• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Al Pacino fans?

pearl

One of my favorite actors. Found this writeup, thought it interesting.

AdChoices
The Al Pacino Classic That Terrified Hollywood

AA11VjXJ.img

he Al Pacino classic Scarface introduced movie audiences to Tony Montana. The 1993 gangster film is considered one of the outstanding achievements in cinematic history. But what’s interesting about this classic movie is that many filmmakers believed it should never have been made.

The Al Pacino Classic That Terrified Hollywood (msn.com)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
One of my favorite actors. Found this writeup, thought it interesting.

AdChoices
The Al Pacino Classic That Terrified Hollywood

AA11VjXJ.img

he Al Pacino classic Scarface introduced movie audiences to Tony Montana. The 1993 gangster film is considered one of the outstanding achievements in cinematic history. But what’s interesting about this classic movie is that many filmmakers believed it should never have been made.

The Al Pacino Classic That Terrified Hollywood (msn.com)

Scarface wasn't bad. It had its moments. I never could understand the cult following it got in later years.

One thing I observed was that Tony Montana bore a striking resemblance to Michael Corleone, who spent some time in Cuba back in the 1950s.

PureX

Veteran Member
"Oliver Stone’s screenplay of the eighties movie depicted Al Pacino’s Tony Montana as an allegory for President Ronald Reagan’s war on drugs, according to Den of Geek. Filmmaker Martin Scorsese even warned the producers that many in Hollywood would hate the film when it premiered in New York."

"That said, many in the industry thought of it to be judging the system."

"According to Den of Geek, Oliver Stone’s screenplay “repulsed” those familiar with the 1932 version and were proponents of how Hollywood produced its projects."

Is anyone here seeing ANY explanation of why this movie supposedly "terrified Hollywood"? Because I have absolutely no idea from reading this pathetic drivel passing itself off as some sort of journalism. And who the #### is "Den of Geek"? And why should anyone else on this planet give a crap what it/they think? Is this some sort of subversive advertisement for them?

RestlessSoul

Scarface wasn't bad. It had its moments. I never could understand the cult following it got in later years.

One thing I observed was that Tony Montana bore a striking resemblance to Michael Corleone, who spent some time in Cuba back in the 1950s.

Comparing those two characters illustrates the depth of his acting talent I think. I didn’t even realise it was the same actor the first time I watched Scarface.