• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any meal you prepare

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I know everyone have favorite meals or desserts. Vegetarian lovers, meat lovers, chocolate lovers, etc. Care to share any recipes of your favorite meals or dessert? Do you have a meal or a dessert that you make that's no where to be found that you would like to share? Your own recipe? I know that there is that secret recipe so if you do not want to share, I would understand.

*In Plankton's Voice*

plankton.jpg
"I will use Plan Z. Steal the secret RF Formula!Then I will steal YOUR secret recipe!"

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I have a 'cheat':D ; it is supposed to be the 'Dummy's answer to Cordon Bleu'

Chicken breasts, two tins of Campbell's mushroom soup, and a bit of butter.
Seal the chicken with a brisk hot fry, put it in a casserole dish, add the two tins of condensed soup, shove it in the oven, and Bob's your uncle.

Serve with Jacket potatoes if you like them, because they are ideal for all that sauce.....wow, I am salivating just thinking opf this.

This was originally a Cordion Bleu Recipe, in which you quick fry the mushrooms, use oodles of fresh cream, butter etc........Basically, it takes much more effort to make, is not as healthy as the other option, and with the above cheat, you can spend ages in the kitchen on RF whilst pretending to cook..............................

It Works!:biglaugh:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
michel said:

Chicken breasts, two tins of Campbell's mushroom soup, and a bit of butter.
Seal the chicken with a brisk hot fry, put it in a casserole dish, add the two tins of condensed soup, shove it in the oven, and Bob's your uncle.

Serve with Jacket potatoes if you like them, because they are ideal for all that sauce.....wow, I am salivating just thinking opf this.

This was originally a Cordion Bleu Recipe, in which you quick fry the mushrooms, use oodles of fresh cream, butter etc........Basically, it takes much more effort to make, is not as healthy as the other option, and with the above cheat, you can spend ages in the kitchen on RF whilst pretending to cook..............................

It Works!:biglaugh:

This is my mother's recipe! :eek: How the heck did it find its way to England?! :confused:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Seyorni said:
This is my mother's recipe! :eek: How the heck did it find its way to England?! :confused:

The question is, my friend, how did it find it's way to America!:biglaugh:

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
At work, we make a lot of meals with turkey. We purchase the rolled ground turkey because we have a budget every week. Especially when we have to feed up to 16 people a night.

Very easy and quick turkey meatloaf stuffed with spinach.

roll(s) of ground turkey
diced seasoned tomatoes in can (Italian is the best) or make your own
breadcrumbs
egg
mustard
thawed spinach(make sure you get rid of the water)or any vegetables
salt and pepper to taste
Some plastic wrap or wax paper for rolling

Mix all ingredients but the spinach.
flatten mixture to a square on plastic wrap or wax paper
flatten spinach on top of meat mixture.
Roll (Do not roll the plastic or wax paper in
laughing.gif
)

In a deep baking pan, place a rack covered with foil. Put wholes on foil so that the excess oil will drain down and not soak in the meatloaf.

You can either serve with mashed potatoes and gravy or make sandwiches.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Esther's World Famous Garlic Noodles​

Ingredients:
3 Boneless chicken breasts
2 Boxes of Pasta Roni Angel Hair Pasta with Herbs
Butter or Margarine
Milk
1 head of garlic
1/2 purple onion
Pepper
Crystal Hot Sauce "Yes it must be Crystal!"
Parmesan cheese
Medium sized pot
Large sized pot
-Cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and boil in water in the medium pot until done.
-Cut up and grate the head of garlic.
-Cut up the purple onion into 1 inch pieces.
-Take 2 and 2/3 cups of the chicken broth from the boiled chicken and pour into the large pot.
Add 4 tablespoons of butter and 1 and 1/3 cup of milk and heat until boiling. Stir in both Special Seasoning packets included in the Pasta Roni boxes. Stir in the grated garlic and sprinkle in approximately 2 teaspoons of pepper. Add chicken, then add the pasta and stir well. Add water as necessary, it should be a little soupy. When the pasta is done, 5-10 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the purple onions. Pour into two bowls and add parmesan and Crystal hot sauce as desired.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Heres my cheat for Cordon Bleu. Sandwich buns, breaded chicken breasts, 3 ounces of heated ham, a slice of swiss cheese, and mayo if you want it. Personally, I prefer it without the mayo.

