• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any law

Faybull

if
You know...you could just read the Constitution yourself. You'll get your answers there. It's not a "claim" it's a fact. Why do you think the 2nd amendment was even made in the first place? I thought the answer was rather obvious.
even used as a redress of congress

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
well i think i would have to go to the GAO in order to proceed, yes?
still waiting.

Here is the Second Amendment to get you started:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."​

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You know...you could just read the Constitution yourself. You'll get your answers there. It's not a "claim" it's a fact. Why do you think the 2nd amendment was even made in the first place? I thought the answer was rather obvious.
So you offer nothing but bold empty claims as well.

Amazing how many people have no understanding how debate works.

Faybull

ye
still waiting.

Here is the Second Amendment to get you started:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."​
s free, unrestricted, independent....perhaps we just reject the cornerstone?

Faybull

ye

s free, unrestricted, independent....perhaps we just reject the cornerstone?
by that I mean lets look at article six:
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
yes free, unrestricted, independent....perhaps we just reject the cornerstone?
Except you made the bold empty claim of:
"Any law, that infringes upon the right of a US citizen to keep and bear arms, is in fact unconstitutional being that no amendment has been made to the Second Amendment."​

STILL waiting for you to support the claim.

CMike

Is it?

Doesn't the letter of the Second Amendment actually restrict the right to bear arms? Isn't it rather the popular reading - make it wishful thinking, let's call a spade a spade - that even enables the Second Amendment to be used as a defense of arms ownership and use?
No

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Gun rights supporters tend to ignore the "well regulated militia" clause, as well as the historical motivations of the elite, slaveholding 1% who penned it.

Theweirdtophat

So you offer nothing but bold empty claims as well.

Amazing how many people have no understanding how debate works.

You're not doing any better. In fact you're doing worse because while you say people are making empty claims, you offer practically no logical retort yourself. It's so common unfortunately to see people say "You're not making sense" or "You're not being specific" When they themselves make even less sense and are even more vague in their claims and their retorts.

I would give you a novel of claims and ideas and it wouldn't matter. You will think what you want to think. You just say that because you have nothing else to say.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You're not doing any better. In fact you're doing worse because while you say people are making empty claims, you offer practically no logical retort yourself. It's so common unfortunately to see people say "You're not making sense" or "You're not being specific" When they themselves make even less sense and are even more vague in their claims and their retorts.

I would give you a novel of claims and ideas and it wouldn't matter. You will think what you want to think. You just say that because you have nothing else to say.
I have not made a claim other than to point out the empty claims of others.

It is not on me to support your claims or the claims of others.
It is on the one making the claims.

You present many words that when boiled down say very little.

Perhaps you would start actually supporting your claims instead of the all the window dressing you have presented thus far?

I shan't hold my breath.
I suspect if you actually had anything, you would have presented already.

Have a nice day.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Any law, that infringes upon the right of a US citizen to keep and bear arms, is in fact unconstitutional being that no amendment has been made to the Second Amendment.

This is not a very good understanding of how the law works. No right is unfettered. For instance we have laws against fraud. But, the first amendment (freedom of speech) has not been amended. We have laws against human sacrifice. But, the first amendment (freedom of religion) has not been amended.

I know I am a little late to this thread, but someone had to spell it out.

Most Americans got dual citizenship. In most nations it is illegal to carry weapons in public. America yes, sweden no.

Calling for amendment rights to carry weapons is like saying "Welcome to psychosis, pot brought us here, we carry weapons best we like"!!!