• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Other Pentecostal?

Dentonz

JesusIsTheWay said:
I am just curious if there are any other Pentecostals that visit this site...

:shout Roll Call! :shout

Howdy!! Yeah man there's at least one more. I don't visit to often, cause sometimes it seems like I'm the only one that actually believes what the Bible says. Keep your head up, theres a few of us fire breathers out there. And truly Jesus is the way.

Denton

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Dentonz said:
Howdy!! Yeah man there's at least one more. I don't visit to often, cause sometimes it seems like I'm the only one that actually believes what the Bible says. Keep your head up, theres a few of us fire breathers out there. And truly Jesus is the way.
I'm really not trying to pick a fight (particularly since I'm aware that this is not a debate forum), but I think a lot of people here -- me included -- actually believe what the Bible says. Maybe we don't interpret everything in the Bible exactly as you do, but that certainly doesn't mean we don't believe it. Don't you think that statements like yours tend to divide rather than unite? After all, He suffered and died for all of us -- not just for those who interpret the Bible one particular way.

Dentonz

Katzpur said:
I'm really not trying to pick a fight (particularly since I'm aware that this is not a debate forum), but I think a lot of people here -- me included -- actually believe what the Bible says. Maybe we don't interpret everything in the Bible exactly as you do, but that certainly doesn't mean we don't believe it. Don't you think that statements like yours tend to divide rather than unite? After all, He suffered and died for all of us -- not just for those who interpret the Bible one particular way.
I happen to be talking to other pentecostals in a non-debate forum. And what I said was, is sometimes I feel that way. I'm sure the people I was talking to understood what I meant. And even you have to agree, there are some extremely far-fetched interpretations on this website. I didn't even mention a certain group, so I meant no offense to any individual.

Denton

Dentonz

gojuwarrior1 said:
I am pentecostal
Welcome, I haven't seen you on here before. Are you a martial artist (your name kind of gives me that conclusion)?
Anyway stick around and you'll learn some interesting stuff. This forum is full of it.

Denton

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Thought I'd share something. I was running REALLY late for church on Sunday, so I went to my mother's church. Their service starts 45 minutes later and I REALLY wanted to take communion. She goes to a very sweet Lutheran church right down the road and ironcially, the sermon was about being exciting about your faith...that Lutherans shouldn't be afraid to get a little charismatic like their Pentecostal brothers and sisters to. :)

Couldn't help but to give a happy and friendly AMEN to that!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
dawny0826 said:
Thought I'd share something. I was running REALLY late for church on Sunday, so I went to my mother's church. Their service starts 45 minutes later and I REALLY wanted to take communion. She goes to a very sweet Lutheran church right down the road and ironcially, the sermon was about being exciting about your faith...that Lutherans shouldn't be afraid to get a little charismatic like their Pentecostal brothers and sisters to. :)

Couldn't help but to give a happy and friendly AMEN to that!
Okay, I'm really going to try not to take this thread off track. But your comments reminded me of something a scholar at BYU said in a paper he presented a few years back. He said that in trying to develop an understanding and respect for religions other than our own, we should strive to leave room for something he referred to as "holy envy." You just described a perfect example of what he meant. He said:

"[Holy envy is] the idea of looking at another faith and saying, you know, there is something in this other religious tradition that I really envy. I value it; I wish we had it. I can learn something from it."

I'm glad the pastor at your Mom's church was able to recognize the value in "Holy Envy."

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Katzpur said:
Okay, I'm really going to try not to take this thread off track. But your comments reminded me of something a scholar at BYU said in a paper he presented a few years back. He said that in trying to develop an understanding and respect for religions other than our own, we should strive to leave room for something he referred to as "holy envy." You just described a perfect example of what he meant. He said:

"[Holy envy is] the idea of looking at another faith and saying, you know, there is something in this other religious tradition that I really envy. I value it; I wish we had it. I can learn something from it."

I'm glad the pastor at your Mom's church was able to recognize the value in "Holy Envy."
Nice post, Katzpur! :) I truly think my Mom's Pastor thinks that way. In fact, I've been to her church before and he's said that he thinks it doesn't matter where you go to church...what denomination you choose for yourself...as long as you find a good church home where you grow in the spirit.

And my Mom herself, is a pretty unique little lady. She is a member of both a Lutheran and a Baptist church...goes to both and contributes financially to both. She loves both equally and delights in the differences between the two.

It felt really good to experience something different yesterday. I admit, it was a bit strange not to be able to give a good "Hallelujah" when something the Pastor said hit home but I still received the message and it just fills me with joy...that kind of joy that only Jesus gives, know what I mean? :)

God Bless. :)

Dentonz

Katzpur said:

Amen!! and Amen!!
I know I come across pretty hard-nosed sometimes, but I completey agree. Jesus is not bound by tradition or denomination. He is truly Lord of all who accept him.

Nimaj

I am pentacostal, an apostolic, one-name, Jesus' Name, deep water baptised, spirit filled pentacostal. I am also young. There seem to be very few pentacostals on this website.:sarcastic

Oh well.