• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Fallout New Vegas Fans?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well Bethesda hired Obsidian to create Fallout New Vegas, which is why it was so brilliant. It bares the traits of obsidians rpg creation. Morrowind was certainly a great game of Bethesdas.

But I don't know. Bethesda seems to just want to generate money rather than make effort to release decent games. I mean how many times have they re released Skyrim?
Agreed. I do like the VR conversions since it was non existant with many older games as well as dlc included. Skyrim and Quake among my faves. I don't feel ripped off in that sense.

Aside from that path, that publisher's are on with "games as a service" which imo, is destroying gaming rather quickly now.

The quality and art just isn't there anymore. Its all about monetization and the latest scams are more upsetting than ever before.

Now there are NFT games being touted as 'money makers' that I consider the end of gaming as it once was. People paying and reselling what amounts to be ones and zeros. All worthless digital code that has no real tangible value.

It all recolves around greed. Greedy publishers for greedy players. Whales and more whales keeping it going with pay to win, buy and trade, and addictive gambling now at the forefront rather than immersive gaming.

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Now there are NFT games being touted as 'money makers' that I consider the end of gaming as it once was. People paying and reselling what amounts to be ones and zeros. All worthless digital code that has no real tangible value.
NFT games... does that mean I'm finally going to legally own my digital copy of a game?

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Agreed. I do like the VR conversions since it was non existant with many older games as well as dlc included. Skyrim and Quake among my faves. I don't feel ripped off in that sense.

Aside from that path, that publisher's are on with "games as a service" which imo, is destroying gaming rather quickly now.

The quality and art just isn't there anymore. Its all about monetization and the latest scams are more upsetting than ever before.

It all recolves around greed. Greedy publishers for greedy players. Whales and more whales keeping it going with pay to win, buy and trade, and addictive gambling now at the forefront rather than immersive gaming.

I agree with you. Most mainstream games are made under corporations who care more about prophet than anything else. I think that certain companies, such as Nintendo, Obsidian, Bioware etc, still retain the soul of gaming, and care about making quality games.

The advent of DLC's saw the downfall in quality mainstream games. No longer to most publishers care to make a solid game with solid code, but know that they can fix code afterwards with patches and restrict content in the main game as they want to sell it as DLC content for extra bucks, so they often release unsatisfactory games.

The concept of buying upgrades make many games pay to win which is a horrible concept.

I am unsure of what NFT games are so if you could explain that it would be great.

I think that the soul of gaming will remain in the hands of independent developers though, and there are a lot on steam, with a lot of popular independent games being created that reflect the ethos of the old classics.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Fallout: New Vegas is one of my favorite games. I’m doing a Fallout 3 run right now, which is basically the first half of this game. If you love one, you will love the other.

For this playthrough my instruments of death have primarily been melee (especially the flaming sword, aka the Shishkabob) Missile Launcher, frag grenades and other explosives, a Tri-Beam Laser Rifle, and a named Plasma Rifle.

I sacrificed Charisma for maximum Strength (for stronger melee and maximum carry weight) maximum Intelligence (so I can max out all my skills) and Luck (better crits, widespread skill bonuses) then focused primarily on skills required to unlock perks I wanted, as well as Speech/ Lockpick/ Science for dialogue options and exploring. My favorite perks for my playstyle were probably Ninja/ Better Criticals & Finesse/ Silent Running/ Demolitions Expert x 3/ Pyromaniac (for flaming sword)/ Scrounger (for way more ammo especially missiles)/ Toughness and Cyborg, with only a few VATS related perks such as Commando and Gunslinger, and of course Educated and Comprehension so I can reach 100 in every skill.

I enjoy all the weapons... but nothing in Fallout 3 and Fallout NV is more satisfying for me than putting it on the highest difficulties and then finding a way towards swording and blowing up everything I can while exploring every inch of the map, and occasionally VATS’ing with energy weapons.

And some of the tracks make me feel so at peace:

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I agree with you. Most mainstream games are made under corporations who care more about prophet than anything else. I think that certain companies, such as Nintendo, Obsidian, Bioware etc, still retain the soul of gaming, and care about making quality games.

The advent of DLC's saw the downfall in quality mainstream games. No longer to most publishers care to make a solid game with solid code, but know that they can fix code afterwards with patches and restrict content in the main game as they want to sell it as DLC content for extra bucks, so they often release unsatisfactory games.

The concept of buying upgrades make many games pay to win which is a horrible concept.

I am unsure of what NFT games are so if you could explain that it would be great.

I think that the soul of gaming will remain in the hands of independent developers though, and there are a lot on steam, with a lot of popular independent games being created that reflect the ethos of the old classics.
I find I'm far more attracted to indie than major developers and publishers now. Most are shovelware garbage, but there are certainly a few gems as well.

Hayboyek

I am fan of that game. Used to play it in 2020. I found it randomly the pirate bay because sharing services were not forbidden in my place. If you're interested in using sharing stuff to share your own files or to download large files from other people, stay safe with an antivirus program and only download torrents from users you trust.

Last edited: