• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anton LaVey's movie Speak of the Devil

Speak of the Devil

This movie was made in 1995, in response to The Satanic Panic of the late 1980s. It portrays snippets of Anton LaVey's interesting life and lets you get a feel for his personality. Some might find it interesting :D

Troublemane

LoL, considering some of the people in that video claiming to be satanists (like the guy with few teeth), i would say it's DEFINITELY NOT a recruitment video! LoL! :angel2:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Speak of the Devil

This movie was made in 1995, in response to The Satanic Panic of the late 1980s. It portrays snippets of Anton LaVey's interesting life and lets you get a feel for his personality. Some might find it interesting :D

The obvious Christian perespectives in this video make me sick. There are some sad people out there living under rocks who need to be exposed to life outside the cardboard box.

The obvious Christian perespectives in this video make me sick. There are some sad people out there living under rocks who need to be exposed to life outside the cardboard box.

For most of the people in the video, their knowledge of Satanism comes from what they've picked up from the media.

It is to be expected; Satanism isn't important in their lives. And that's fine with me. :)

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
For most of the people in the video, their knowledge of Satanism comes from what they've picked up from the media.

It is to be expected; Satanism isn't important in their lives. And that's fine with me. :)

Its sad, the media isn't a great place to learn from. I was suprised that some people actually had decent knowledge of Satanism, usually its just for the christians who have nothing else to blame their sins on, and feel they need to wipe their slate clean with God.
Satanism is growing, but unfortunately usually through music promoting a violent message along with it.

Satanism is growing, but unfortunately usually through music promoting a violent message along with it.

This isn't what I am seeing at all. But then, I do not think of everyone who calls themselves Satanists as Satanists.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
This isn't what I am seeing at all. But then, I do not think of everyone who calls themselves Satanists as Satanists.

I used to live in Queensland Australia, in Brisbane city there used to be huge congregations of goths who called themselves satanists, whether they were or not is debatable, but at least its safe to say interest is on the rise. Here in Norway theres little talk about it, but more often than not a lot of discontent for the christians.

Eschatas

Nick Bougas' movie is kind of fun. The early collection of interviews are scattered between people off the street and friends of his like Adam Parfrey. Take a guess which were which based on how they responded.

Check out his "Death Scenes" if you can find a copy. Anton LaVey did the narration, with a lot of it mixing fact and fantasy.

BlackAce

Satanist
late to this thread I see, i have not seen the movie yet, would like to purchase it.

Not sure what the guy with few teeth has to do with being a Satanist though, I lost my teeth when I was 19 due to chronic bone weakness, what does my teeth have to do with my mind?

Anyways, carry on, Just a curious onlooker exploring these threads!