• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Anime Fans on the RF?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Some of my favorites

Future Diary psychological thriller 5/5
Konasuba Comedy about animes 4.5/5
High School DXD Harem Action Comedy 4.5/5
Toradora Romance 4.5/5 if they had the wedding it would of been 5/5
Assassination Classroom 2nd season Action Comedy 4.5/5
Fairy Tail Magical Adventure comedy 4.5/5

What about you, would love to hear about some good ones and would love to discuss any of these or others I've seen.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I just want to edit my thoughts on Future Diary. Its listed as a psychological thriller but I found it to be a psychological romance and the main protagonist Yuno Gasia is my Waifu

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
A trio of my faves aside from the high-profile ones like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Bleach.

Drum roll .....

*FLCL

*KARIN

*Karakurizōshi Ayatsuri Sakon

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
One of my all time favorites. The music alone makes it memorable.

No Doubt. I pretty much lost it with the song Greenbird. For a while there I thought that was the end of Spike after his battle with Vicious.

Another time was even more emotional with the departure of Ed and Ein at the series end. "Call Me"

You know you've experienced a world class anime when you got a tear in your eye. "O)

Those songs will always be with me and close to my heart.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I’ve been out of the scene for a while, but I have fond memories of Sailor Moon and Digimon (yes, I know the 4Kids dub is supposed to be proof of Satan, but it was still my childhood.)
I also liked One Piece and own all of Studio Ghibli films.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Some of my favorites

What about you, would love to hear about some good ones and would love to discuss any of these or others I've seen.
I saw three of those. I am not an anime fan, but over the years I have enjoyed some good ones for free or commercial supported. I don't remember them all. Art, plot and humor make a winning combination. If you see the following you will have seen most of the better anime shows available in English.

Gintama, Girls Last Tour, Made in Abyss, Blood Lad, Cowboy Beebop, Space Brothers, Tiger & Bunny, Star Blazers, Onihei, Mushishi, Fairy Tail, K Missing Kings, Kabukibu, Dallos, Night on the Galactic Railroad, Black Lagoon, Fate/Stay Night Unlim..., Kamisama Kiss, DNA 2, Sword Art Online, Saga of Tanya the Evil, Vampire Hunter D, A Certain Magical Index, Amagi Brilliant Park, Trigun, Blue Submarine No. 6, Psycho Pass, Deadman Wonderland, Attack on Titan, Captain Harlock, Parasyte, The Morose Mononokean, Samurai Jack, Full Metal Panic, Sagrada Reset, Hellsing, Bungo Stray Dogs, Black Blood Brothers, Gargantia on the Verderous Planet, One Punch Man, Rosario + Vampire, Hellgirl, Samurai Champloo, Re:Zero, Vampire Knight, Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul, Berzerk, Joker Game, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Tower of Druaga, Outlaw Star, Twin Star Exorcists, Gurran Laggan, Is This a Zombie?, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Moon Phase, D. Gray Man.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I saw three of those. I am not an anime fan, but over the years I have enjoyed some good ones for free or commercial supported. I don't remember them all. Art, plot and humor make a winning combination. If you see the following you will have seen most of the better anime shows available in English.

Gintama, Girls Last Tour, Made in Abyss, Blood Lad, Cowboy Beebop, Space Brothers, Tiger & Bunny, Star Blazers, Onihei, Mushishi, Fairy Tail, K Missing Kings, Kabukibu, Dallos, Night on the Galactic Railroad, Black Lagoon, Fate/Stay Night Unlim..., Kamisama Kiss, DNA 2, Sword Art Online, Saga of Tanya the Evil, Vampire Hunter D, A Certain Magical Index, Amagi Brilliant Park, Trigun, Blue Submarine No. 6, Psycho Pass, Deadman Wonderland, Attack on Titan, Captain Harlock, Parasyte, The Morose Mononokean, Samurai Jack, Full Metal Panic, Sagrada Reset, Hellsing, Bungo Stray Dogs, Black Blood Brothers, Gargantia on the Verderous Planet, One Punch Man, Rosario + Vampire, Hellgirl, Samurai Champloo, Re:Zero, Vampire Knight, Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul, Berzerk, Joker Game, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Tower of Druaga, Outlaw Star, Twin Star Exorcists, Gurran Laggan, Is This a Zombie?, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Moon Phase, D. Gray Man.

