• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Antigays use American Flag filter on Facebook

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Goddamn it. You want an anti-gay flag? Here's one;

200px-Flag_of_German_Reich_%281935%E2%80%931945%29.svg.png

Yes, I just Godwin'ed. Why? Because **** you, I can.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Americans don't care about freedom. They care about their version of freedom. Which is that everyone is free to do what everyone else thinks they ought to do.
I disagree, but I live in a pretty liberal area of the country. In DC we are pretty much free to do whatever we want, within reason.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Good for them.
Bleh. They're desecrating what should be a symbol of liberty for all peoples'. An ideal that rests above the reality of the situation. Yes, it's a flag designed for what was a slave-holding, plutocratic republic. But that's not what it meant. It means "all men were created equal, endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights". The flag has always stood for the freedom of women, blacks, homosexuals, ect. It's the republic that has to catch up to it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Bleh. They're desecrating what should be a symbol of liberty for all peoples'. An ideal that rests above the reality of the situation. Yes, it's a flag designed for what was a slave-holding, plutocratic republic. But that's not what it meant. It means "all men were created equal, endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights". The flag has always stood for the freedom of women, blacks, homosexuals, ect. It's the republic that has to catch up to it.

I agree with you.

Consider my first response on the level of a "bless their hearts" or "well, isn't that special" kind of response.

HonestJoe

I put a transparent filter on my Facebook picture as a symbol of my looking through all this political grandstanding and getting on with real stuff.

Jumi

I put a transparent filter on my Facebook picture as a symbol of my looking through all this political grandstanding and getting on with real stuff.
Sadly, I think this phase will still take decades for some people to get over. But I'm surprised the US got there this fast. Some hope restored that things will get better.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I guess it is inevitable. Sad, for sure, but maybe expressing their frustration will help them in some way.