• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

any interpretation on these passages?

davidthegreek

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rev 19:20 And 2532 the beast 2342 was taken 4084, and 2532 with 3326 him 5127 the false prophet 5578 that wrought 4160 miracles 4592 before 1799 him 846, with 1722 which 3739 he deceived 4105 them that had received 2983 the mark 5480 of the beast 2342, and 2532 them that worshipped 4352 his 846 image 1504. These both 1417 were cast 906 alive 2198 into 1519 a lake 3041 of fire 4442 burning 2545 with 1722 brimstone 2303.
copyChkboxOff.gif
Rev 20:10 And 2532 the devil 1228 that deceived 4105 them 846 was cast 906 into 1519 the lake 3041 of fire 4442 and 2532 brimstone 2303, where 3699 the beast 2342 and 2532 the false prophet 5578 [are], and 2532 shall be tormented 928 day 2250 and 2532 night 3571 for 1519 ever 165 and ever 165.
copyChkboxOff.gif
Rev 20:14 And 2532 death 2288 and 2532 hell 86 were cast 906 into 1519 the lake 3041 of fire 4442. This 3778 is 2076 the second 1208 death 2288.
copyChkboxOff.gif
Rev 20:15 And 2532 whosoever 1536 was 2147 0 not 3756 found 2147 written 1125 in 1722 the book 976 of life 2222 was cast 906 into 1519 the lake 3041 of fire 4442.

Thanks.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Bad people get put in Hell when God is done with us. That seems to be the long and short of it, anyway.

Rakhel

Well after wading through all the numbers and actually finding the verses you wish to discuss, I have come to the conclusion, which is pretty much the same conclusion I have had in the past, that John was seeing things his mind just could not process. Either due to drugs, alcohol, mental insanity, or a combination of any of the three.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Well after wading through all the numbers and actually finding the verses you wish to discuss, I have come to the conclusion, which is pretty much the same conclusion I have had in the past, that John was seeing things his mind just could not process. Either due to drugs, alcohol, mental insanity, or a combination of any of the three.

There's quite a few connections between Daniel and Revelation. Do you subcribe to the belief that Daniel was suffering from mental insanity and/or drug induced hallucinations?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

How do you view the prophets, patriarchs, in the OT? The same way?

Rakhel

Meaning?? Of course they were human, same as the author of Revelations
Most "prophesies" are dream or drug based. Some are because the person deprived themselves of food or drink or even sleep. Then you have the ones that will say what they think someone else wants to hear.
Prophets are human. What they may interpret their, or someone else's, dream to be may not actually be a prophesy. It may just be a dream

I dreamed once that I was flown to a library in a tower on the back of a winged dragon, where a man gave me a piece of rolled up paper.
Now I could interpret that to mean that Cherubim plucked me out of bed and flew me to speak with G-d, in the Tower of Babel, who gave me an ancient papyrus that would say that one day I would birth the next messiah.
Or it could have simply been that my 2nd grade class was discussing fairy tales while my Sunday school class was discussing the story of The Tower of Babel.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Most "prophesies" are dream or drug based. Some are because the person deprived themselves of food or drink. Then you have the ones that will say what they think someone else wants to hear.
Prophets are human. What they may interpret their, or someone else's, dream to be many not actually be a prophesy. It may just be a dream

I dreamed once that I was flown to a library in a tower on the back of a winged dragon, where a man gave me a piece of rolled up paper.
Now I could interpret that to mean that Cherubim plucked me out of bed and flew me to speak with G-d, in the Tower of Babel, who gave me an ancient papyrus that would say that one day I would birth the next messiah.
Or it could have simply been that my 2nd grade class was discussing fairy tales while my Sunday school class was discussing the story of The Tower of Babel.

I'm sorry but I think you are unaware of the meaning of "prophet" in regards to who is termed such in the Bible, theoretically ,at least, those prophecies were not "induced" in any way, if they had been, they would have been left out of the biblical canon..

Rakhel

I'm sorry but I think you are unaware of the meaning of "prophet" in regards to who is termed such in the Bible, theoretically ,at least, those prophecies were not "induced" in any way, if they had been, they would have been left out of the biblical canon..
Oh so you were there?! Cool!!

gnostic

The Lost One
rakhel said:
I have come to the conclusion, which is pretty much the same conclusion I have had in the past, that John was seeing things his mind just could not process. Either due to drugs, alcohol, mental insanity, or a combination of any of the three.
:biglaugh:

That's quite a heady cocktail.

But you forgot that he may have been drunk and drugged during the night of a full moon. :wolf:

:foot:

gnostic

The Lost One
dyanaprajna2011 said:
People are fallible and prone to error, saints as much as sinners.

Saints, prophets or whatever you want to call them, are not only prone to error, but also have the tendency for embellishment and exaggeration.

And let not forget, that many of the texts weren't written by the names found in every books of today's bible. Who to say that they didn't exaggerate any of the events?

Last edited:

BruceDLimber

Extensive interpretation of these verses exists--indeed, the book I'm citing here is literally a verse-by-verse interpretation of the Book of Revelation!

For the details, please visit this site:

Bahá'í Library Online

and in the "Books" section, look for The Apocalypse, by Riggs.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Rakhel

:biglaugh:

That's quite a heady cocktail.

But you forgot that he may have been drunk and drugged during the night of a full moon. :wolf:

:foot:
Silly me :facepalm: I did forget about the mystical powers of the full moon.

Thank you kind sir for reminding me:D