I can't believe I forgot to list One Punch Man. I too see the anime for free but on legal sites and Netflix. Thats a pretty big list of anime for someone not a fan. The other one I would shout out to is Kamisama Kiss, I enjoyed the story as well.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I can't believe I forgot to list One Punch Man. I too see the anime for free but on legal sites and Netflix. Thats a pretty big list of anime for someone not a fan. The other one I would shout out to is Kamisama Kiss, I enjoyed the story as well.
I should point out I don't mean free as in illegally free. I just mean that I have not bought any. Actually I tried to subscribe on crunchy roll but had trouble getting my payment processed.

Yes it is a long list, and I have had a lot of downtime. I'm more of a critic than a fan, because I am critical and don't buy things. There is a lot of anime I will not watch because it has too much slapstick humor, too stupid plot, too formulaic etc. I don't even like the drawing style of some anime -- the way that so many of the characters look alike. They should look different! Usually they do in the best shows.

One Punch Man makes deserved fun of Dragonball, Bleach, Naruto and all those shows where every episode is Karate Kid in miniature.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I should point out I don't mean free as in illegally free. I just mean that I have not bought any. Actually I tried to subscribe on crunchy roll but had trouble getting my payment processed.

Yes it is a long list, and I have had a lot of downtime. I'm more of a critic than a fan, because I am critical and don't buy things. There is a lot of anime I will not watch because it has too much slapstick humor, too stupid plot, too formulaic etc. I don't even like the drawing style of some anime -- the way that so many of the characters look alike. They should look different! Usually they do in the best shows.

One Punch Man makes deserved fun of Dragonball, Bleach, Naruto and all those shows where every episode is Karate Kid in miniature.

Yeah the style is something I go for too. An example would be Kamisama Kiss, very stylish and I loved how the main character would change outfits in an episode. So many anime keep the characters looking the same so that the drawings are easier. I just watched Usagi Drop(Bunny Drop) and it was done is a water color style which was unique along with a good story it very satisfying

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Some of my favorites

I prefer subtitles except that in anime certain people have squeaky kid voices, which seems awkward. When its dubbed the voices seem normalized, yet the subtitled arrangements usually are superior. One of the series in my list was Made in Abyss which I saw subtitled on A Prime. The art is very pretty. Yesterday I coincidentally found a dubbed version was playing in the theater and went to see it. It was the first half of the episodes dubbed instead of subtitled. I was the only person in the theater. The dubbing was very good, but it changed the film to an English film (aside from some bowing). It no longer seemed Japanese which may have been the goal. The sound of the language has a strong impact on the words.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I prefer subtitles except that in anime certain people have squeaky kid voices, which seems awkward. When its dubbed the voices seem normalized, yet the subtitled arrangements usually are superior. One of the series in my list was Made in Abyss which I saw subtitled on A Prime. The art is very pretty. Yesterday I coincidentally found a dubbed version was playing in the theater and went to see it. It was the first half of the episodes dubbed instead of subtitled. I was the only person in the theater. The dubbing was very good, but it changed the film to an English film (aside from some bowing). It no longer seemed Japanese which may have been the goal. The sound of the language has a strong impact on the words.

I too prefer subbing but have compared both with anime's I really like, usually the subbing is closer to the story but there were a couple of dubbings that made the anime better. With subbing I also feel like while watching I'm learning Japanese which is an added bonus. I don't know Made in the Abyss, I'll check it out.