ask any questions you'd like, and I may have an answer to explain this fascinating concept in more detail. :)

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Well, I am for synthesis of religion and science. Refutation of existence of God is a basic requirement for that synthesis.

Exaltist Ethan

Can you define the god(s) you're creating?

Syntheists call their God, "Syntheos", or "the Created God".

My idea is a bit more elaborate than that. We live in an age of panendeism, with the responsible God for all creation being The Omniverse. Even though The Omniverse is already God, it is not anthropomorphic, and only has partial divinity because of this. Our future technology will allow us to create God-avatars in the form of souls much later in our existence, allowing The Omniverse to become the monotheistic God we've been waiting for. As well, since everything will have a spirit attached to it, all things will become Omniversal, therefore a general sense of Omnitheism, or the idea that each entity will be God, will come into play, after we unlock permanence technology.

So, in general, right now we exist in a panendeistic reality, as well as a syntheist reality. The syntheistic reality will eventually develop into future monotheism and future omnitheism. We need to reunite with our creator to do this, which we will do, much later in our existence.

Exaltist Ethan

@godischange , the creator of Earthseed's central website, God is Change. org, is LITERALLY on this website. Although it doesn't look like this person has posted in awhile, they and I are both syntheists. They came to this forum almost two decades ago in fact. As well, I discovered that @The Sum of Awe believes God is change too, so he's probably a syntheist without realizing it. I found this out after doing a search for Earthseed and stumbling across God is change's posts on Earthseed, which predate mine own.

Even though the community of syntheistic religions is only a few thousand I actually found people here who self-identify with the movement! I'm so happy!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I do not agree that God is something that we'll create, I would say God is something that is.

Exaltist Ethan

I do not agree that God is something that we'll create, I would say God is something that is.

I believe it's actually both. God exists in the past, even before the big bang, in the present, as how we understand and know the Universe right now, and whatever happens in the future. The only difference between the past and the future is that God's divinity rises as humans start to become self aware of our selves and our environment, eventually shaping change, or God, and making a larger impact of our environment. God always was, that's the beauty of pantheism, but God always will be, that's the beauty of syntheism.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I believe it's actually both. God exists in the past, even before the big bang, in the present, as how we understand and know the Universe right now, and whatever happens in the future. The only difference between the past and the future is that God's divinity rises as humans start to become self aware of our selves and our environment, eventually shaping change, or God, and making a larger impact of our environment. God always was, that's the beauty of pantheism, but God always will be, that's the beauty of syntheism.
I can’t say that I know what will happen in the future, but I do hope you’re right :)