• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any law

Faybull

Any law, that infringes upon the right of a US citizen to keep and bear arms, is in fact unconstitutional being that no amendment has been made to the Second Amendment.

Faybull

I whole-heartedly agree. I am barred, by law, from defending m,y home with a rod of iron. Even though it is lawful for me to do such a thing. Strange.

Faybull

Do
I whole-heartedly agree. I am barred, by law, from defending m,y home with a rod of iron. Even though it is lawful for me to do such a thing. Strange.
I shoot the ones that say otherwise? I mean, isn't death the proper administration of justice for treason?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Any law, that infringes upon the right of a US citizen to keep and bear arms, is in fact unconstitutional being that no amendment has been made to the Second Amendment.

Is it?

Doesn't the letter of the Second Amendment actually restrict the right to bear arms? Isn't it rather the popular reading - make it wishful thinking, let's call a spade a spade - that even enables the Second Amendment to be used as a defense of arms ownership and use?

Theweirdtophat

Is it?

Doesn't the letter of the Second Amendment actually restrict the right to bear arms? Isn't it rather the popular reading - make it wishful thinking, let's call a spade a spade - that even enables the Second Amendment to be used as a defense of arms ownership and use?

No...I don't see how it restricts us, especially while during it's discussion the Founding Fathers and others supported the idea to bear arms before the amendment was made.

A person wanting to defend themselves should never be illegal. People under gun control are not only at the mercy of the criminals, but the corrupt political tyrants as well.

Faybull

no, infringe is antithesis of said "Is it?" It isn't above thought until thought...it is unrestrictive, by law
Is it?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No...I don't see how it restricts us, especially while during it's discussion the Founding Fathers and others supported the idea to bear arms before the amendment was made.

A person wanting to defend themselves should never be illegal. People under gun control are not only at the mercy of the criminals, but the corrupt political tyrants as well.

That, unfortunately, simply fails to make any sense whatsoever, or even to connect to the Second Amendment.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Care to support your bold empty claim?

I figured I would just flat out ask, since you seem to have no intentions on doing so on your own...

Theweirdtophat

That, unfortunately, simply fails to make any sense whatsoever, or even to connect to the Second Amendment.

Your answer was even more vague and didn't make much sense.Why would it restrict people when it has said that people have the right to bear arms. Especially they were dealing with the tyrannical British, it's all the more reason to have the citizens armed.

Can you please respond with a different response other than "Your statement doesn't make sense."? That doesn't really tell me anything.

Faybull

if you were to tell me how to support the question, then ya. i may just be flat out dumb as a box of rocks, but it seems to me to be the case of law.

Theweirdtophat

Care to support your bold empty claim?

I figured I would just flat out ask, since you seem to have no intentions on doing so on your own...

You know...you could just read the Constitution yourself. You'll get your answers there. It's not a "claim" it's a fact. Why do you think the 2nd amendment was even made in the first place? I thought the answer was rather obvious.