• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Arguments by which to Conclude that Consciousness Is a Product of Brains?

gnomon

The

What would happen should everything we want to know be known in a way that is indisputable? What then? Who would be able to 'entertain' you with the game of TRUE or FALSE?
I apologize to you. My original response was such a ******* response. I was so hung up on the OP.......the thought that I should be "entertained" knowing who the **** I am? I'm sorry.

Evie

When I first joined the Forum. I asked a question to which I have received no answers. That question being: Why does such a System of Religious Beliefs exist? And why did not God prevent such a system to form? Could it be that there is a reason for it's existence of which humanity is unaware? And when we do know what we presently do not know, will we understand why Christianity is the most formidable?

gnomon

A syllogism consists of 3 terms (and a copula), and a deduction (a valid conclusion) requires certain configurations of those 3 terms: Syllogism - Wikipedia

I asked for an argument. You have not made an argument.

Again, begin with a fact that you can substantiate, then make a deduction.

Did you read the OPs at the thread on NDEs? What do you claim was the "some sort of interaction" in the brain of Dr. Rudy's patient who not only observed but remembered seeing Drs. Rudy and Amado-Cattaneo talking in the doorway with their arms folded?

Provide an actual argument.

Do you know what an argument is?

It would seem that one really needs to be able to argue that the properties of brain components or processes logically give rise to mental phenomena (self-consciousness, free will, beliefs, etc.). But it also seems that we already know that they don't--e.g., there is just no amount or complexity of neuronal electrical activity that logically produces mental phenomena./QUOTE]

An assumption.

An illogical assumption.

Right there. Zero evidence.........mere assumption..........

Base upon claims of mere assumptions...........no arguments to be found here.

Waste of absolute time and intellect........

And....never mind.

Nous

Premium Member
Provide an actual argument.
Argument for what? The OP is a challenge for people who believe that consciousness is a product of something happening in brain matter to argue their belief.

No one here was able to provide any such argument. Can you do it? (I predict you can't.)