• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Other Pentecostal?

millerrod

Brother
Rod here I moved here from Christian Forums it seems more fertial ground here to help shine christ. i wont be in here much but i will be on the forum where the unsaved are. See your light around:angel2:

Izdaari

Emergent Anglo-Catholic
I'm a Pentecostal, albeit a slightly unusual one. By theology, I'd say I'm a moderate (not moderate in zeal for the Lord, but in between liberal and conservative) charismissional Anglican-Lutheran; but I also believe my particular AG congregation is a wonderful spiritual home that God led me to, and that's much more important to me than small doctrinal differences.

+Xausted

I was brought up as a Pentecostal, and many of my extended family still are. However I left many years ago

Raised Baptist. Now Catholic, but a charismatic one! So hi brothers and sisters of Christ Jesus!!! May we find more similarities than differences and more love than strife!

Preacher_LaFleur

C.O.G.I.C.
I am new to this forum and I am pentecostal as well. I belong to the denomination called the Church Of God in Christ, better known as C.O.G.I.C.

Preacher_LaFleur

C.O.G.I.C.
Raised Baptist. Now Catholic, but a charismatic one! So hi brothers and sisters of Christ Jesus!!! May we find more similarities than differences and more love than strife!

I am really interested in knowing how Catholicism can inner twine with charisma? I don't mean any harm, but the whole purpose of being protestant is to be anti-catholic in the second place. I am interested in what similarities you can possibly correlate. I just don't see them. Its almost as different as Jehovah's witness and Charismatics having similarities. It Just doesn't pass the smell test but i am open to a explanation.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
the whole purpose of being protestant is to be anti-catholic in the second place.
Really? That's amazing. I would have thought that the whole purpose of being Protestant in the first, second and third place would be to worship the Savior. Man, I learn something new every day.
I am interested in what similarities you can possibly correlate.
Well, I'm not a Catholic, but I just can't help but think that a belief in Jesus Christ as the Savior of the World might be one similarity... that is, if you don't consider it too insignificant to mention. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Preacher_LaFleur

C.O.G.I.C.
Really? That's amazing. I would have thought that the whole purpose of being Protestant in the first, second and third place would be to worship the Savior. Man, I learn something new every day.
Well, I'm not a Catholic, but I just can't help but think that a belief in Jesus Christ as the Savior of the World might be one similarity... that is, if you don't consider it too insignificant to mention. :rolleyes:[/

I don't consider it to insignificant to consider, however that was obvious. If the Catholic views were not questionable in the first place, there would have never been a reformation, a 95 thesis and a protestant movement.

Izdaari

Emergent Anglo-Catholic
I am really interested in knowing how Catholicism can inner twine with charisma? I don't mean any harm, but the whole purpose of being protestant is to be anti-catholic in the second place. I am interested in what similarities you can possibly correlate. I just don't see them. Its almost as different as Jehovah's witness and Charismatics having similarities. It Just doesn't pass the smell test but i am open to a explanation.
The Catholic Charismatic Renewal is actually a pretty big movement within the Catholic Church, and was endorsed by Pope John Paul II.

I am Protestant in that my church (AG) is descended from the Wesleyan tradition, which in turn came out of the Church of England. I am not Protestant in the sense of being opposed to all things Catholic. I disagree with Catholics on a lot of theology and practices, enough so that I think Luther and the other Reformers did the right thing in splitting off, but there's a lot Catholics have gotten right, and there are some things they do better than most Protestants.

Last edited: