• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any cricket fans out there?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ah yes, it is perhaps for another debate on another forum, but the argument some have put forward is that English Test cricketers have lost the knack of Test cricket, having played too much one day, twenty twenty, IPL etc. What encouraged me about the third test was that England played proper Test. Cook and Stokes dug in on the second day when conditions favoured the bowlers rather than throwing the bat at it. We're coming for you Geoff! ;)

We are ready - fingers crossed!

:)

Milton Platt

I love crickets.
Cricket.jpg

They're cute, the make a beautiful soothing sound, and if prepared properly they can be very tasty.

Fish bait....you forgot fish bait.....

I really don't know anything about cricket but I am a total fan of the Pakistani cricket team.. love them! :)..
Pakistan Zindabad!!!. (this is the new word I learned yesterday ;)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In the depths of an Aussie winter I am enjoying reading "80 Not Out" by Dickie Bird who was a famous umpire.

Very enjoyable - check it out if you get the chance!

Here is one review of the book:

After spending a lifetime 'married to cricket', Dickie Bird certainly has plenty of career highlights to share. Barely a week goes by where the umpiring legend isn't visiting a county or Test match arena where he can keep up to date with all the goings on in the cricket world. In this fascinating, funny and thoroughly entertaining read, the loveable eccentric reflects on his life dedicated to cricket, the company of old friends and acquaintances and his own colourful and unforgettable contribution to the game. A wonderful and impressive celebration of all Dickie has done for this popular sport that has amazingly spanned over half a century, 80 Not Out is a must-read for cricket players and fans.

Cheers.

ajay0

Former Pakistani cricketer Imran Khan is set to become Pakistan's new prime minister after winning the majority in the recent pakistani assembly elections.

As a cricketer he excelled as a fast bowler , all-rounder and captain and is considered the finest captain allrounder in cricketing history. He forged the pakistani team into a formidable team and led it to its maident world cup victory in 1992 after which he retired.

Fast bowlers like Waqar Younis, Wasim Akram, Shoaib Akthar who are legends in their own right , were picked, coached and mentored by him into world-class players.

After retirement Imran built a cancer hospital and a cancer research institute in his mother's memory who had died of cancer. He also created an engineering college in Punjab, Pakistan for underprivileged students.

He created his own political party in 1996 to bring honesty and accountability to Pakistani politics , inspite of competition by well-established political players, and two decades later, is on his way to become the Pakistani prime minister.