• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any insight as to why I do this?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
But my question for myself is, " why do I feel the need to consider each day that a bunch of people went quadriplegic and are having to adjust to that misery?"
Impulses come from the various ideas that occur to us, then we filter the various ones out subconsciously. It means part of you finds the idea interesting. Perhaps on some level you feel very curious about being a quadriplegic. You're also interested in spiders which have eight legs. It stands to reason that perhaps (not with certainty) you find this different number very interesting, much like...some people are interested deeply in relationships or in trains or stars etc. Maybe it strikes you when you think about it in a way that doesn't strike with most people.

Another thing I think about each day is all the suicides and how they must feel before they take their own lives, and how bad it feels to survive an attempt.
An interesting quadriplegic case is Q-dragon. Since childhood he's been a quadriplegic and has had a youtube channel. Take a look sometime. At first his videos were about atheism and science vs creationism. He's now a young adult, so you can see him maturing through his teen years in his videos. He has become interested in cooking and directs how things are prepared.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Sm5mWFA-oVnrZOVVzpbPg

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
I think it's important to understand that when we allow thought patterns to repeat in our minds, they create well established neural-pathways that become 'habitual'. The more we repeat the idea, the more often and easily it can be repeated. And usually with ever increasing elaboration. So if we allow ourselves to dwell on some frustrating, heart-breaking, inexplicably horrible circumstance or event in our lives (or the lives of others), the more easily it will come back into our consciousness, bringing along with it all those same feelings. And if we are not aware of our doing this, over time, it can become a kind of generalized 'meme'; coloring our impression of life, itself.

It's important to be mindful of the ideas we allow to replay in our minds, because the more often they play through, the more likely they are to play through, again. And the more practice and determination it will take to counteract them in the future. Addictions are created in this kind of habitual thinking, and it's why addictions become so difficult and frustrating to break. Those neural-pathways become so well entrenched and traversed in our minds that it takes very persistent and repeated effort to slowly 'de-legitimize' them and replace them with more positive and healthy thought patterns. Our brains have to be physically 'rearranged', and that takes an ongoing conscious effort.

Dave Watchman

I don't think I want him to suffer forever.

He won't.

But even if he only suffers the length of time from the shot of the first bullet, until he was able to un jam the pistol, it's going to be a very scary number of seconds.

It a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

When I was an adolescent I could have laughed in a courtroom over something like that and given the middle finger to the relatives of the victim. I mean , I didn't, but I hated the world and wanted there to be nothing but miserable people like me.

I know.

But you never shot a helpless little girl laying in fear at the bottom of a pit.

Anderson was 20.

He's a big boy now.

I wonder if I delete his image from my image host, will he disappear from the thread?

Vanish like he was never born.

EXAQ25N.png

Don't get me wrong, the guy that did that maybe deserves to go through what his victim did, I believe in justice. But he might actually be going through that already. No need for eternal torture.

That's what I think it's going to be. This is what Paul was talking about when he said, "do you not know the saints will judge the world?

The victims of these things will have input into how severe the punishment should be for their murderer.

How long they will linger in the flame prior to annihilation.

Some will be beaten with many stripes, others will be beaten with few stripes.

He might just be like a cat. Does a cat have any compassion for delighting in torturing a mouse all day long? No, it's just how God made cats.

The cat's just doing it's job.

Do venemous snakes and spiders deserve to be tortured because they kill kids and terrify people? No, that's how God made them.

Here is a cool video, unless your a crocodile.

I wish we could embed twitter video, this ones a saver.

One of the comments was like, 'I didn't know they could do that.

For all you know, that guy could be angry at the world because he is jealous , and never was he shown good examples or unconditional love. And yes, that can create a person who will torture people to death just for the pleasure of killing them.

I guess we'll see about that.

Like the Lord, I take no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked.

I'm not saying that usually is the result of being unloved, neglected, and abused, but abusive or criminal behavior from such people seems to be the norm.

Check out this woman, she's one of my favorites.

She was an orphan, left up for adoption in NYC.

I wished I could have adopted her.

I was probably too young at the time.

Her mother might have been a student.

Hill Billy music.

I love this lady.

Welch has speculated that her biological father could have been one of her favorite musicians, and she later discovered from her adoptive parents that he was a drummer.[1][4][5] Alec Wilkinson of The New Yorker stated that "from an address they had been given, it appeared that her mother ... may have grown up in the mountains of North Carolina".[1]

Last edited: