• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any good Eastern Orthodox sites for complete newbies?

Treks

Hello

I'm currently learning about Catholicism. Roman Catholic sources are abundant, but I'm a little lost for where to start learning about Eastern Orthodox. Can anyone recommend any good, comprehensive introductory websites, please?

Many thanks

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Hello Treks,

Yes, actually, there are several good Orthodox sites out there! I'm including them below :)

Discover Orthodox Christianity | Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese <--An assortment of articles, many of them in Q&A format.
OCA - The Orthodox Faith <--This page in particular is actually a catechetical series that you can read in its entirety online for free!
OrthodoxWiki <--Yes, that's right, we Orthodox have our own Wiki :D
American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese of the USA | Orthodox Reading Room <--the left column on this page has a ton of resources. Also check out the "Prayer Corner" link on the top of the page to find prayers and hymns.
Welcome - Ancient Faith Radio <--This place is a site dedicated to Orthodox radio and podcasts that are very informative. The "Radio" section also has a station dedicated exclusively to Orthodox music!

Hope that helps, and God bless! :)

Treks

Thanks Shiranui. Frubal. :D

I sense a bombardment of questions approaching the Eastern Orthodox subforum (which I only just found)...

Last edited:

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Good stuff, Shiranui.

Been reading a lot of those since you offered them sometime ago. Always growing.

Good to see some new posts in here as well.
Looking forward to it.