• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any magic practicioners?

Theweirdtophat

I just ask because I'm not sure if any Sufi Muslims practice magic, or energy work or something along those lines. I figured if any Muslim group would, it would be the Sufi's due to their interest in mysticism. Just wondering if there were any that practice rituals or energy work. :)

sufi62

Sufi with Sunni beliefs and practices
AFAIK, I've never heard of a Sufi (or any Muslim, for that matter) practicing Magic or divination of any kind, because such things are prohibited in the Qur'an (2:102), and the Sunna.

Yusz

Exorcist and Mystical
Greetings my friend,

It depend how people understand about the word 'magic'. Most of people think magic in negative way. I prefer, word 'inner energy' which is can accepted for majority people. If you learn Haqiqa or Marifa level, you will be teach about how to build your inner energy and open your subconscious mind.

Theweirdtophat

Greetings my friend,

It depend how people understand about the word 'magic'. Most of people think magic in negative way. I prefer, word 'inner energy' which is can accepted for majority people. If you learn Haqiqa or Marifa level, you will be teach about how to build your inner energy and open your subconscious mind.

There are many words for it. I call it spiritual power basically. It says you're an exorcist. Are you a Sufi? Do Sufi's do that as well? I always found Sufism interesting as well. :)

Yusz

Exorcist and Mystical
There are many level or part of sufi teaching.. it depend who sufi master you are learning from. for example of teaching is, 'focus on remembrance or zikr', 'healing', 'mystical journey', 'meditation', etc.