One of my favorite ways to prepair chicken. For the marinade:
Melt about a shotglass and a half of butter. Put that in a plastic ziplock baggie.
Add about 3/4 cup water in the baggie.
Also add in 1 t. salt and pepper, 1 T. Garlic Powder, Italian seasoning, and Orageno.
Shake the mix up well, place thawed boneless, skinless chicken breast in the bag, and let set for at least an hour.
To cook:
Put in a frying pan over medium/high heat. Pout marinade over chicken, but just enough at a time to keep the chicken from browning. Flip chicken every 3-5 minutes. Repeat until done.
This chicken can be served whole, or cut up and served in some noodles and broth.

My other favorite chicken recipe:
Place thawed or frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast onto a plate. Dump a quarter inch of Cajun seasoning on both sides. Place on a George Forman grill, or something similiar. Keep adding large amounts of Cajun to the chicken during cooking. When done, this chicken will have a crispy outer layer, and a somewhat moist and juicy inside layer. Also, if you use a good quality Cajun, be ready to feel a burn.

Melody

I'm not much for cheese soups, but this is a favorite in our house and the one we are asked most to make when it's a potlock. We usually triple the recipe and freeze the extra.

Broccoli Cheese Soup
2 raw carrots, grated
2 raw potatoes, grated
1 medium onion, grated
2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped fine
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. butter
2 c. cheddar cheese, grated
3 c. milk

Simmer all vegetables in chicken broth (covered pan) until tender. In separate pan, melt butter and whisk in flour. Cook 1-2 minutes over low heat. Whisk in milk and cook until thickened. Add to vegetable/broth mixture. Stir in cheese until melted.

* I do the vegies in my Cuisinart but you can hand shred and chop as well. Just makes sure the pieces aren't big.

finalfrogo

mrscardero said:
I know everyone have favorite meals or desserts. Vegetarian lovers, meat lovers, chocolate lovers, etc. Care to share any recipes of your favorite meals or dessert? Do you have a meal or a dessert that you make that's no where to be found that you would like to share? Your own recipe? I know that there is that secret recipe so if you do not want to share, I would understand.

Yeah, I love Peanut Butter and Jelly. Guess what's in it.

Atheist_Dave

*Foxy Lady*
Dave's Special Stir Fry

This is a recipe I developed. Using ideas from all the chinese take aways I go to, I made this one, it is rather special.

Ingredients:

1 green pepper.
1/2 red chilli/green chilli
1 large white onion
2 portabello mushrooms (the big flat ones)
2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, or sesame or ground nut oil.
1 tbs celery infused salt.
Some fresh cut basil, rosemary, oregano and 2 cloves of garlic.
As much chicken meat needed to feed 2, leg or breast will do.
Some fine noodles, any type you want.

Method

1. Chop the onion in half, then slice both half thinly so they break into little half moons.

2. Chop the green pepper the same way, kinda, jus made it medium sized.

3. Chop garlic finely, chop chilli very finely, herbs must be nice and small, shredded. (Put the noodles in the cook now, they will be ready just in time)

4. Add some oil to a large wok, heat it till it smokes, add the chicken, leave in until brown all over, just seal the flavour in. Take out and leave to cool and rest.

5. put the onion straight into the oil, turn it down, just enough heat to sweat them is needed. Add the pepper at the same time, with the chilli, and garlic.

6. let the mixture sweat for a while, then add the chopped mushrooms, toss around to coat them in the oil, sprinkle celery salt over, and add a splash of soy sauce. add the herbs now, and the chicken, cook chicken through. (slide the chicken quite thin so it cooks through fairly quickly.

7. add cooked noodles, mix round, add some more soy sauce, and a bit of pepper. Serve in a deep bowl with some corriander on top. Enjoy.

(I take no responsibility for any accidents expercienced in the making of this dish)

Peace x

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Atheist_Dave said:
(I take no responsibility for any accidents expercienced in the making of this dish)

You don't want to be responsible for 16 people loving this dish? Oh...You mean accidents. By the way. I have made a copy of Dave's Special Stir Fry and will let you know how many people survive. :faint: :D