• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any exercise people here..

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I run about two miles every other day and do calisthenics on the off days. Im beginning to get into weight lifting again in place of calisthenics on some off days.

My routine is off right now, since im recovering from a minor back injury. It's agitating not being able to exercise :D

I also plan to start swimming regularly once I recover.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I run about two miles every other day and do calisthenics on the off days. Im beginning to get into weight lifting again in place of calisthenics on some off days.

My routine is off right now, since im recovering from a minor back injury. It's agitating not being able to exercise :D

I also plan to start swimming regularly once I recover.
Let me make a recommendation that you stop jogging, which terribly jars your system, and take up fast walking. Swimming is great. Most people in my general age category who have a history of jogging usually have develop serious knee and/or hip problems.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Let me make a recommendation that you stop jogging, which terribly jars your system, and take up fast walking. Swimming is great. Most people in my general age category who have a history of jogging usually have develop serious knee and/or hip problems.
I understand. I don't run with a heel strike, so I am able to control impact and run smoothly without shock to my body.

Also, the back problem is probably because of posture; I've had this problem before.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Weight lifter here. I shoot for 3-4 x/week. I used to power lift, no comps. though so I guess I wasn't a real power lifter. :p I used to run, but with back problems now (ironically, not from lifting), it's all but impossible now. I walk, either treadmill or outdoors.

Jumi

Been sick so haven't been excercising for a while. Normally I have my own routines including some weights, bodyweight excercises and martial arts.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've been trying to get into the gym at least 4 times a week, which doesn't always happen. But even with modest effort, the effects of a summer spend recooping from new surgery and a hectic semester of that involved many 10-or-more hour days at school is starting to reverse. The scale doesn't have to move as much, my muscles are starting to tone up, my endurance is increasing, and I'm back to dual-watching Fox and MSNBC for a half hour.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I've been trying to get into the gym at least 4 times a week, which doesn't always happen. But even with modest effort, the effects of a summer spend recooping from new surgery and a hectic semester of that involved many 10-or-more hour days at school is starting to reverse. The scale doesn't have to move as much, my muscles are starting to tone up, my endurance is increasing, and I'm back to dual-watching Fox and MSNBC for a half hour.
Wait a minute! How can you exercise when puking while watching Fox?

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
My only real exercise is at work.

But spending the day installing pipe or tearing apart boilers can certainly feel like a workout.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wait a minute! How can you exercise when puking while watching Fox?
It's not too bad. Sometimes they'll say something that will really **** me off, which is better for a work out. But the other day it kinda surprised me when it was MSNBC having a thingy about extreme road rage (even showing a guy punching out someone's passenger side window), as that sort of shock-and-scare thing is more of a Fox specialty.
But when Jeopardy comes on, I must focus really hard on not focusing on that channel or I end up wasting my aerobics time.

freethinker44

I was into weight lifting, but I haven't really done anything for the past year or so. My workload for school got kind of rough and I just never really got back into it. I'm still crazy strong though, but I've lost a lot of stamina and gotten fat. I need to get back into it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Cardio 5 days a week
Yoga 6 days a week
Pilates 3 days a week
Ballet barre exercises every day. Every. Single. Day.

Tutu and pointe performance goal in December 2015. It requires mad athleticism and my feet are not happy about it, but my muscles are loving the newly rediscovered strength.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I hate to exercise. I prefer to move without noticing... Like walking to get from A to B or to swim for fun (meaning not doing laps). My mom never owned a car so I walked everywhere growing up.

I'd really like to live in a town again someday. Living in the country means there's nothing, and therefore nothing to walk to. So my physical activity has decreased a lot in the past few years, which isn't healthy.

Reactions: MD

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Dealing with severe Sciatica/ Piriformis syndrome now, my back may be shot. It hurts so bad I don't even want to do push ups.

Can't do dead lifts or squats anymore. :/ The satisfaction the pump brought me is missed, I haven't lifted weights in about 3 months now.

Before this lifting and exercise was a satisfying part of my personal life, it meant a lot to me.

I have to see about the severity of the situation and maybe one day I can return to lifting but for now I think I'm nursing a herniated disc.

MD

qualiaphile
Weightlifting 3-4x/week with a minor rotator cuff tear...the ravages of age!